AC GT3 @ Circuit de Catalunya - Saturday 10th October 2015

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
OK guys I'm back in. :D

There's been a discovery in the ini files for a direct workaround for G920 owners with the issue I described. Didn't think to check as it wasn't mentioned in the changelog. Disables dampening effects completely which means I don't have the heavy wheel standstill effect, but outside of that everything is working OK!

Got to sign out, won't be home tomorrow morning. Might work with pre-book, as I should be back during quali, but I can't guarantee it.

I think those driving the Huracan may need something like a 30-50kg ballast as its just way too fast. Totally dominates every other car ATM. I don't want to dissuade people from using it, but I also don't want others to simply get left behind through no fault of their own.

I think 30-50kg may be a good amount now with the new tyre model being far more sensitive to added weight. Hopefully should bring it back in line with the rest.

Can I put myself down as a late maybe?

I won't be able to make it for booking and quali, but if there's a spare McLaren going around I'd take it. Wouldn't even complain if you put a honda f1 engine in it...

Also MotoGP config so much happier! If only I could break the habit of driving toward the stupid chicane detour.

Can I put myself down as a late maybe?

I won't be able to make it for booking and quali, but if there's a spare McLaren going around I'd take it. Wouldn't even complain if you put a honda f1 engine in it...

Also MotoGP config so much happier! If only I could break the habit of driving toward the stupid chicane detour.
I can pre book you mate. :)

OK guys I'm back in. :D

There's been a discovery in the ini files for a direct workaround for G920 owners with the issue I described. Didn't think to check as it wasn't mentioned in the changelog. Disables dampening effects completely which means I don't have the heavy wheel standstill effect, but outside of that everything is working OK!
Can you share it? Might get rid of excessive damping I'm having after 1.3

I think it's this
[FF_EXPERIMENTAL]
ENABLE_GYRO=0
DAMPER_MIN_LEVEL=0.0
DAMPER_GAIN=1.0 ; Set to 0 for Logitech g920
in "../assetto corsa/system/cfg/assetto_corsa.ini"

Edit:
Also at the end of this file is possibility to enable soft locks.

I think those driving the Huracan may need something like a 30-50kg ballast as its just way too fast. Totally dominates every other car ATM. I don't want to dissuade people from using it, but I also don't want others to simply get left behind through no fault of their own.

I think 30-50kg may be a good amount now with the new tyre model being far more sensitive to added weight. Hopefully should bring it back in line with the rest.
I was going to go with the huracan but if it's that far out then ive definitely got no issues with either 50kg ballast. Otherwise ill just go with the Audi. No dramas either way :)

I was going to go with the huracan but if it's that far out then ive definitely got no issues with either 50kg ballast. Otherwise ill just go with the Audi. No dramas either way :)
For the Huracan we're planning on allocating the ballast per the skill of the driver. So Sun and Cristian Haba are both crazy quick, and as far as I know will both be driving it, so they'll both be taking at least 100kg.

The mere mortals will take less than 100kg, probably between 30-60kg.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 559 17.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 379 11.8%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 341 10.6%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 243 7.6%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 390 12.1%