AC GT2/GT3 @ Mugello - Sat 15th Nov 2014

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
test 1.jpg 20 Laps on race trim, medium tyres, pro. Last lap was difficult, so i lost control pretty badly, but the conclusion is that the medium tyres will last just fine without pit. I drove safe because i have a hard time with no abs because of bad pedals, a better simmer could easily be faster.

Can anyone offer and advice for the 458 please.

I rarely practice quali laps before a race and just use my race setup with the softest tyres and low fuel for quali.
With the 458 i am really struggling on the supersoft tyres.
It feels as though they have no grip and i am generally faster (and the car feels much better) with the softs.
Has anyone found that the balance of this car changes more dramatically than others when going from say meds to SS tyres so requiring a different setup?
The main problem seems to be the front end so i thought maybe im overheating them too quickly on my race setup with SS tyres. Im getting temps of 130 on the front left around the uphill right hander with SS tyres.

Or is it just me lol

Thanks

Temps sound fine. Supersofts are only good for the first 2 laps, no need for outlap cause they start at full grip anyway. Maybe you say they have no grip after ?
*When using supersofts, try to increase front camber by -1 and rear by -0.6, also, make sure u do NOT have negative toe, positive is fine tho. Any difference?

Temps sound fine. Supersofts are only good for the first 2 laps, no need for outlap cause they start at full grip anyway. Maybe you say they have no grip after ?
*When using supersofts, try to increase front camber by -1 and rear by -0.6, also, make sure u do NOT have negative toe, positive is fine tho. Any difference?

Im running coenwolfs setup (on here) which is quite aggressive on camber as it is. If i remember correctly (3.5ish on the front) so i think another 1 degree may be too much?
I will check on the toe though and see if that helps.
If i take the out lap from the pits carefully i can get 2 relatively decent laps in but i just always feel as though im running out of grip very early. So far i have only gone about 0.05 quicker on SS than soft and that was running 7 litres on SS and 30L on soft (maybe its the fuel changing the balance too much?)

I will have a bit more time tomorrow to practice so i will try your suggestion and see how i get on.

If you have a setup for the BMW that would be good and i will try that also.

Thanks for the help.

Nath

Really starting to look like this will be a Premium only race. Any chance of two servers happening? Say, one for premium users and one for non-premium? I only ask because I was like the 7th/8th person to sign up and now its starting to look like I won't get chance to race, and this was the first one I've properly been looking forward too/been able to attend.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 345 15.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 237 10.7%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 235 10.6%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 176 7.9%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 296 13.3%