rF2 GT3 Club @ Laguna Seca - Sat 19th April

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
good question... i downloaded paint.net because apperently the gimp dds converter is flawed on W7 and i couldn't get them right.... but i couldn't find anything, anywhere on wich dds setting to use in paint.net for rfactor2, except for use DXT5 interpolated alpha....wich, yeah, don't work either.... having faffed about in paint for an hour trying all sorts of dxt settings and it still not working, i went back to gimp and am currently bodging it, with great succes i might add :)

Maybe Petra can elaborate, i found paint abit to basic anyways, having used gimp for years, so i uninstalled it already...

Cheers, I'll give GIMP another try, just been used to PAINT as it's the first one I tried.

Cheers, I'll give GIMP another try, just been used to PAINT as it's the first one I tried.
Beware that GIMP won't save the dds correctly via the normal way, as i mentioned, you'll have to bodge it, here's what you wanna do:
-make your skin
-select basepaint layer
-copy and paste as new image (b)
-set opacity (image b) to between 10-25% (experiment abit with what you like best)
-there is a box you can tick next to the opacity slider, to fix the alpha on the the layer, tick it on
-flatten your .psd or .xcf so you have one layer and copy it
-now copy your flattened layer onto image b so that it shows up as a floating selection in the layers menu
-select it in the layer window, right click and "anchor layer"
-you'll now see but 1 layer, select it, right click it and select to merge all visible layers
-a pop will appear giving you 3 option, pick bottom one that says something like cut to bottom layer (my gimp isn't in English so i can't be mo precise)
-save as DDS , BC3/DXT5 and tick on the mip map option

Hi guys, next update was almost released, but we found an issue with the hard tyre compound, so we have to rebuild the .tgm. Sorr for the delay. Meantime, all known bugs were fixed, plus all cars received major maps updates, so no more milky windows etc :) Also, i reworked the material naming and loading, so it should significantly ease the load. Stay tuned.
Sounds really nice! can't wait for that! ;)

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back