• Goodbye Dan Gurney, and thanks for the memories...
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Follow RaceDepartment also on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Twitch, Steam and / or YouTube.

EU GT3 @ Brands Hatch GP - Tue 31Oct17

Discussion in 'Project CARS 2 Racing Club' started by Dennis, Oct 24, 2017.

Added to Calendar: 31-10-17
  1. Mathias Nielsen

Mathias Nielsen
    Premium

Ratings:
    +294
    atleast i made in into t3 this time... GL HF. done with this for now.

2. Smokeysworld

Smokeysworld
    It's not a Rover, it's an MG! Premium

Ratings:
    +32
    Apologies for disappearing. Sitting pretty in 6th until my vive decides to have a 2 second blank out giving me enough time to see the wall before writing the car off.

3. Smokeysworld

Smokeysworld

Ratings:
    +32
    I managed to avoid that 3 car collision, looked nasty.

4. ionONE1

ionONE1
    Premium

Ratings:
    +444
    Weird performance issues remain. Practice/Rain i instantly drive out of the pits: i do 2 laps, 3. lap is a lot slower. (3 sec behind leader)
    I go to the pits, run again with the same setup = 3 sec faster (still rain)

Race 1: basically 1+ sec faster than everyone else, able to hit 24.3 without a problem (dont wanna win like this dq)
    Race 2: rain, unable to follow 3. place, 2 sec off the pace vs leader.

Last edited: Oct 31, 2017
    • Wow Wow x 1
  5. Rivvern

Rivvern
    www.MasterArms.se Premium

Ratings:
    +61
    The races was awesome! Very immersive in VR. The cars handles great. Still need to learn how to set it up properly.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Bruno Hands

Bruno Hands
    Premium

Ratings:
    +7
    Really enjoyed the race haven't had this much fun for a very long time, reminded me of the awesome races on gtr2.
    Looking forward for the next one. :)

• Like Like x 1
  7. Smokeysworld

Smokeysworld

Ratings:
    +32
    The other issue I have with The VR is the HUD. When I start, the HUD details I've chosen (rev counter, leaderboard etc) is floating in front of my face and is difficult to focus on and read. If I go in to customise HUD and just move something a fraction (even move and put back in place) then save, it sits much further back in a more natural and obvious place.
    Combine that with the weird no rain/wet track/recommended hard tyres combination during practice and my Vive deciding to blank out and ruin my race, not the best experience I've had to date. More annoying since I spent a good bit of time trying to be a little more competitive for this one.

8. Rivvern

Rivvern
    www.MasterArms.se Premium

Ratings:
    +61
    Smokeysworld. I actually like the hud to be closer. So i dont bother customizing it.

9. Smokeysworld

Smokeysworld

Ratings:
    +32
    Sadly it gives me a headache as it's tiny and I have to unfocus to read it. Feels much nicer further away. But it isn't an option, it just goes there unless I play about with it