AC GT2 / GT3 @ Algarve Circuit - 1h race - Sat 01.11.14

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
Had a fun drive, got lapped by everybody as usual. :notworthy:

Frame rates suffered once I added all the custom skins for the race so I turned a couple of settings down and it was much better. I feel the game still needs optimising in that respect.

My tyres were useless with 10 minutes still to go, so I warned everyone on TS not to try to pass me in a corner. It was like driving on snow :roflmao: Pit stop seemed excessive though with so few laps left so I stuck it out until the end. Beat my quali lap time during the race, so happy about that.

Thanks guys.

Very close Qualy!

but man biggest mistake ever to go on hard tyres!

on the first corners i immediately felt the cars was not the same as Qualy pace, ( ofc Fuel load and harder tyres), But on lap 1 to the uphill sector i lost control of the car abit and lost 3 places immediately.

From there i tryed as hard as i could to keep up but was 1-2 seconds of the leaders pace. i knew then that the guys infront had mediums :roflmao:

@Daniel Petko YOU where really aggressive....... i was driving behind you and you bomb dived/outbraked the lapped cars way to aggressive man, even when i started to try and take you over you where all over the place to try and maintain your position :thumbsdown:

@Anders Nilsson @Nathaniel Dwayne Hale i think you guys saw that Daniel also was way to aggressive? Even bumped you off Nathaniel?

Anyhow happy whit 3th place, could have fought for win if i choose the correct tyres ;)

P.s Nice Charge at the end Anders Nilsson, you where on mediums ?
Thanks Georg and everyone for racing tonight!

Good race for me even tho I finished last but I always aim to finish and if possible above my qualified position.

Still learning but I think I need a medal for how good I get out the way when being lapped lolz;)

Very close Qualy!

but man biggest mistake ever to go on hard tyres!

on the first corners i immediately felt the cars was not the same as Qualy pace, ( ofc Fuel load and harder tyres), But on lap 1 to the uphill sector i lost control of the car abit and lost 3 places immediately.

From there i tryed as hard as i could to keep up but was 1-2 seconds of the leaders pace. i knew then that the guys infront had mediums :roflmao:

I was also on hards but i think the mediums were the way to go (i should have listened to georg) although my hards were down to 97% by lap 28 i think so not sure if my setup was hard on tyres or if that was the norm for hards?

Definately enjoyed it though but i think i was a bit to polite in the first lap and lost a couple of places but the fight back up in the next 5 or 6 laps was fun.

Grats to Jaroslav - very consistent race.

Really wanted to be on this race, but just when getting in for booking I lost all my cable services (phone, cable tv and internet). It was a disaster, no way to communicate until I tethered a smartphone on my PC.

hi guys,
last night 'was a good run for sin accidents at the beginning and clicked down my mistake I was hoping for a better result but I'm happy anyway.
Many congratulations to the winners.
Someone have start replay ?

@Kevin Hagendoorn I'm aware of that. My bad, I have spartian conditions in new appartment and couldn't get used to it. My pedals were to close and I was keeping locking up the brakes. That's why I quit, to not cause any more trouble.

Thanks for the race, gotta wait for the playseat though...

I was also on hards but i think the mediums were the way to go (i should have listened to georg) although my hards were down to 97% by lap 28 i think so not sure if my setup was hard on tyres or if that was the norm for hards?

Definately enjoyed it though but i think i was a bit to polite in the first lap and lost a couple of places but the fight back up in the next 5 or 6 laps was fun.

Grats to Jaroslav - very consistent race.
Thanks was good race for me for sure :) I wasn't much sure about the fuel because everyone told me to take 80L to McLaren but I took 95 and I finished with 2L left in the tank, so pretty close! I took medium tires but I wasn't much sure they will last so I was very easy on them for whole race and not driving for 100%. In the middle I thought tires are dead but it was just in my head and oversteer setup:)
But lappers gave me sometimes a pretty hard time especially like 3 laps to go I got divebombed to T1 and save it just for last moment by going almost straight and almost stop! :D
Btw what is the deal with replay? I got settings set to 600mb replay file. I have last 15 laps (only) and file is 521mb... I hope AC will fix this soon because I am missing first laps on every replay
Thanks for the race guys :)

i think for use medium was nacessary 1 pit whith hard full tank and go to the finish ...using my set up...i think....whithout mistake and penalty and no more blu flag :thumbsdown:

Lets hear it for the back markers who make up the numbers. Hooray! :thumbsup::sneaky:

If it wasn't for us, you'd only have aliens in each race. :D And I am sure it makes you feel better lapping us. :notworthy:

Thanks all for the race.
It was my 1st Algarve try and 1st online race on v1.0.6RC - got low fps/stuttering because of audio FMOD errors in huge log file.
1st lap/1st turn was total mess :O_o:. I made mistake at lap 23/t3 and then had some "fun" :speechless: on laps 23/28 with lapped @Nathaniel Dwayne Hale.
listen mate... I am still not sure what you are referring to. I'm sorry if I did something that wasn't by the rules, or that impeded your race. This was my 3rd race here, and I'm still learning, so sorry for any inconveniences, such as they may have been. I've tried to race cleanly.

I've looked at lap 23, and you have not been near me then. I did not check the whole 5 laps you mentioned. I'd really appreciate it if you told me what I did wrong, instead of vaguely implying. I may not take back my mistakes, sure, but at least that way I can try not to repeat them.

I really hope you don't have any hard feelings against me. And if you do, please remember these are club races. They are meant for people to gain experience. :)

I've looked at lap 23, and you have not been near me then. I did not check the whole 5 laps you mentioned. I'd really appreciate it if you told me what I did wrong, instead of vaguely implying. I may not take back my mistakes, sure, but at least that way I can try not to repeat them.
It was at lap 23 and lap 28, maybe just because of out of sync but those were really strange moves :).
I really hope you don't have any hard feelings against me. And if you do, please remember these are club races. They are meant for people to gain experience. :)
Yeah, it was a little funny ;).

Yes Kevin i saw and he was aggressive . But as he explained and that he is aware of it i can understand. But if it were me in the same situation with my simgear i wouldn´t be as .aggressive. Just mho ...Forgive and move on ;).

Yes Kevin i were on meds took it easy in the beggining not sure how they would hold up. Made two silly errors small cuts two penalities. From there on it was push push. Tryed my best to catch up but it wasnt enough . Was fun tho :)

Thanks for the video. It has been rly informative. These mistakes are exactly the kind of mistakes I wouldn't otherwise even know about. Could you help me with these?:

0:05 - Okay so obviously I was blue flagged, and should have let you overtake. But that aside supposing we were on the same lap, isn't driving on your line just fine? I mean, the guy who's behind and wants to overtake must choose his timing, right?
1:05 - I came in the corner too fast and took my line without regarding other drivers... Rookie mistake. This vid really shows it nicely. I am sure i will do this better with more experience. And, in my defence, I only have a small 22' monitor. So I can only see to my left and right if I use glance hotkeys.
---Speaking of which, do you suggest I use a wider FOV for racing, so I can see more of whats happening around me? I would sacrifice driving ability, because the road in front of me would be smaller...
1:15 - Man that was dangerous. I hadn't even thought about that, but I could have easely caused a crash by driving like that. Although, again, strictly speaking (and ignoring the blue flag, for the sake of my question) is such driving illegal?
1:28 - Yeah I remember that one. I can see why you are pissed off. Sorry again... :S In my defense I haven't had my car under control at that point. Believe it or not, I didn't ram you on purpose.

I got bumped off the track about 3 times, quite badly. Got from p11 to p22 in one lap. I am sorry, I can't remember who bumped me off though. I recorded one particulary bad one, but it wasn't daniel. :)
Think you came into contact with @James Bolton. He and I came into contact three times, I believe from not being aware of me. Not sure, but I chalked them up to racing incidents. I think I saw you guys dueling it out in front of me from my replay and then pretty decent contact.

I also got pushed out pretty hard in T1 about half way thru, but I'll have to check the replay again to see who it was - I gave a ton of room, then still pushed and received a penalty. This was my third race, and was by far the most contact I've experienced thus far.

I can't say it wasn't frustrating, but after T1 my race strategy turned to track experience anyway - however, it did seem there were some car control/awareness issues out there.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 347 15.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 241 10.8%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 239 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 177 7.9%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 299 13.4%