AC GT2 [1 Hour Race] @ Monza - Mon 26 Jan 2015

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
@Ricardo Umans , just wondering if you didn't forget me in the list ?
(post #30)
I wouldn't miss that one. :)
Thx.
Whoops my bad. Thanks for letting me know :)

@Christopher Boutmy You are currently on the reserves list, if there are still spots available in the last 5 minutes I will send you the password to join ;) (Or somebody signs out before the start of the event, then you will fill in for that driver)

Does someone know what setup is nice for the Corvette.. especially to keep this beast stable at hard braking? Please inform me, or give me some suggestions! ;)
At first, find a brake balance you're comfortable with, not always what fits the most will fit you, I usually use values 3% different than most of other people;) and keep in mind that in this car you can rarely keep 100-90% brake pressure for a long time, hit the brakes, then back off the pedal in a constant, smooth (sorry if it's a wrong term) motion as you approach the turn.

And @Ricardo Umans are we doing standing or rolling start? Beacuse things can get quite messy in that narrow first chicane, maybe the rolling start will help things get organized.

And @Ricardo Umans are we doing standing or rolling start? Beacuse things can get quite messy in that narrow first chicane, maybe the rolling start will help things get organized.
Point taken, but whoever sleeps during the rolling start can expect a shitload of dangerous divebombs into T1 causing just as much damage I guess, I do agree that cars are more spread out but we have to consider the higher speeds and longer brake distances as well.
I will enable tyre blankets so cold tyres will not be a problem.

Point taken, but whoever sleeps during the rolling start can expect a shitload of dangerous divebombs into T1 causing just as much damage I guess, I do agree that cars are more spread out but we have to consider the higher speeds and longer brake distances as well.
I will enable tyre blankets so cold tyres will not be a problem.
Yeah, but I think 4 or something overtakes are better than having a massive double line of cars with other ones coming from everywhere.

Yeah, but I think 4 or something overtakes are better than having a massive double line of cars with other ones coming from everywhere.
I am seriously in doubt what to do right now :p
It is either the rolling start, which can be considered easier, or the standing start which does put us in a position of having to be carefull.
My personal preference tells me a standing start is best, organisatory wise and practice wise. When the leagues start you have to be able to perform a proper standing start as well (and most likely also on Monza).
And given recent community activity on TS a rolling start is not really the best as well :p

I was so looking forward to this. I wanted to enjoy overtaking from last position, but when Race began, my FFB died. I tried restart and everything - nothing worked. I got it back after re-connecting but looks like I have been kicked, because race already began.

Too bad, maybe next time.

Last edited:
Guys I had a computerfreeze two times in a row, last 6 minutes in quali my screen frooze, restarted my computer, back ingame race had already begon for 2 minutes.. after a lap or 9 a freeze came up again.. don't know what's wrong but try to figure out what it is! Sry guys.. may the best alien ;) win!

Fun is King, but the King died on lap 8 when someone divebombed me entering 1st chicane. :thumbsdown: Shame as I had a good start to the race gaining 6-7 positions and was inching towards top 10, but was once again dropped to the bottom of the pack by overly aggressive move, same as with the Evoras on Nurb Sprint last week. Hence the little cussing on TS, sorry bout that. :rolleyes:

/ Got an apology via PM, all good.

Last edited:
Yep, guess who forgot that heavy fuel=low ride height? Me. Therefore there were many crashes on the curbs through Ascari. It then became a case of trying to Let people through fairly.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back