AC GT2 [1 Hour Race] @ Monza - Mon 26 Jan 2015

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
Wow, what a race. Started 13th and finished 3rd, going through the last corner of the last lap side by side with Liviu, great! Unfortunately I drove in the back of Simon, sorry mate! Your ping was varying between 70 and 150... Glad to see you were able to continue. See you next time!

Good race. Surprised I was able to get a top 3 in qualifying (pretty close one 2 hundreths of second between the 1st and 3rd) and I could carry it on to a good pace in race, being able to keep up with the front runners (except that freakin fast guy who shall not be named:p). Unfortunately I did end up spinning two times, that kept me up to finishing around 6th or 5th place, depending on the result of the battle with @Si, that didn´t happen due to the internet drop (due to a torrential rain that I only noticed after taking out the headphones, so ISP you´re safe;))

Thanks to @Ricardo Umans for setting up the race, looking for the next one. (maybe at Spa?:D)
And congratulations to that freakin fast guy aka @Geoffroy Tassenoy for the incredible pace.

In the mid race i had to go and pi :thumbsdown:to many mistakes not fully concentrated.
Nice full grid,like to race again boy,s.
Grats to the podium :thumbsup:

After the disastrous race with the GP2s at Spa last Friday, I really looked forward to this, to get back the fun I had in RD Club races.

And what can I say. It was a real joy to take part in this event.

I chose the slowest but most fun car (for me) in the field. The P4/5 Competitione. This car really lacks in straight-line-speed but is really agile and good on the brakes. I had some good moments into T1, defending against the faster cars. Sadly someone in a blue Ferrari and I tangled up in that chicane. But I think it was a race accident and we both could have given each other more room. If the other one (dont know who it was) thinks it was my mistake: Then I am sorry!

The rest of the race was defending my position. The only one I was able to overtake was Matyas Kone. :D ;)

I finished with a very satisfying 12th place!

@Matheus Machado
Well I'm (gladly) surprised to see that I was indeed in :alien: mode. :D

I must have found some working setup with this car.
And medium were the tyres, at 98% after 36 laps.

Despite the pleasant feeling to lead the race, I felt quiete alone all along.
So hopefully, it won't happened too often. (don't know if I should wish that...:cautious::))

Thx to all the lapped one, allowing me to keep that good pace:thumbsup:.
See you next.

@Matheus Machado

So hopefully, it won't happened too often. (don't know if I should wish that...:cautious::))

See you next.
The results tell me two things,
1) You are terrifyingly consistant
2) You did not lead all laps (noob :p)

@Matheus Machado

See you next.
At least I could make a better time in qualifying so I'm half alien... Pretty good evolution. And my tyres kept up to 98% too, so I guess our setups were pretty equal. Also justified by the difference in qualifying, thousandths of seconds, wow!

I was out on the medium-tyres and I made mistakenly but a pit stop.I would be driving trough better.The next time it will be better.Overall it was a very nice race for me.Also with the rolling start it worked almost perfectly of you all.Thanks for racing with you guys! :thumbsup:

Greets

Very fun race, just I chose wrong tyres, hard and in the first 10 laps I totally destroyed the first tyre and in straights always shakes my wheel and in the corners I lost my grip:( The rolling start was much better than a few weeks ago like this a prefer more rolling starts in the future.
Great race guys! Was anyone using hard tyres? I found myself at 99% with hard tyres at the end of the race. I didn't know that on a high-speed track like Monza tyres would last this long.
Yes, I also have 99%.

See you soon on the track! (SPA?:)

LOL I don't get the Spa enthusiasm. Sure it's a great track but don't people ever get tired of it? :p

So many great tracks to choose from(including mods) but it always seems to be either Spa, Nurbs, Monza or Imola... WHY?!?!?! :D

So many great tracks to choose from(including mods) but it always seems to be either Spa, Nurbs, Monza or Imola... WHY?!?!?! :D

because when we do things a little different (and believe me I have) we tend to find things that ruin the race experience. The amount of times I have tested a mod track extensively on hotlap and then in a clubrace someone will find a hole or a wall or something.

Also if the MOD track isn't a great conversion we are left with 7/8 sign ups and end up cancelling event.

and you ask yourself why?

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back