rF2 GT3 Club @ Laguna Seca - Sat 19th April

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
Just give it a go there are a lot of drivers with diffrent skill levels As long as you keep it clean and out of trouble you sont end up last.
I will need to get more practice first. I'm pretty new to racing sims and the wheel in general. I also haven't changed much of the setup for the car. Only Wing and brakes so far. Will sort the rest out soon. Thanks for the hope haha.

I'm hesitant to sign up for the race. I was in the server practicing yesterday and I was over 6 seconds off the fastest time. I also don't want to ruin fun the others are having, in case I accidentally hit them. Would I be able to spectate the race if I don't sign up?

Hi Scott. I wouldn't worry about being "off the pace". This is a club event, so it's supposed to be for fun, and a range of abilities as Freddy has said. There will be quick and slower people, and it's up to everyone to respect one another, and just enjoy themselves. So it doesn't matter that you're slow - it won't ruin the race for others. As long as you leave space for fellow drivers, aren't too aggressive, and take heed of blue flags then you'll be fine. There's also still just under 2 weeks until the event - plenty of time to practice and improve. You might find some additional time with a better setup; if you need some advice then feel free to ask, especially on the server. There will always be guys willing to help you improve and send you their setups - I will send you mine later if you like. :thumbsup: If you're interested I will add you to the sign-up list, and if you decide not to race on the day then you can stay around and watch; however, if the sign-up list starts to fill up, and you decide not to race, then we might have to say that spectating won't be possible as you'll be taking up the place of someone else who wants to take part. But I would certainly recommend taking part. :D

If you're interested I will add you to the sign-up list, and if you decide not to race on the day then you can stay around and watch; however, if the sign-up list starts to fill up, and you decide not to race, then we might have to say that spectating won't be possible as you'll be taking up the place of someone else who wants to take part. But I would certainly recommend taking part. :D

It should still be possible to join as spectator. Then you dont use a racingslot ;)

It should still be possible to join as spectator. Then you dont use a racingslot ;)

That is a good point! Forgot that joining as a spectator doesn't affect the number of available spaces on the grid. Thanks Simon. However, what it is the maximum number of people that can be connected to a server at a time? Not that we'll reach this limit, but just for curiosity's sake and future reference. :geek:

Hey @Scott Kelly,

You really don't have to worry... if you want we can go out for some laps together. i would give you my setup and help you getting used to the cars and the track ;) maybe you feel a bid more comfortable after that ;)
Just tell me when you are able to do some laps and i'll try to be there ;)

Hi @John_LA,

Welcome to RaceDepartment! :D
Before we can add you to the sign-up list you must apply for your free license first. You can get this by clicking here. :thumbsup: We will then add you to the list once your application has been granted.

I'm in two minds, I love the 911 GT3 and its challenges.
I took it for Monza as i find that track a bit dull in a sports car and wanted the extra challenge.
But I can seriously imagine the flat six engine wanting to overtake me somewhere in the corkscrew.
and the hit box issue
Hmmmm..

That is a good point! Forgot that joining as a spectator doesn't affect the number of available spaces on the grid. Thanks Simon. However, what it is the maximum number of people that can be connected to a server at a time? Not that we'll reach this limit, but just for curiosity's sake and future reference. :geek:

Here i can only say what u surly imagine. Depending on the server bandwidth and the settings in the plr :cool:

Ah, thanks everyone. I will try to get some more practice in before the event. I have something to do for college so I won't be on for a day or two. That would be great Daiman, I'm feeling the most comfortable in the Lamborghini so if you have a setup for that I will try it. Thanks Ricardo that would also be great :p I will reply to the thread next time I'm free to practice :). Thanks Lou ;)

Update: Porsche removed due to collision bug

We removed the Porsche from the grid until the new BES version is released, as the risk for an accident would be too high

If the 997 was your vehicle of choice, you should still have enough time to try out the other cars :)

Ah, thanks everyone. I will try to get some more practice in before the event. I have something to do for college so I won't be on for a day or two. That would be great Daiman, I'm feeling the most comfortable in the Lamborghini so if you have a setup for that I will try it. Thanks Ricardo that would also be great :p I will reply to the thread next time I'm free to practice :). Thanks Lou ;)

Karl-Pilkington-Bullshit.jpg

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 93 7.7%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 128 10.6%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 173 14.3%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 341 28.2%
  • 100% offline racing