AC GT2/GT3 @ Mugello - Sat 15th Nov 2014

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
Dive bombing is the worst, just because your car goes in the gap doesn't mean you should do it. Mugello is a hard track to overtake on at the best of times.

@Akis Kevrekidis maybe a rule should be introduced to stop it

For whoever is interested, here are the results.
404!

Dive bombing is the worst, just because your car goes in the gap doesn't mean you should do it. Mugello is a hard track to overtake on at the best of times.

@Akis Kevrekidis maybe a rule should be introduced to stop it
Dive bombing is seen as bad already, no extra rule needed. If you feel you or someone else has been wronged by it you will need to file an incident report so the matter can be dealt with!

Thx for organising @Akis Kevrekidis .
After my problems getting in (maybe worth noting for future races at mugello) I was just glad to make it.
Managed to get a few clean quali laps and post a decent time although I couldn't quite match my best in practice of a 43.6.
I had a clean race and any back markers were very helpful thank you.
Pashalis was keeping me very much on my toes for the first few laps but then I'm not sure what happened?
I just kept praying that there were battles going on behind me and hoping they were slowing everyone up lol.

Thanks again

Thanks for the race guys! I know there were issues for some people but from my point of view (in the middle of the field) everyone was polite and good clean racers! I haven't taken part in many but this is my favourite club race on RD so far! :)

P.S. Nathan you must teach me the way! Some of the times you were getting were crazy good! Well done!

Hey Danny - happy to help if i can. If you want to add me on steam (redlinezak) and maybe we can get some practice in the 24/7 server sometime.

@Nathan Pearce how do you lap that fast.......

I feel that the 458 is very very setup dependant. I used one posted on here as a base and went from there ( didnt change much as it was very good).
I am absolutely terrible at setting up a car so i always try to find somewhere to start and tweak from there.
Aside from that the 458 seemed to like being thrown in a bit but smoother on the way out (it always seemed to have more grip than i was expecting so the hardest part was to belive it would stick and go for it lol.

The rest is luck :)

I had a lot of fun in that race, I was really surprised with my pace, I wasn't expecting to do well, I haven't been able to play for the past three weeks. Mugello is a track I like though and I really like the Ferrari, I find it very predictable and easy to drive.

I had an OK start, I wanted to be cautious as I got involved in a crash the last time I did a race at mugello, so I lost two places but from then on I was able to keep up. Two cars in front went off which put me behind @Hany Alsabti, I was just about able to hang on but couldn't close the gap until we hit the back markers. Que epic bumper to bumper racing to the end. It looked like we were both struggling for grip I had the advantage under braking and through the corners but fair play to Hany there just wasn't a way past, he placed his car perfectly and the merc would just pull away on the straights. He obviously made me push harder than I was in qualifying because I ran out of fuel coming out of the last corner on the final lap, I was lucky to make it past the finish line and finish third.

Well played sir.. :D

Great race over all, everyone I encountered on track was very well behaved.

I had a lot of fun in that race, I was really surprised with my pace, I wasn't expecting to do well, I haven't been able to play for the past three weeks. Mugello is a track I like though and I really like the Ferrari, I find it very predictable and easy to drive.

I had an OK start, I wanted to be cautious as I got involved in a crash the last time I did a race at mugello, so I lost two places but from then on I was able to keep up. Two cars in front went off which put me behind @Hany Alsabti, I was just about able to hang on but couldn't close the gap until we hit the back markers. Que epic bumper to bumper racing to the end. It looked like we were both struggling for grip I had the advantage under braking and through the corners but fair play to Hany there just wasn't a way past, he placed his car perfectly and the merc would just pull away on the straights. He obviously made me push harder than I was in qualifying because I ran out of fuel coming out of the last corner on the final lap, I was lucky to make it past the finish line and finish third.

Well played sir.. :D

Great race over all, everyone I encountered on track was very well behaved.
Yes good race man. I knew from the beginning that the sls couldn't lap as fast as the gt2 cars and I knew I would lose a lot of time in the corners. Mugello is a hard track for overtaking and the sls had the speed in the straight :D from lap 12 my tires dropped off which made brake more because my rear started to slide a lot. I was holding you up in sc1 and sc2 but respect for being patient and not dive bombing me :D

Was my first race here, I liked it very much. In public the dive bombing is like a normal habit and you make it to 3rd place even from last place, which did not happen to me here ;) ... :( ... but thats good.
I should not have switched my whole Race Table Setup but I had to. Still forgot some stuff, like having way too much fuel (could have run 10 more laps :) ).
Next time I hope I will be better. Great fun guys and nice competitive racing, thx.

Kudos to Hany, who showed the AMG can beat some GT2's on this particlular track.
Feel free to give me some Setup advice ;)

Thanks for the race people:). I was afraid i bumped Andy off track but after watching the replay luckily it wasn't me. After passing Andy i could settle into race pace. Had a very consistent race. Didn't go off and had some minor oversteer moments (that were scary enough but i cought them all and i stayed on track). After all finished 12th which im very glad with starting at pos 24.:thumbsup:

Mugello is a hard track for overtaking and the sls had the speed in the straight :D from lap 12 my tires dropped off which made brake more because my rear started to slide a lot. I was holding you up in sc1 and sc2 but respect for being patient and not dive bombing me :D
Ya, I noticed my tyres drop off on lap 13. Dive bombing wasn't even an option, I just couldn't get close enough for a serious attempt at overtaking, all the better brakes did was get me to the back of your car and you placed your car to kill any opportunity that did present itself. It was still one of the best experiences I've had in online racing.

Hey Danny - happy to help if i can. If you want to add me on steam (redlinezak) and maybe we can get some practice in the 24/7 server sometime.

Will definitely add you and I would greatly appreciate help when I get chance mate! As you said in your reply to somebody else as well, I agree the 458 is definitely heavy on set up, I need to understand more of the settings I think before I can get to perfecting the driving side of things!

I feel that the 458 is very very setup dependant. I used one posted on here as a base and went from there ( didnt change much as it was very good).
I am absolutely terrible at setting up a car so i always try to find somewhere to start and tweak from there.
Aside from that the 458 seemed to like being thrown in a bit but smoother on the way out (it always seemed to have more grip than i was expecting so the hardest part was to belive it would stick and go for it lol.

The rest is luck :)
I had a spin at T3 that made too much damage to keep going on. As far as the first laps hell yes I was doing my best to keep up but I lost suddenly too much grip on the rears and I almost spun after the arabiattas in the hard braking S. It just wasn't meant to be. Hope we can have more fun on other events. And by the way thanks for the race to the admins, it was a nice fun after 5-6 weeks of inactivity :)

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back