AC GT3 @ Brands Hatch - Sat 02.08.14

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
Good fight, Pavel! No probs on the contact.

I did notice that half the field quit over the course of the race, reasons?
lag
stutter
low fps
incidents
tyres / fuel gone?

Because of lag, incidents and basically an unfinished sim (I know.......that's why it's labelled Alpha mode.!) I'm bowing out of Assetta for now. :unsure:
Work is busy, with the time I have available, I want to be able to relax and have fun. While 'racing incidents' will/do happen, these 'other' incidents are having the opposite effect and leaving me frustrated etc. :( So good luck to all progressing with this sim, (I know it will end up a great sim) . :thumbsup:

I did get held up a little bit I think, I did flash my lights. But I was pretty sure the person in front was not in TS, but I eventually got round. Hopefully this is where the racing lessons come in handy for some.. :)

I also found hard to pass lapped cars. It gives me the impresion they think you are actually fighting for position. It is not the first time this happened to me on our RaceDepartment races. I am not angry or complaining, just noticing this as something that is kind getting common. AC is far from perfect and there is no tool to show or highlight if the car at your back is laps ahead of you or not. Teamspeak would come as the perfect solution to notify drivers about this, problem is that there were like 5 of us on it. I though the registry on the teamspeak server was mandatory.

Besides all above, I will continue to participate on RaceDepartment races. I think they are great, well organized and most of the people that participate are clean drivers. I will continue to drive AC. Even still not a finished product, and all imperfections it may have, at least for me is the best driving experience I had on any simulator I had driven before.

Thanks for host and see you next time.

@Gary Lennon you have some explaining to do... :devilish:

Oh dear... what have I done now?, although I have very little recollection of last night at all my guess is AC put my car on the starting grid despite the fact I was unconscious at the time and it caused some trouble.
My explanation for you Cayd sir is that I have been a bit unwell lately and have some weird and wonderful new meds that literally knock me every angle of sideways, I remember waking up around 1:00am'ish extremely dazed and confused looking at the AC menu screen.
Obviously I am a bit pissed off with myself for allowing this to happen, I thought I would be ok to race.

Massive apologies to everyone affected.

As I predicted - modding will ruin this nice game for me. While all modders wanna be the first to release some car or track - game fills with low quality content. This brand hatch convention is so far from something real and looks so ugly... This 2 meter bumps in the outer apexes, in some corners - just makes me so angry. As to me - I'll be checking track/car combo that contains mods, twice before signing to race.

As I predicted - modding will ruin this nice game for me......

I agree it doesent look super nice , but, atleast for me it looks good enough for racing on it. Dont really know what makes you so ''angry'' about it... We all have been playing rFactor, and lots of us still are , there u can found some very badly looking pieces and still we are playing it cuz we love simracing.

I think it will be fine, its just the staff's choice to pick the right ones. I think they need to take into account some peoples pc's struggle...

I think it will be fine, its just the staff's choice to pick the right ones. I think they need to take into account some peoples pc's struggle...
Yes we do, like I said some previous time: we always test a combination before posting events for it - sometimes for several hours. I perticularly host a lot of mod tracks recently and I do pay heed to the low and mean fps on these tracks. That's why I gave you guys tips to improve your framerate before the event.

I think the track selection was OK. I had my worries related to fps performance, but the staff provide options to fix it, in my case. About the bumps, I think they are OK. Don't expect all tracks to be smooth like a pool table. Drivers deal with them, so we should do.

I agree that there may be tracks that does not match the default quality from AC. They will eventually come. I welcome new tracks, but off course only if they match certain quality level. The RD staff did and will take care of that.

ok fair enough @Gary Lennon but should you be playing a racing sim in that condition?

Hindsight would suggest not, this being unwell and meds etc. is a new gig for me and I felt fine when I entered the server then must have just slumped in my chair passed out with a lovely stream of drool running down my chin.
Not trying to make light of what I caused, but......surely a quick "Vote-Kick" then a restart would have made it like this all never happened?, hopefully AC implements it so you actually have to click a Race or Go To Grid button to remove this even being possible, I have experienced this same thing in a couple of public races and its not impressive...

Once again, sorry.

Hindsight would suggest not, this being unwell and meds etc. is a new gig for me and I felt fine when I entered the server then must have just slumped in my chair passed out with a lovely stream of drool running down my chin.
Not trying to make light of what I caused, but......surely a quick "Vote-Kick" then a restart would have made it like this all never happened?, hopefully AC implements it so you actually have to click a Race or Go To Grid button to remove this even being possible, I have experienced this same thing in a couple of public races and its not impressive...

Once again, sorry.
I'll see about the voting process - I actually didn't think of it. There are several issues to adress, before going for it, tho.
At this point of AC development, server admins can't actually restart a session by hand. One option would be to go and shut down the server, restart it only with the Race session and 5-10 min booking time for people to get onboard and all Qualifying times would be erased. So I don't see that as a viable option right now.

I did not finish race cause I forgot to put up enough fuel after qualy.
Even if you press "Back to Pit" button on starting grid you do not get back to grid :(
For me track was great, not a single problem no FPS issues at all, even with all cars.
I was only worried if I would lag for others, my upload can be shitty sometimes.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 77 7.3%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 112 10.6%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 153 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 289 27.4%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 419 39.8%