AC GT2/3 @ Nords Monday 25th May 2015

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
me too, had luck to avoid the big crash in lap 1...just to go wide a few turns later and damage the suspension :thumbsdown: was no hard crash, but 30% damage is still enough it seems ;)
then i was obstacle till the pit... sorry, that i caused problems :unsure:

Absolutely loved my consistency today. Couldn't qualify but somehow found my rhythm during the race. Although I got both front and rear damage on the first lap itself but managed it pretty well till 4th lap I guess, till Charles and I pulled a Verstappen and Grosjean respectively. But things like that happen. I guess that's how we all learn.
Couldn't believe myself when I found myself following @Akis and @Si for some time :) and @Tomi Manninen What a crafty wolf you are :) Man, that weaving on back straight. I pulled it on Charles in the next lap :cool:

Right!

1st of all, delighted with the turn out for a Monday night event! AC is certainly alive and well at RD. Congrats to all for what from my point of view was a fair nice well run race!

Grats to the podium, some serious pace there!

My main issue was as you are all aware, this was a pick up mode server, which means I need your car choice when you register. I know you all (nearly) complied with this, however as I was setting up the server I was getting notifications left right and centre about people changing there minds!

Normally this is fine and I try to be as accommodating as possible, but tonight this was just too much! I even had criticism that there were not enough cars available to choose! that Angered me a tad!

The race craft from us all has improved so much over the last few months! cant wait to race again soon!!

Oh man, in this track it's terrifying to drive in a group where everybody has different brake points. Speed is insane and you try to drive as close as you dare:laugh::thumbsup: Freaking awesome, you really feel the speed. Well, that end up tears but anyway.

Sorry @Akis, that first group crash I think I hit you when I was rejoining the track:(. That other crash..... I dont know:unsure:.

Insane! :laugh: This track is a monster. Although my race was far from perfect, I did manage to have some real cool and clean battles along the way, with @Akis, @brooptss, @Sharjeel, and @tomeee. :)

If only I would learn to be consistent instead of crashing 4 times in 6 laps :p
I'm sorry you span very early @Ricardo, I saw you in my mirror. :( I was side-by-side with @brooptss in lap one and I had to brake so we could get both in the next coner... By the way, I think I pitted as many times as you did. I even tried the supersoft tyres for the last lap. It was a blast.

[...] till Charles and I pulled a Verstappen and Grosjean respectively.
I'm pretty sure it was not me, mate. I was pushed out from the back in lap one by breaking early, so I know how it feels. Therefore I'm extremely careful when following someone (especially at Nords). I think it was @Akis but it's hard to blame anyone. We all waited to get back on track and kept the battle alive. :thumbsup: I remember this lap, and what must be kept in the books is a very close and mostly contact-free battle with three cars!

[...] and @Tomi Manninen What a crafty wolf you are :) Man, that weaving on back straight. I pulled it on Charles in the next lap :cool:
I thought you were heating up your tyres or something! :D

Anyways, that was a very nice event with a pretty large grid, whereas simply yesterday it looked more than empty. Thanks @Si!

Nice race, that was great fun! Gotta love the ring, congrats podium! Sorry @Christoph Wohlkönig for the nudge. Man my first lap was so sloppy, I'm absolutely clueless when it comes to overtaking, fudged it a few times. I get up close behind, but then they brake a little bit early, or even normally - and feel like I have to slam on anchors to avoid hitting them. I can never seem to find a suitable gap to brake late and dive in for the pass, I always feel like I'm about to be causing a massive accident. But I carried on with all the damage and managed to bring it home. Great stuff, would like to see nordschleife again.

Insane! :laugh: This track is a monster. Although my race was far from perfect, I did manage to have some real cool and clean battles along the way, with @Akis, @brooptss, @Sharjeel, and @tomeee. :)

I'm sorry you span very early @Ricardo, I saw you in my mirror. :( I was side-by-side with @brooptss in lap one and I had to brake so we could get both in the next coner... By the way, I think I pitted as many times as you did. I even tried the supersoft tyres for the last lap. It was a blast.

I'm pretty sure it was not me, mate. I was pushed out from the back in lap one by breaking early, so I know how it feels. Therefore I'm extremely careful when following someone (especially at Nords). I think it was @Akis but it's hard to blame anyone. We all waited to get back on track and kept the battle alive. :thumbsup: I remember this lap, and what must be kept in the books is a very close and mostly contact-free battle with three cars!

I thought you were heating up your tyres or something! :D

Anyways, that was a very nice event with a pretty large grid, whereas simply yesterday it looked more than empty. Thanks @Si!

Not blaming anyone, mate. I thought I braked a wee bit early and probably that trickled through to Akis who was behind you. Like i said, On tracks like these, incidents like these are an inevitability. So it was all in good fun and I learned a thing or two as well. Cheers.

Here is some footage from the race! Corvettes mostly, I hope you like it still. :)

11027-1432587464-73ac9748653ba717806daf7e5e1e91ae.jpg

11026-1432587456-b67801d6c0b67b2c687485e291f24032.jpg

11028-1432587473-786284f0bd79a2f721341790bdeb127b.jpg
By the way @brooptss, I think we were side-by-side during 3 or 4 high speed corners in a row. Considering how hard it is to be side-by-side anywhere on this track, it's a miracle! Thanks a lot for these great moments of fair racing. :)

Here is some footage from the race! Corvettes mostly, I hope you like it still. :)

11027-1432587464-73ac9748653ba717806daf7e5e1e91ae.jpg

11026-1432587456-b67801d6c0b67b2c687485e291f24032.jpg

11028-1432587473-786284f0bd79a2f721341790bdeb127b.jpg
By the way @brooptss, I think we were side-by-side during 3 or 4 high speed corners in a row. Considering how hard it is to be side-by-side anywhere on this track, it's a miracle! Thanks a lot for these great moments of fair racing. :)
Fabulous shots!

Good idea!
I know the turns now but i don't know how to push it;)
Anyway, the nords is always a real! thrill :confused::D:confused::D;)
Can't wait to get my hands on the cv1 of the rift! Shame that it is so long :(

It was just as sweaty race as I thought! :)

I had some worries how the setup and tyre wear feels during the race because my game crashed during my "race simulation" in practise session. Luckily there was a lot less tyre wear than I was expecting.

Didn't took too much risk on qualy so I was more than happy with the 2nd place on the grid.

Race was going well until "Simon stopped talking". Lost my concentration there and braked a lot for the flat right over crest just before Karoussel. Took some time to get myself focused for the racing again. Meanwhile I was overshooting Karoussel and almost crashed into a wall couple of corners later. So, thank you so much for the laughs @Dragos Haba ! :D

For sure when finished I felt like Nico Rosberg at Monaco. I wouldn't have any chance to fight against Dragos's pace.

Anyway, I had so much fun! Thank you @Si once again!

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back