rF2 GT3 @ Autumn Ring - Friday December 2nd 2011

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
gt3headerqzjyza.png

Server name: RACEDEPT.COM GT3
Mod: Apex GT3 + Patch (Download Mod First)
Track: Autumn Ring

20:00 GMT: Practice
20:20 GMT: Qualification
20:30 GMT: Warm-up
20:35 GMT: Race (2 X 20 Minutes, Standing Start)

Notes
  • All cars will be allowed, it is a free choice of car.
  • Chatting of any kind during Qualifying and the Race is strictly prohibited. There is no need to say sorry/thanks/pitting/leaving pits/etc. Anything that needs to be said can wait until after the session.
  • Licensed Members are encouraged to share images, videos and race reports in this thread.
  • If you feel you were wronged in any way during an event and wish to report the incident, simply send the event organiser a private message. Please include a description of the incident along with a video. If you are unable to create a video, please include details such as who was involved and where the incident happened with a timestamp. Do not post reports/accusations in the thread itself - negativity and anger gets us nowhere.
Please leave a message in the thread if you wish to race.

Server password: click here

Sign-up list:
  1. - Brian Hodgins
  2. - David Miller
  3. - Marcus Dillion
  4. -
  5. -
  6. -
  7. -
  8. -
  9. -
  10. -

Well despite only 4 cars turning up, we had some great racing tonight.

R1: got pole with a 1.17.5, bit slower then my PB of the night of a 1.16.8.
Got a great start and lead out of the first turn, had Marcus and brian chasing me for most of the race until they had both fallen away by the 5 mins to go mark. From there I was able to cruise home and took my first win on Race Department

R2: Didn't go out in Qually, due to winning R1

Got another great start of of P3 and again was 1st out of T1, once again I had Marcus and Brian right on my tail, this time Marcus was able to get by with a good move into T1, whle trying to regain the place I pushed a bit too hard and cooked the rear tires, which lead to a spin or two, in the end came home 4th and last. From one extreme to the other.....

It's a great mod for online racing, the cars are quite easy to get into, and are great fun to drive, Be even better if we can get more people to join in

I disagree that the cars are easy to get into. I think someone who's inexperienced may have trouble keeping the tires at a good operating temperature, but I'm confident RD's got lots of people who are able. It makes for some extremely technical driving during sprint races like this, and anyone who isn't present is missing out on something great. :)

I thoroughly enjoyed both races. And funnily enough, in R1, I fell back when I overcooked my tires chasing David. Funny how these things happen. :p Ah well, thanks for some great races! :)

Lots of fun for sure :)

I watched the replay of that first race, and it seems that I nudged you on that last overtake Valerio, so the last podium spot really should be yours there. Sorry about that! Great defending though; every time I thought I saw a hole opening up, you were on it.

This track is really tough on the tires, and pushing hard will turn them into hot goo very quickly as we discovered.

That's true, although what I found more terrifying was some curbs in sector 1 which can easily send you up onto 2 wheels, and bumps in sector 3 which send you airborne. That was certainly a laugh. :)

I think the tire troubles are more down to the track then the cars, I did a 50 mins race at silverstone a few weeks ago using a joypad and the Aston with only 1 hour driving the mod before race start, tires held out just fine and though I was a bit of the pace, I found the car really fogiving and enjoyable to drive after some very minor setup tweaks

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back