AC GT3 @ Brands Hatch - Saturday 3rd October 2015

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
Ohhh, that sucks man!
Umm yeah well, next week you'll be back to normal as most of Aus goes to daylight savings.

Race Results: http://simresults.net/151003-X4V

Great fun lads! Shame about the warm up lap issues. Chin up @Jack, I hope you're not too discouraged mate. Perhaps we should scrap them for the time being?

Had an awesome battle with @Jeremy Talbot, had to go aggressive on the pit strategy by boxing first, but the tyres were starting to go off towards the end of the race. Last lap was so close! But that double overtake on @elloLeo Kinnunen into Turn 1 was just mental! Very clean driving :)

Screenshot_bmw_z4_gt3_brands-hatch_3-10-115-20-32-12.jpg

Screenshot_bmw_z4_gt3_brands-hatch_3-10-115-20-33-17.jpg

Screenshot_bmw_z4_gt3_brands-hatch_3-10-115-20-34-29.jpg

Cheers for the race guys :)

Quali time wasn't that good, half a second off of my fastest lap in race. Race didn't start that well, lost a position to @Jimlaad43 in the first corner. Then the lap 4 incident in turn 4 when @Casper spun, hit the brakes to slow down and got hit from behind. Didn't see any contact in the replay though, so I guess either lag or my high ping causing this. Damaged rear, but it didn't affect my laptimes as much as I had thought it would. Dropped to 13th, but due to pitstops/other spinning was in 9th at the end of the lap.
Chasing @Sniper then, until he spun in the second last corner. Got past @elloLeo Kinnunen a couple of laps later when he did the same, just before my stop. Trying to close the gap to the guys ahead then, but only got it down from 12s to 4s in the end.

1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg

1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg
4.jpg
That was a cool combo to race with :) probably my most consistent race to date with only running wide once.

I had a great battle @Chris Stacey through the early laps including a Schumacher/ hakkinen pass on Tom :D. But once he pitted on lap 12 I think I slipped a little as when I came out of the pits he was around 3 seconds or so ahead and was getting further away.

Then @Matheus Machado and I were basically around 3 seconds from each other for the rest of the race with neither gaining or losing time on each other :)

Finally Chris's tires started to fall off and I managed to put in some great laps. Just couldn't quite get him though with the gap between us at the end under a second.

Felt like a really intense race, extremely happy with a 3rd place!

Last edited:
Totally amateur race from me going only backwards for 30 laps. Unexpectedly high quali, then wayyyy too much fuel, then multiple lapses of concentration/confidence/adhesion.

One glimmer of hope after @Chris Stacey and @Jeremy Talbot unceremoniously dacked me three wide into turn 1... they started fighting each other too much the next laps and I caught back up a little. Jeremy oversteered heavily out of turn 3 and I got a run on him towards 4... but completely missed my braking point and almost ran him off the track. It only got worse from there... Didn't realise how close I was to taking you out too @kedy89 !

Hope we can return to Brands before too long so I can try again. :O_o:

One glimmer of hope after @Chris Stacey and @Jeremy Talbot unceremoniously dacked me three wide into turn 1... they started fighting each other too much the next laps and I caught back up a little. Jeremy oversteered heavily out of turn 3 and I got a run on him towards 4... but completely missed my braking point and almost ran him off the track.

I totally forgot about that, ended up being a close one!! Hahaha

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 105 7.9%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 139 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 193 14.4%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 378 28.3%
  • 100% offline racing