AC GT3 @ Circuit de Catalunya - Saturday 10th October 2015

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
@Chris Stacey I was more talking about qualifying. I think it was my first time outqualifying you when we were both in the same car.

@kedy89 I was already out of sorts from earlier contact, there is really nothing you could do and would never have blamed you at all. Also red arrows a quick search says this:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\assettocorsa\system\cfg
Open, proximity_indicator.ini
Change HIDE=0 to HIDE=1
I don't think there is a way to enable the lap times though.

@Oscar Hardwick although I totally braked too late, that collision should never have been as violent as it was based on my POV. I don't really think I realized that you also had a pretty high ping. I went back and looked the video I was recording, I had 280 ping, and on the back straight there, your ping moved from 350 to 365. Although it looked to me you braked around the 75m mark, it is likely you probably braked earlier, and I only saw it late becauseof the netcode. (I normally would have braked just a tad before the 100m mark).

I'm pretty sure that the netcode was a big factor in your earlier accident since both you and Matheus had ~350 pings. Unfortunately until they improve the netcode, high ping players need to stay away from each other.

I think I am going all in on Aussie sports today. I am watching a stream of the AUS/Wales match and AUS just had an epic defense being two men down...keeping the ball up on two try attempts...and then they almost came down and had a try themselves being one man down. I'm also going to try to find a stream of the Bathurst 1000 later on.

Thanks for the race guys! Loving this car + track :thumbsup: & I wish there were more laps tbh :p Also really enjoyed battling the back markers :)

Untitled-2_zps8msdzbcz.jpg~original
Who did you sell your skin to sun :)

Great fun catching (almost) everybody in the McLaren through the corners only to lose time on the straights even if I was tucked in right on somebody's gearbox. Hard and wonderful decision to have to make exactly what you should do with 5km/h or more advantage on the edge of adhesion in a long radius corner!

Weirdly though I found this race became more frustrating the more enjoyable it became. The problem was that whenever the racing got really close the warping and pinging made it unpredictable to strenously attack/defend - might have just been the high-ping ppl around me but I would really like to be able to attribute that to me rather than AC itself. As a result had a 'racing incident' with Grzegorz at turn 2. Couldn't say for sure if this was my fault, his fault, or netcode. I thought I was well up the inside, maybe level with his front axle, when he turned in on me. He came off second best but I was left feeling like a Grosjean uncertain about my spatial awareness.

The most satisfying part of the race was chasing down @Matt Bailey and @Casper and riding the train until I took too much curve at turn 11 and dropped 3 positions in one hit. Next lap got in a very undefensive position and was pushed wide and dropped more positions. Then all out of rhythm and had my very own solo adventure across the gravel at the final corner. To top it all off the pit app didn't work as hoped and I still didn't get the fuel right. Correction, I probably did get the fuel right and would not have run out of fuel because I only completed 24 laps by the time the winners crossed the line but I splashed and dashed on lap 23 on the assumption of completing 25 laps. Must factor that in next time!

Didn't have a chance to do more than about 20 laps practice including quali, but the car seemed to behave quite differently since the update. Curbs were a lot more dangerous for one. The main difference in handling I noticed was being able to throw the car almost wildly into some corners - particularly the final 2 - inducing heavy off throttle oversteer and then being able to plant the accelerator to straighten things up again. Lots of fun there. Not sure if related but tire noises seemed a lot louder than pre-update and I thought I was ruining them on every corner... they seemed to hold up no problem at the end of stints but.

Where are we going next week?

What a race, a little bit uneventful for me, I was either carrying too much ballast which stopped me keeping up with the 2 aliens or not enough ballast which saw me pull away front the pack.
I really enjoyed the new tire model even if it did make it more unpredictable with the heat factor.
Was so good to see so many on the grid and great to see some old faces back in the mix and some new ones. All in all I will take a podium finish even if I did have a faster car:)

Cheers to @Chris Stacey for the event. You heat and grip Nazi.

With the tire noise tom, by default its was too loud. Turn tyres down to .4 and the other slider to 50%
Actually Tony I've been doing some reading around and it would appear that the second slider does the opposite.

So the higher % = the more slippage required to squeal the tires, so lower percentages mean that the tires will squeal more easily.

J
Actually Tony I've been doing some reading around and it would appear that the second slider does the opposite.

So the higher % = the more slippage required to squeal the tires, so lower percentages mean that the tires will squeal more easily.

Ah good to know I will check that out but makes sense

Last edited:
Not too sure if it was the ballast, the track temp, poor driving or all of the above but I couldn't really get a handle on the car. I had a terrible qualifying which put me down in 19th with a 1:48 something. My personal best before the race was a 1:45.4 so I was way off!

The race however was a whole lot better. Still didn't drive much better I don't think but I had a nice consistent pace. With all the dramas at the start and a few spins and incidents around me I managed to pull the car home in 8th, so I was pretty happy about that.

I think the start issues were all about lag. I was behind and to the left of @Jimlaad43 and both times he warped into the middle of the track which caused mayhem. Also didn't help that @elloLeo Kinnunen had the start bug of not seeing the start lights and had slow get-aways as a result. Obviously the netcode has still got a long way to go to becoming good enough to have high pings mixed in with the low ones which is a real shame :O_o:

Not too sure if it was the ballast, the track temp, poor driving or all of the above but I couldn't really get a handle on the car. I had a terrible qualifying which put me down in 19th with a 1:48 something. My personal best before the race was a 1:45.4 so I was way off!

The race however was a whole lot better. Still didn't drive much better I don't think but I had a nice consistent pace. With all the dramas at the start and a few spins and incidents around me I managed to pull the car home in 8th, so I was pretty happy about that.

I think the start issues were all about lag. I was behind and to the left of @Jimlaad43 and both times he warped into the middle of the track which caused mayhem. Also didn't help that @elloLeo Kinnunen had the start bug of not seeing the start lights and had slow get-aways as a result. Obviously the netcode has still got a long way to go to becoming good enough to have high pings mixed in with the low ones which is a real shame :O_o:

Yeah definitely a lag issue, i was at the very back and saw Edward i think, twice take off straight then dive to the left taking out multiple cars.

Weird, just checked out Stracker and it says my best race lap is about 0.7-0.8 seconds higher than what happened in the race??
Any ideas?

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back