rF2 GT3 Club @ Nürburgring - Friday 4th September 2015

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
Guys, Struggling here, pinched a nerve in my back and 45-60 mins sitting might make it worse, plus have some domestic stuff to do.
I will arrive if I can.
Sorry

The Nismo is pretty harsh on tyres. Isn't it? Was running as high as fifth without a care in the world until understeer got the better of me.

@Sharjeel
Tyres are kinda fragile in these cars, but tbh I saw you locking up the tyres a lot while driving behind you and I knew then and there that they wouldn't last you. Sorry for the small bump before the overtake. I had hoped to set up an overtake in the next turn without making contact and was under the impression you had noticed me. So I just went as far to the inside as I could to avoid it, but I still touched you. Hope it didn't compromise your race.

@Mark Breslin
Great pace battle we had towards the end! Shame it ended the way it did but in @Martin Bulgin's defence I had defended like a madman in the last two laps, always sticking to the inside and delaying my throttle when there was nowhere for him to go so it is understandable that he would try to divebomb me into the chicane on the last lap, but unfortunately he touched you and gave me fifth place.

Good race and good fun everyone! Btw can anyone upload the replay for me? rFactor2 crashed on me after the race and I want to see how questionable my actions were and whether I have some apologizing to do :whistling:

Last edited:
@Queequeg Na mate, you were fine. Doesn't matter if you nudged me. I was destroying my tyres nonetheless, and did it twice. The thing is in rfactor2 I can't seem to feel a lock up through my wheel unless I flick it around in cornersl. Might have to do with the brake pressure as well which I had set at 78, which is just a notch down from 80. Enjoyed the first 5 or so laps though.

@Queequeg Na mate, you were fine. Doesn't matter if you nudged me. I was destroying my tyres nonetheless, and did it twice. The thing is in rfactor2 I can't seem to feel a lock up through my wheel unless I flick it around in cornersl. Might have to do with the brake pressure as well which I had set at 78, which is just a notch down from 80. Enjoyed the first 5 or so laps though.

Then turn up the tire volume. Make its easier to hear :)

I said sorry to Mark after the race but like Gabriel said, last lap, last but one turn, I had to try and send one up the inside :D good fun last night though chaps and good racing

Last edited:
@Sharjeel
Tyres are kinda fragile in these cars, but tbh I saw you locking up the tyres a lot while driving behind you and I knew then and there that they wouldn't last you. Sorry for the small bump before the overtake. I had hoped to set up an overtake in the next turn without making contact and was under the impression you had noticed me. So I just went as far to the inside as I could to avoid it, but I still touched you. Hope it didn't compromise your race.

@Mark Breslin
Great pace battle we had towards the end! Shame it ended the way it did but in @Martin Bulgin's defence I had defended like a madman in the last two laps, always sticking to the inside and delaying my throttle when there was nowhere for him to go so it is understandable that he would try to divebomb me into the chicane on the last lap, but unfortunately he touched you and gave me fifth place.

Good race and good fun everyone! Btw can anyone upload the replay for me? rFactor2 crashed on me after the race and I want to see how questionable my actions were and whether I have some apologizing to do :whistling:
No worries, I was concentrating on my lack of fuel, and left more of a gap than I should of!!
Situation reversed, I would do the same!:whistling:
All good........'til next time!:thumbsup:

As mentioned last week, the next GT3 Club event is now up; the race, at Mid Ohio, is scheduled for this coming Friday (11th September 2015). Details about the event can be found here. Be sure to get involved! Hopefully we'll see you on track. :D And a quick heads up, this week we shall be using the BOP ISI GT cars, by@Frederic Schornstein et al., alongside the popular BES mod. :thumbsup: If you have any other suggestions be sure to let us know.

Also, a quick note about future events, as these will now appear in a weekly front-page post about upcoming races, threads shall appear at least one week in advance, which will give you more time to sign up, test and get involved. ;) Therefore, the event thread for next week's races shall be posted tomorrow.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 139 13.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 103 10.0%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 96 9.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 73 7.1%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 142 13.8%