AC GT2 @ Nurburgring GP - Sat 23rd August 2014

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
The AU events are always fun! Thank you guys!

Qualy was not the best for me, but was 6th whit only 0.300 of pole! Man was close great timing guys;)

Race was good, besides the crashes in corner 1. Lap 2 @Chris Stacey and @Akis Kevrekidis touched each other slightly and i drove straight into them, Remained Second and there was a gap of around 10 seconds to @Sun Levi
That incident was completely my fault, that's why i waited Chris to catch me up after it.

I Tryed to catch up on him but he was really consistent ( Was mostly the same times whe had :laugh:) then Akis came around lap 18 to attack me, dunno what happend you spun or drove into me a lil bit @Akis Kevrekidis ? , cause i felt nothing and tryed to give you some room. And where you on Softs?
I was on mediums. Even at the last lap i had plenty grip left.
screenshotlastlap.jpg

About the lap 19 spin, I think it happened because we both had high pings (300-400), so when we touched the netcode ****ed me up. I was so disappointed because I was pushing to the limit for 15 laps to catch you up. Damn!

gt2 @ nurb

Usually I work when you guys race on Friday, but by coincidence I am free. I vote for some abarth or gp2 action.
I love GP2 :)

I up for that if everyone else is :whistling::thumbsup:

That incident was completely my fault, that's why i waited Chris to catch me up after it.

No problems mate :)
The battle was so intense, that when something like that happens, I really can't get angry. These things happen sometimes, that's just racing :)
We were switching back on eachother several times through the T1 & T2 complex, which was tremendous racing!

No hard feelings on my side at all :thumbsup:

See I wouldn't mind having an event on Saturday because I have a strong feeling we're getting Spa this coming update.
They've teased another photo of it. Lol there's no way they can tease us this much, only to not release it.
My logic. Lol

Had to double check it, it looks so real!
image.jpg

Yeah I think it'll come out next week, I really hope it does anyway! and for suggestion any combo would make me happy, though I always prefer purpose build race car!

Had a really action packed race. Lost count of how many battles I was involved in, set your replay cameras on my car and you'll have an hour's worth of good racing footage :p

The already mentioned battles with @Chris Stacey, @Michael Young, @Anthony Vranic and @Jack Trooper were all excellently driven. Especially the Chris/Michael/Me battle about 15 laps in and the final battle for 5th between me and Michael over the last few laps, which he held onto after a crazy final lap where he pulled the mightiest of moves dodging @Tony Binelli while lapping him.

A1D1751620B7E8533991ADFAAE570CF99A9B2C6E

After being side by side with Michael out of the hairpin just before this, that shows just how close Michael was from being wiped out. Crazy stuff :p

I had a clean race after losing out many places on lap 1 and I got as much as I could out of the Corvette so I can't complain. :) Thanks to Chris for hosting as always.

Even if Spa is released next Saturday I won't be racing the club race that night regardless, but I'd put up an event for then anyway and have a track change on the day to attract people to the event to make up for the missing regulars if we actually see it released in the update. :)

I'll race next Friday though and I put a vote in for using the 98T. We've raced GP2 and the F.Abarth's recently and the 98T deserves a second event. Maybe we could use the Spa 92 custom track just released for the race as well? The 98Ts around there would be a great teaser for the following day's potential laser-scanned modern Spa release. :D

I'll race next Friday though and I put a vote in for using the 98T. We've raced GP2 and the F.Abarth's recently and the 98T deserves a second event. Maybe we could use the Spa 92 custom track just released for the race as well? The 98Ts around there would be a great teaser for the following day's potential laser-scanned modern Spa release. :D

I'd love to run the 98T @ '92 Spa, but unfortunately that conversion is incredibly bumpy, it's not been smoothed at all.

Aosta Sport? I have only done a few laps but seems good. The F1 can do Spa 92 but I think the timing has issues. Prato? Anywhere the track map works.
Hmmm. Aosta Sport is a good track, but it doesn't make for good racing, I don't know why, but it just doesn't seem to be enjoyable to race on.

Newbury on the other hand is a great little track, and could suit the Formula Abarth fantastically well!
http://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/newbury.2576/

Great racing last night i can't believe i run for so long with no
real accident. i stayed on track all race :) (Well mostly)
Great battles with most of the field i had a great time racing
with you all. :thumbsup::D

I won't be on Saturday at all as I've raced the last two Saturdays,
need to spend time with the Wife. I will race Friday thou. Brands hatch sounds cool,
I'm looking forward to Spa so hopefully you'll put it off for a bit.
If not it'll come up again. :D Happy to jump in and race what or where ever. :thumbsup:

My preference would be some sort of GT car(s) on Snoopy's Nordschleife. Not sure if it's size would make that impractical? If Spa was released I'd prefer Spa however.

Probably not the best suggestion, but that's my preference anyways lol.

Formula abarth at Brands hatch would be pretty fun, 98T also sounds awesome but abarth would make for better racing imo, but I'm happy with whatever! :D

@Justin Talent that was such a close race. I really thought tony wasn't going to move so I was going to go round the outside but he shot across the nose of my car xD scary.

As for suggestions brand hatch with 98t sounds ok, but how about the 312t that we havn't raced yet?

Last edited:
My preference would be some sort of GT car(s) on Snoopy's Nordschleife. Not sure if it's size would make that impractical? If Spa was released I'd prefer Spa however.

Probably not the best suggestion, but that's my preference anyways lol.
GT3 @ Nords was my first ever online race 4 months ago. The combination is great and takes a lot of practice. But these guys call Chris and Sun clicked their cars in gear and I didn't see them again for 5 laps. It spreads the field out so we would need one of our bumper 17 people nights.
312T and Brand Hatch might be the most popular so I'll give that a spin today.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 215 14.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 154 10.3%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 149 9.9%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 115 7.7%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 216 14.4%