AC GT3 @ Circuit de Catalunya - Saturday 10th October 2015

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
Sign me up with an Audi.

Crossing my fingers....may have figured something out (something stupid that I am kicking myself about).

That was almost enjoyable. I think my being tapped round in T1/2 wasn't really a big issue but that is the second time in succession in the AC club where I have been completely smashed from behind.

Shame as I was looking forward to doing that race. I'll give it another few tries but it's seriously silly stuff that causes a few of these incidents. Stuff you can't really blame the netcode for.

Last edited:
That was almost enjoyable. I think my being tapped round in T1/2 wasn't really a big issue but that is the second time in succession in the AC club where I have been completely smashed from behind.

Shame as I was looking forward to doing that race. I'll give it another few tries but it's seriously silly stuff that causes a few of these incidents. Stuff you can't really blame the netcode for.
I did brake for you there man, and I can upload a video file showing I didn't touch you.
Anyway I'll be staying off races for a little bit until I can sort out the new physics.

Caught in both restarted race accidents. Managed to avoid the ones in attempt 3 and settled into 8th. Had a good few corners side-by-side with @kedy89 before settling down. Defended well in the first few laps and kept it going nicely. Contact with a spun Glick damaged the aero which ruined the car until the pitstops. After them, I had a great time trying to hold off the Lambo's. @Matt Bailey got past me, but I slid up the inside of turn 7 and was oh so close for the next few laps.
Not happy with @Jack, tapping me through turn 4 so I got a slide before passing me into turn 5 and driving off.

I can attack and defend well and fairly, but a lack of pace is my downfall.

Shame about the incidents at the start. It's really not hard guys, just stay on your line, and be careful not to rear-end or hit the guy ahead of you.

Anyway, I think by in large that was an awesome race! The new content is fantastic and the new tyre model really adds a new element of strategy to the racing. It really is a shame about the start because after that the racing was utterly fantastic!

Was good fun, had lots of battles through out the race. I'm pleased that my first club race in ages with my rig went relatively smoothly and I brought the car home without damage. :thumbsup:

Apologies to @Oscar Hardwick. It was all my fault. I honestly was trying to be cautious, but I got caught up with watching you and totally blew my braking point. For some stupid reason, I was waiting for you to brake but the braking point for the Maclaren and Audi are way too different. Don't give up because of stupidity of my part. The Aussie guys are a blast to race with and this tuff doesn't usually happen.

After the lap one stuff, I went for a few laps to see how it felt. But ended up pitting for repairs. Why not, I was in last anyways. Thought the huge undercut would help me get back into the pack, but that didn't work.

Was absolutely thrilled to qualify 8th though. What happened @Chris Stacey? :)

It's all good Fred, a 5am start for you is just insane so kudos to you for even showing up! :) It's just something that comes with more experience really, so the more club races we do the better it'll get.

I think we should give outselves a break however. It's been 1 day since the patch with a new tire model and completely different heating characteristics. Combine that with the largest grid we've had since the USCC race and a new track that most of us don't have much experience with.

I got caught up in the coming together between you and Jack at T1 @Fred Locklear. :)
All good, I think this week really was an exception.

Thanks @Chris Stacey and @Sniper for the race. Had a great time. First time I have been given a ballast. Didn't have a chance to quali properly, only did 1 lap and started 23rd. Pretty happy to get through the start and drive a clean race slowly improving my speed and getting up to Chris on his old rubber since I only pitted after lap 16 then a school boy error on the second last lap and back to 16th. Nearly cracked a 45 so was a good learning event for me having not had much practice.
Congrats to @Jack on his pace. Scared me off the track it seems when you were flying up behind me!!!
Good to see @Matt Bailey and @Justin back.
Welcome to all the new guys too. Great to have a big grid. Keep on coming:thumbsup:

Bloody awesome :D

Starts were a bit of a mess, half players fault half netcode probably. Think I caused the first mayhem as the car in front just teleported like crazy, no idea who it was. Second one went better for me, but when seeing the pileup on the s/f-straight in my mirrors I knew we were up for a third.

Start was fine then, apologies @Fred Locklear for bumping in your back in turn 1/2, but you just shot straight in my line, I had nowhere left to go really. Some nice side-by-side action with @Jimlaad43 until I got the upper hand towards turn 6. After that following @Tobias Röhner, @petsku67 and @Michael Stead until they all crashed in turn 4, allowing me to slip past :laugh:. Couldn't keep up with Tony ahead of me though. After my stop I had Michael right in my back, but somehow managed to keep him behind. More than happy with 4th in the end.

1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg

Two questions that came to my mind during the race
- How can I turn off the red arrows indicating the positions of cars around me? Find them more irritating than helpful. Know I didn't have them before reinstalling AC a few weeks ago.
- Is there a way to turn on the laptimes of drivers at the top of the screen? Miss them since the 1.3 update, found them useful to get an idea whether the gaps to cars infront/behind are increasing or decreasing. Or alternatively if someone can recommend a app showing gaps/positions/laps without taking too much space on the screen.

Apologies to @Oscar Hardwick. It was all my fault. I honestly was trying to be cautious, but I got caught up with watching you and totally blew my braking point. For some stupid reason, I was waiting for you to brake but the braking point for the Maclaren and Audi are way too different.

You're all good man. I was just frustrated as hell after putting the McNospeed at the front and getting shoddy luck on the final restart. This stuff happens and better to get it out of your system now as opposed to in a league. I'll be back and trying to bother the fast blokes in the Lamborghinis very soon. :)

You're all good man. I was just frustrated as hell after putting the McNospeed at the front and getting shoddy luck on the final restart. This stuff happens and better to get it out of your system now as opposed to in a league. I'll be back and trying to bother the fast blokes in the Lamborghinis very soon. :)
Hopefully around the Nordschleife

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 351 15.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 244 10.8%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 241 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 177 7.9%
  • < 5 years