rF2 GT Week - Nissan GTR (GT1) & Chevrolet Corevette (GT2) @ Indianapolis - Friday 29th August 2014

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
tofay i had a nice race, i was able to survive the entire race in a car that i'm not very good with, my tires sufered a lot, another 10 minutes and i think i would have to stop for tires, but i made it :)
congratulations to the top3 in both classes and to those who finished :thumbsup:

regarding the start incident i just saw a cloud of smoke and looked for a gap to get through

I love this car. Never driven this track before yesterday. (well since F1 2004 anyway).
I was P6 in quali.
The start was a bit hectic but from my view of the replay it looked like when I bogged down in 1st gear (i'll practice more starts next time:redface:) 2 GT2 cars got a good start and went side by side for the gap inside the 2 GT1 cars on the grid and didnt quite make it. Result, big mess and SC. It was ugly but in my view no one was silly. They had a choice, either braked at the start to keep formation or they kept momentum and looked for a gap. The game punished all of us hard for a pretty slight touch when all on throttle. (Just my view, I am just a racer here).

The restart was again a bit hectic as cars battled unsighted into T1 and had contact. Maybe this time a little patience? its a 45 min race. If its a GT2 ahead of a GT1, 2 corners and you have him anyway.

Anyway my race. After the restart I got a run on the GT1 ahead of me entering the looooong main straight. I must have had less wing as I drove straight past.

After settling in I had @Dániel Veréczi on my gearbox for the start of a battle that lasted for I guess 18-19 laps. We were never more than 1 sec apart. Yuri got his drive thru and I think that maybe one person stopped for tyres at 1/2 dist and presto I was P3.
We seemed quite closely matched. The slightest of errors and he was on me, a nice sector and I had a tiny gap. I lost concentration for 1 corner and he was beside me and owned the apex. We drove side by side for a sector and he was through with poss 5 laps to go. Great hard clean racing It's what I come here for.
I watched for the gap to P5 but it was holding at 15 sec despite my worn tyres. Daniel pulled a small gap for 2 laps then the gap was getting smaller. I was on red tyres but the grip balance was OK. It looked like he might have had worse understeer than me and the gap was gone with a lap to go. Maybe I could get him?
We encountered a GT2 in the final lap and it toook a couple of corners to clear it. Daniels gap was back. We ended <1 sec apart.
That was great racing.
I was happy to be +36 sec to David Gronvalls after 45 mins and 24 laps or so and fighting for a podium here at RD.
Congrats to podium getters in both classes.
Thanks for racing.
Thanks to Gijs for all the work in these club races.

Last edited:
Sadly night for me, my PC doesn't want that I have fun :(
I had just make 1 lap in qualif when I had my first blue screen, restart and second just before starting RF2, ok.
But I can rejoin race before the start (not so bad I'm 5 and race will be long).
Good start, but SC come fast. During SC's lap my screen freeze, luckily it's on the start straight line and I trying to keep speed and trajectory but when display is ok I'm on the other side of raceway, that was just :p
During first lap after restart I loose the rear (?? like on oil, cold tire maybe),
okay I start a lift. I'm 5 when I take my thrid and last blue screen, YIPIKAI...

Thank for racing (there was good guys, I could have spent a good evening :( )
Thank Daiman ;)

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 291 15.2%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 203 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 198 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 144 7.5%
  • < 5 years