AC GT3 @ Barcelona Moto - Friday May 12th 2017

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
Entry list is updated and Andrew, welcome to AC tyre heating logics.

Adjust your car to build heat on the front, do changes on your suspension, it should help at the cost of some tyre wear.
I don't think you can really do much to significantly increase (or decrease) tire temps in AC. At least I've never been able to. You can play with pressures as they affect the temperatures somewhat, but the gains from that usually are negated by losing grip from running in sub-optimal tire pressure range. I usually just pick whatever tire compound works for the given temperature. If softs work good and don't overheat you should be able to do 40 minutes on them if you're careful and take it easy, though the last few minutes are still going to be tricky. Folks who ran them at Spa can confirm that.

Gonna have to pull out. Seems as though someone got the weekend started early and crashed their car into a pole down the road. Drunk driving's bad mmmmkay.

Hey guys, I have a quick question. How do I find the racedepartment servers in assetto corsa? This is my first time doing a sim race outside of Porsche Cars North America so im just trying to figure things out. Thanks!

Hey guys, I have a quick question. How do I find the racedepartment servers in assetto corsa? This is my first time doing a sim race outside of Porsche Cars North America so im just trying to figure things out. Thanks!
I'll let know once the server is up, but you need the DLC filter ON and locked password filter ON on your game before searching for our server.

I don't think you can really do much to significantly increase (or decrease) tire temps in AC. At least I've never been able to. You can play with pressures as they affect the temperatures somewhat, but the gains from that usually are negated by losing grip from running in sub-optimal tire pressure range. I usually just pick whatever tire compound works for the given temperature. If softs work good and don't overheat you should be able to do 40 minutes on them if you're careful and take it easy, though the last few minutes are still going to be tricky. Folks who ran them at Spa can confirm that.
Thanks Demetri, Ive been scratching my head regards the V10 tyre model for some time, the difference heat ratio between soft med & hard is crazy, just because its medium compound shouldn't make it harder to warm up, and in real life tyre pressure is king when it comes to tyre temp control, so I don't understand why Kunos hasn't fixed this major issue/flaw. The mind boggles:cautious::speechless::rolleyes::whistling:

Brandon, go in Assetto Corsa to Online and make sure that the filters are set to show all servers.
Refresh the server list.
Then type in the search bar "racedepartment" - now all RD servers which are online are displayed.
You want to join the US server.

It is not updated yet to todays event and still shows last weeks track (Brands Hatch GP).

Tired the Lambo..won't be doing that again lol.
Had a great start and then lost it twice, getting a 40 sec penalty.
Not my best outing but good fun guys.

Thx for the race. @TinoM, it was a bit tight going into the first corner on the first lap. Had no where to go and it looks like you bounced off me. Also, I was a bit aggresive with @demetri. Hope I didn't go too far?
Johnny and I!
lbMyFPwOceBWwbFAWEb0pWVKGjVrjaLi73DHT_YCqoY%2CezbKSOEh8RuhzUwbq8--etqAl75dYz22mMC6Eudg-3E

pretty fun race, i just got a new wheel and i was out simracing for several weeks so im very rusty. managed p5 in quali then spun a couple times in race, that lambo really betrays you without notice.
thanks for the race :)

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back