AC GT2 (inc C6R) @ Imola Sat 13-09-14

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
Good race everyone.
Sadly i wasn't competitive as much as i wanted.

Fun facts concerning the physics:
I did a pretty good time, around 1.42.5 in qualify using a setup i had made a long time ago. I could go around the track comfortably without any "hold on for your dear life" moments.

Race starts, put 52lt in, start.... coming to acque minerale i tried to turn as usual, coasting, and the belly of the car hit the ground and almost threw me off.
The weight added from the fuel. Made my car touch the ground there.Pretty amazing thing to think about it.

I was trying to stay near the top 3 but i had to be extra careful in that corner and it made me lose time every lap.
The **** hit the fan on lap 5-6 where the car hit the ground and i was thrown off :D .

After that incident, i just cruised along doing 1.45's and i brought her home @ 4th.

I hope there is a day that everyone is forced to use default setups cos i cant make one to save my life :D

Damn fuel :D

I found myself in 6th position after the first lap starting from the 14th. I had a really good start, really clean, and I managed to stay in 6th until @Fábio Assunção made that mistake. had a good battle with him for the 5th place, that overtaking touching me in the back was not the safiest move ever, but was great fun :roflmao:

than I got back to the pist for refueling and found myself 21th :cry: I lost a lap in the pitboxes!

@Sergio Silveira I was not fighting with you for your position, I saw you were kinda nervous :p I had a blast, than you for the battle!! (in anycase, I passed you just on the finish line :D)

thanks to everybody! see you on the next one :thumbsup:

Reactions: Si
In Variante Alta, lap 1, I was hit from behind by @Blake Courtney and pulled out the circuit ... you come back @Liviu Tiron and @Christian Lozanov and were face to face in the middle of the track and tried to pass by them .. ., but still off the track I was out ...
the rest went well as can be hope ... do not think I have created problems for the top ...

First of all, apologies to Cristian who I punted early in the race, very sorry about that mate.

Quali went ok considering I was 1.5 seconds off the pace and managed a 5th on the starting grid.

Off the line I had a sloppy start and got down to 8th but it was a long race so anything could happen. Then in lap 2 If I recall right, I punted Cristian out of T6 (sorry again :( ) so I waited for him and I dropped back to 16th I think. Then slowly started to crawl back. At least I was running very consistent times so the catching up wasn't a total nightmare.

Had some good battles and specially with @Michael Young . I was chasing Michael for around 5 laps with no more than 3 tenths between us. It wasn't easy to get by because he is a really skilled driver, his defense was flawless until he had just a little bit of extra slip out of the last turn so I could get closer and draft him. The Ferrari engine was really lacking compared to the Corvette's so it was virtually impossible for me to get by unless this happened. Great piece of driving mate.

Finally finished 6th, not too bad really after all that happened. Great racing everyone I had good fun.

Time to practice for tomorrow, see ya guys at Monza!

@Thomas Wilen, You were not a road block and your presence was appreciated!! I know I hit you when lapping but these things happen! please feel free to enter as many events as you can! the only way you will learn is by practice and watching the guys who are faster than you to learn there lines!!

Nice race!! I enjoyed it very much. Had a big fight for many rounds with @Pashalis Gergis. At one time I was doing 1.43-1.44 just to keep up. Insane. @Joao Borges (the poleman) was very close all the time too. Too bad Stelios had issues with his car's belly at some corners. His car was too fat to race :D

GJ everyone for keeping it clean and as always a big thanks Simon for organizing this event!

My first race in Racedepartment and my first online race event since my rFactor days 2 years ago. I came back with a G27 3 weeks ago and AC and I have to say the environment on the track really good, clean racing, respect the existence of other racers on the circuit. My props to Simon and whoever organized the event. About the race I didn't manage to get a Q lap and I managed to get 7th on a lap I did with softs and traffic in front of me. In the start I managed to get 4th, then I managed to get to 3rd, Joao did a mistake and got on my back aswell and then I was chasing Aris for many many laps and somehow I managed to get him after he did a mistake. After that I lead the race for 1-2 laps but I missed the apex at Rivazza and he managed to pull it off and overtake me back. Then I did a hell of race for the last 5 laps doing PBs all the time and on the last lap he did a small mistake that gave me the opportunity to pass him up. Incredible pace and to be honest I won just because I did 1 less mistake, the rest was pretty much perfect driving from me and him! @Akis Kevrekidis hands off mate.

Can't wait to meet all of you on an other event soon! ;)

all these comments are great to read! for me the event was a total disaster!! I was expecting a lot of rebukes so to see positive comments I am delighted!!

oh I had plenty of incidents!!! lol! (luckily by myself) considering I had practised with race fuel and tyres. the car in race felt sooo different!

on another note. because I was away from any groups I couldn't c what was going on!

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back