AC GT2 [2 Hour Race] @ Spa - Mon 2 Feb 2015

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
@Chris Wuyts
Yes something weird happened on my car's back after passing which caused me to spin and lost 5 positions. Anyway, I am not here to argue or bother. It is 2 hours race and If we race in such a best simrace place, we should be careful about basic rules. You can hit or punt, this is in race and may be acceptable. But If you break very easy and basic rules may force to think. That is all I say, not more.

well eventful event I must say, quallif went ok 12 th, formation lap a bit hectic since some people did not now about it seems.
the first lap I got smacked in the back at the end of kemmel straight, end lost my 12 th spot to dead last, @ jimlaad43:"Err, I outbraked myself into Les Combes on lap 1 and spun someone, sorry."

2. pit stop - when exiting some bmw came by my side and through eau rouge he thought i backed up, but I didnt, I was holding my very right line, and he spun (normally), he should hold his left line through all the corners is he came by my side a bit earlier.
hmm, I think it was a bit over confident to think wen you leave pit on fresh tyres you are able to battle for position up Eau Rouge, especially wen I run full besides you and hold the race line, there is no room for 2 cars beside each other there mate.
There was just one scary moment when i came up at eaurouge and @Patrick Wuyts was re-entering track from the right side curb, man that was damn close, lost a place to Ramon but anyways, glad we didn`t crash.
this was where I ended up mark, after the incident with Mitja, I had now track map running since I now the track first hand end was not able to see cars coming up, was in the progress of getting back on track end away from race line. close call, sorry mate.
I also lost my sound last 15 laps, still things not optimum in game, needs some more work in my opinion.
still love endure racing more then sprint races

@Taner Selvi Talking about basic rules in RD racing club, you do know rules and gentleman behavior in situation when you are lapped by a faster car, right?;) No offense:)

@Taner Selvi Talking about basic rules in RD racing club, you do know rules and gentleman behavior in situation when you are lapped by a faster car, right?;) No offense:)
Yes exactly ı am aware of that. I wonder lapping car aware of where to pass ;) Blue flag does not mean whenever you can pass at the track as I know in FIA rules book but both cars ( lapping and lapped ) should make easy to complete passing. Because lapped car might be racing :). So If there is a contact, both car would be under investigation. Blue flag does not mean " open the gate, king is coming " that I learned. I wonder I am wrong ?

Yes :), I saw you on my right side in the grass :confused: I was afraid about a big crash at T1 but you manage that correctly :whistling: ; epic moment ;)
I was like holy faking sheet when i realised what I did. I was expecting everybody to complain about me :D "Noobs... Noobs everywhere" :D

Somebody said it recorded the race. I would really want to see that moment :))

Yes exactly ı am aware of that. I wonder lapping car aware of where to pass ;) Blue flag does not mean whenever you can pass at the track as I know in FIA rules book but both cars ( lapping and lapped ) should make easy to complete passing. Because lapped car might be racing :). So If there is a contact, both car would be under investigation. Blue flag does not mean " open the gate, king is coming " that I learned. I wonder I am wrong ?

Yes, I agree with what you say. At some point, ~lap 40 for me (more for you), while chasing you again I slowed down on purpose just to let a faster car pass by. I was a lap behind you Taner but if I would have been actually racing you I don't think I would have let that gap wide open. Anyway, I lost a lot of time letting a faster car go by which I wouldn't have done if I were actually racing you.

Some brilliant racing all round, very close, respectable. After a few weeks of racing on public servers with the same combo I was amazed at how close we got sometimes and held our nerve. Everyone deserves a pat on the back!
Suffering with understeer and was a bit slow on the straights, but I'm still learning the cars. I think it's fair to say my G25 has had it, don't have the feel with it anymore *sniff*.

Will be back for more for sure. Thanks everyone! :D

From someone experienced as a flag marshal, I can tell you the rules of Blue Flagging.

The Blue Flag is only advisory, it is not an order. If you get shown a blue flag, it is warning you that a faster car is behind you. You do not have to cede position at all, but it is common decency to do so.

This explained my stance on blue flags during the race. I would get a blue flag, but i'd be entering Pouhon while the car behind was exiting Rivage. I didn't want to ruin my race for the sake of the leaders, so I waited until they were actually on my tail before letting them through. That way, neither of us lost much time.

T
From someone experienced as a flag marshal, I can tell you the rules of Blue Flagging.

The Blue Flag is only advisory, it is not an order. If you get shown a blue flag, it is warning you that a faster car is behind you. You do not have to cede position at all, but it is common decency to do so.

This explained my stance on blue flags during the race. I would get a blue flag, but i'd be entering Pouhon while the car behind was exiting Rivage. I didn't want to ruin my race for the sake of the leaders, so I waited until they were actually on my tail before letting them through. That way, neither of us lost much time.
That explains why you did a brilliant job with blue flags, well done. That certainly is the best method to be lapped:thumbsup:

Thanks for a brilliant race guys. Allso huge thanks for staff to making this happen.

I had to push pretty hard through the whole race. It showed with a bunch of little mistakes costing me time. But am happy with how consistant I was still. Without those few penalties think I would have had a fair chance to win this one. :thumbsdown:
Grats to Christian for winning. He was really fast during the whole race, and maybe the reason for me having to push and making mistakes. :D
And for lapping. I was given room to overtake wery well throughout the whole race, with few exceptions.. but those were partly my own fault too for not letting them know I was coming...
So, great fun and will definitely be with these long races again.
Hell, allmost hoping for a league for endurance races...

Another point for blue flag in Endurance race ( especially pointed Endurance ) does not mean as much as F1 or such a sprint races. You would be appling different tire or fuel strategies, you would be pit earlier, etc. etc. etc. But still you are racing on long race. So, when you are shown blue flag that will not mean you will get slower to give way. Basicly, you are racing even with that car too. But in different class, yes, it means just make passing easy for fast class car. So the name of the game gives the rule actually.

I don't expect anybody to stop or considerably slow down fo me. Just when you drive almost a hole lap in someones tail who are 3 sec slower per lap and he's doing blocking moves, it's not fair or very nice bahavior. And in backstraight wont't lift the throtle even lift a little bit. IMO it's wrong.

But anyway, these situations are very rare here at RD and it's not an issue. As a matter of fact , it's more challenging when lappep cars don't give up so easily.:thumbsup:

I had a pretty fun race. My "mystery strategy" was working and I was gaining one or two positions every pit stop. I am completely satisfied to have seen my homework pay off. Unfortunately my internet went out about half way through the race. I am still pretty happy about both my performance and the performance of the other drivers. Congrats guys!
~Bailey

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back