AC GT3 @ Brands Hatch - Friday May 5th 2017

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
I'd say what helps is to stick to one car and run thousands of miles in it beginning with your favorite track until you start understanding the car's handling and then slowly expanding to other places. Setup tutorials are also useful to give you an idea what to adjust and how it affects the car balance, but sometimes they contradict each other, and I'd avoid WR hotlap setups. Those tend to be very unstable, so you might run one very lucky fast lap out of a hundred and be all over the place in the rest 99. OK for hotlaps where you have unlimited attempts, but not so good for a race. And also people's driving styles are so different that what works for one won't do it for another.
You're welcome, @Tobiman, and happy birthday to you. That must have been one lonely race though, easy to lose your focus in

Thanks for a great race guys!
Also thanks to Tobi and Dmitry for the good advice, much appreciated!

I am sorry Andrew I destroyed your race with that tap at T1 - it really was just a little touch when I realized that there will not be enough space to fit all those cars through the turn and still make it through myself.

After that I only focussed on catching Keith and watching that nice battle between Bobby and a BMW Z4 driver swapping positions back and fore.
It worked out pretty well, staying out of trouble, not spinning until that yellow unstoppable freight train with Dmitry's name on it just sliced through the field like a hot knife through butter. That completely left me speechless and wrecked my concentration, hence a few mistakes later Keith was back up front :-(

Nice racing you Keith ;-)

That was a fun one.. Made a mistake early on and then again on overheated tires...still managed 5th somehow. Hope to make it for another one soon.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back