AC GT3/2 @ Barcelona Moto - Tuesday 3rd November 2015

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
Another waste of time, not happy at all! What's the point of practicing, 70 laps and my car is wrecked on first lap! Car stuck in the middle of the track first Lap and I got nowhere to go, T boned him, car damaged, windscreen smashed.
70 Laps guys, why are some drivers crazy on the first few laps, peed off :mad:
Was looking forward to this too.... :(

When I rejoined the race after getting a black screen I raced a couple of laps (3/4 laps behind the leaders) and all of a sudden I got a black flag?Didn't do anything wrong in my opinion! Nevertheless, hoping for more future races with this length! :)

Another waste of time, not happy at all! What's the point of practicing, 70 laps and my car is wrecked on first lap! Car stuck in the middle of the track first Lap and I got nowhere to go, T boned him, car damaged, windscreen smashed.

That would have been me. Went wide on first, thought I won´t risk it, left the track and BAM a penalty. I totally freaked out having never seen one before and went for the brake. I am sorry.

When I rejoined the race after getting a black screen I raced a couple of laps (3/4 laps behind the leaders) and all of a sudden I got a black flag?Didn't do anything wrong in my opinion! Nevertheless, hoping for more future races with this length! :)
Martin, my fault! I thought I had turned penaltys off! sorry

That would have been me. Went wide on first, thought I won´t risk it, left the track and BAM a penalty. I totally freaked out having never seen one before and went for the brake. I am sorry.
Yeah, no worries, just peed off at the time, love endurance racing, just having some :poop: luck lately.
And @Si yeah, well organised yet again, top notch :notworthy:

I discovered some things :

1. One pit stop strategy was a no-go.:rolleyes:
2. Mediums tyres , went over the cliff at 49 lap.:thumbsdown:
3. If you go too fast in pit entry, you will crash. :whistling:
4. Soft tyres last only 10 laps.
5. @Rami is crazy fast. :thumbsup:
6. My ass pains after +2 hours:geek:

Thank you.

Great fun indeed!

Managed to stay out of the first (race) lap troubles, and could even pass a few GT2 guys on my softs. Miscalculated my fuel load though and had a rather short (<20laps) stint on mediums. Always battling @Tobias Röhner for second, even though we were never really close on track :laugh:. Was gaining around 0.5-1 second per lap. With ~20 laps to go I was in first suddenly, as @Ville-Samuli Mutanen was involved in an incident and Tobias still had to pit. Kept the gap and took a rather surprising class win :D

Enjoyed the event a lot @Si! For the next one I'd like to throw in Paul Ricard, A1Ring and Road America as track suggestions. If you could post the results that'd be great, also if someone could upload a full lenght replay :)

It was nice to be back with the 458. It had been too long since last race, or even drive with it.
I just love that car :)
Was really hard to get tyres to heat up after that rolling start. It took good 4 laps or so to be able to drive properly. Also even after pit stop it took few laps to get temps even near where they should be.

It was nice race, and I never thought I had pace to win it. I had no clue what GT2 lap times should be when I first took the 458 for a lap to practice at Barcelona.
Looking forward to the next one.
Thanks guys, and special thanks to @Si..

First race in about three months, really enjoyed it although my left arm and shoulder are aching now.
Well done @Rami and @kedy89 .

Was planning on a 30-30-10 pit stop strategy but came in with about 15 laps to go for my final stop as there was some traffic ahead and I didn't want to lose too much time. Proved to be a good decision as I came out just ahead of the 3rd place car.

Also with these long races, never ever give up early. Anything can happen. After the crash, I limped to the pits, fixed the car, came back on track second to last and drove like I just stole a Ferrari. And wouldn´t you know, by lap 43 (lap of my black flag :unsure: ) I was 2nd overall.

We need more endurance races like this. 2 hours just fly by. It´s very cool just to spectate the race, nevermind the driving, passing and tactics going on.

Also with these long races, never ever give up early. Anything can happen. After the crash, I limped to the pits, fixed the car, came back on track second to last and drove like I just stole a Ferrari. And wouldn´t you know, by lap 43 (lap of my black flag :unsure: ) I was 2nd overall.

We need more endurance races like this. 2 hours just fly by. It´s very cool just to spectate the race, nevermind the driving, passing and tactics going on.
I did try to keep going but got hit off again from behind next lap, that was the final nail then, will just chalk this one off :thumbsup:

guys, thanks for the praise, but I have to disagree! this event was littered with organisational mistakes!

I will make sure in future that these are addressed!

Went from 1 lap behind to 4th place.
That describes how good endurance racing can be. So glad I was able to take part on this one.
Can't wait for RDLMS:p (and consequently finding other galaxies aliens there:alien::alien::alien:) already found one...

My whole event was a bit of struggle this time.

On qualy I couldn't focus for the driving, setup and tyres properly because for the first time in AC I had fps troubles. I still don't have an idea why the race was this demanding for my potato. It felt like the fps was around 50 no matter how much I lowered detail levels. Stuttering and lagging through the race. Anyway did a bit messy but still fairly decent lap.

For the strategy I decided to choose the safe one. I had no idea how the GT3 softs are gonna last so I started the race on a qualy mode and fuel for ~10 laps. Idea was to stay away from the fights and to build a good gap where to get back from the pits. That went surprisingly good. I didn't had to race with anybody for a long time. On the moment I overtook the leader in GT3 class and he wasn't even pitted yet I knew that it was my race. Everything went as planned, I had a safe lead in class and my goal was to race against @IRobot until the finish. I was pitting 8 seconds behind him and started my attack. Unfortunately that didn't lasted very long since I got ass raped by a Ferrari and got damaged big time. I was cruising for the pits once again, repaired the car and went back to the track to see what possibilities I still had. Unfortunately the gap for the class leader was just massive so I pretty much had no chance to fight anymore. We had some nice battling with @Ryan and @Tobias Röhner but more or less it was just cruising for the finish. The gap for @kedy89 was just too much.

In the end I was racing with @IRobot just like I planned. Unfortunately he was 1 lap ahead of me. :)

Thanks for everyone! Looking forward for the next one!

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back