AC GT2 @ Algarve Circuit - 1h race - Sat 30.08.14

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
Yeah.. I understood the rules, but I did not expect to be on pole, and panicked a bit as I was unsure...So I figured that's what I'd do.. as others were behind me keeping speed.. My Apologies to all that raced, I will learn this for next time.

Good race though, nice and tidy, with good racing.. Shame I could not bring it home to first, but I received a penalty after a corner went badly!..but a very very close finish with 0.077 of a sec across the line!.

If anyone has a reply I'd love to see it.... let me know.

GS mod-edit: fixed time delta for you

Last edited by a moderator:
Great race,
The fun started at the start of the event with @Frank van Oeveren his pitbox :D (He fell right through the map)
Had a good start, passed Davy on the outside on the straight, but I flew off due to cold tyres. Lost lots of time first laps by going off everywhere.
After a while started battling Frank, nice battle but I made a lot of mistakes ultimately leading to loss of position.
After some more sliding on track I managed to ruin the hard tyres BADLY and had to hold on, losing position to William Barbosa (who retired because of an empty tank) and almost losing another one to Ted Nyberg but I managed to hold on.
Great race, now have to learn and become consistent in the longer races.

Yeah.. I understood the rules, but I did not expect to be on pole, and panicked a bit as I was unsure...So I figured that's what I'd do.. as others were behind me keeping speed.. My Apologies to all that raced, I will learn this for next time.

Good race though, nice and tidy, with good racing.. Shame I could not bring it home to first, but I received a penalty after a corner went badly!..but a very very close finish with 0.77 of a sec across the line!.

If anyone has a reply I'd love to see it.... let me know.

Most important is that you had fun, well done on your race!

Thx for the race guys!
First, I manage to put the p4/5 on the first line, 2th place.
A track that suits this car :).

I followed @Andy R James during half the race, good driving by the way:thumbsup:.
I don't think I would have been able to pass him, but the bad Portimao (turn 11) catched him and give me the opportunity to take the 1st.
I managed to keep the soft coumpound alive, loosing something like 1.5 s/lap, by the end.
My antivirus advertiser almost killed my last lap, but there I was, first time first with you guys.

So thx everybody to organize and race :D.
See you next.

Last edited:
Thx for the race guys!
First, I manage to put the p4/5 on the first line, 2th place.
A track that suits this car :).

I followed @Andy R James during half the race, good driving by the way:thumbsup:.
I don't think I would have been able to pass him, but the bad Portimao (turn 11) catched him and give me the opportunity to take the 1st.
I managed to keep the soft coumpound alive, loosing something like 1.5 s/lap, by the end.
My antivirus advertiser almost killed my last lap, but there I was, first time first with you guys.

So thx everybody to organize and race :D.
See you next.
SOFT?!

:) Soft indeed.
I made a some practice (30 laps), and figured out that the delta between the first and the last was around 2.5s, unlike I pretend in the previous post (was a bit too much happy).
As far as I know, the tire behaviour is not totally implemented (flat spot, break related temp,...), but I might be wrong.:cautious:
So I guess that, for the moment, we are able to deal more easily the degredation.

...lot of speculations. :D

:) Soft indeed.
I made a some practice (30 laps), and figured out that the delta between the first and the last was around 2.5s, unlike I pretend in the previous post (was a bit too much happy).
As far as I know, the tire behaviour is not totally implemented (flat spot, break related temp,...), but I might be wrong.:cautious:
So I guess that, for the moment, we are able to deal more easily the degredation.

...lot of speculations. :D
Indeed flatspots etc are not implemented (thankfully :p) but I managed to ruin my Hards in those 30 laps and you survived and won on softs... Incredible :)

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back