1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

EU GT Sprint @ Interlagos Historic 1980 - Thu 20th March 2014

Discussion in 'Automobilista Racing Club & Leagues' started by Rupe Wilson, Mar 15, 2014.

1. Rupe Wilson

Rupe Wilson
    Keep Yoga real Premium Member

[​IMG]

The Blancpain GT Series makes it's way to Race Department!

Download the Mod here.
    Install Instructions here.
    Server: RACEDEPARTMENT.COM BES
    Track: Interlagos Historic 1980

Here are the available cars for the event. Pick a different one for each race.

Aston Martin Vantage, Audi R8 LMS, BMW Z4, Chevrolet Corvette Z06, Ferrari 458 Italia, Ferrari F430,
    Ford GT, Lamborghini Gallardo, McLaren MP4-12C, Mercedes SLS AMG, Nissan GT-R GT3,
    Porsche 997 CupR

Race 1:
    Practice:
    20:00 GMT
    Qualifying: 20:15 GMT 10 minute Super pole 3 laps (1x out lap 1x fast lap & an in-lap)
    Warm up: 3 minutes
    Race 1: 20 mins

Leave server and rejoin with a different car!

Race 2:
    Practice:
    20:55 GMT
    Qualifying: 21:10 GMT 10 minute Super pole 3 laps (1x out lap 1x fast lap & an in-lap )
    Warm up: 3 minutes
    Race 2 : 20 mins

You can join for any number of races, or join in for just a single race. Please indicate which races you'll attend when you sign up.

Server password: click here
    Racing rules: click here

Let's fill up the grid! You can ask other drivers to practice or race with you by using the tag function of the forum. Just type an @ directly followed by the user name and this person will receive a notification.

Our racing clubs are foremost meant to gain online experience so please help other drivers out when they have questions about the event, the car, the track, the setup or a combination. This is not a league race, it's for some fun, so please join us on TeamSpeak and build a little community spirit!

1. Steven Scott
    2. Troy Barman
    3. Jan Kokemüller
    4. Julian Dietz
    5. Dion Vais
    6. Franklin Stegink
    7. Joao Fernandes
    8. Sven-Arne Andersson
    9. Driver
    10. Driver
    11. Driver
    12. Driver
    13. Driver
    14. Driver
    Example of track limits for a track

Last edited: Mar 20, 2014
  2. I'll give it a shot.

3. Im in for probably the first race only.

4. Please sign me up.

5. I would love to try this out. Is it possible to relink the racing rules as I am unfamiliar with racing club or any type of online racing league. I'm pretty new to all of this.

6. Rupe Wilson

Rupe Wilson

Hi @Matthias Van Oyen

First you need a free racing licence found HERE.
    Then you will also see the server and t/speak passwords
    When applying for your licence you will see all the rules in that section.

See you on track :thumbsup:

7. pls sign me up

8. I think I will be able to race

9. Franklin Stegink

Franklin Stegink
    Premium Member

I am in.

10. Joao Fernandes

Joao Fernandes
    Premium Member

Sign me up

11. Is it acceptable to cross the white line before the pit entry, before it splits up into two lines? I propose we do it like in F1, where only the part marked in the picture here is forbidden.

12. Tbh I was wondering about that too Jan. But how can we be sure everyone knows about it and no one will do it since gsc doesn't penalize you. Heck AI does it all the time

The right thing would be to not cross it but maybe a case where half the grid crosses it will arise for numerous reasons. It's better for everyone to do than having an unfair race tbh. I am not familiar how RD resolves such issues

13. Rupe Wilson

Rupe Wilson

As in all RACEDEPARTMENT club events, the white line donates your track limits do not cross this line with more than 2 wheels.
    the same rule applies to a pit entry line.

in the pictures below you can see the max you can take your car over the white line anybody driving there car inside the white line is either going into the pits or cheating, and needs to be reported as this goes against the ethos of club racing. You have been warned. :)
    if you run over the white lines by accident you need to lift of the gas so not to gain and advantage, anybody driving outside the white lines with all 4 wheels and using it as a overtaking opportunity should be reported.

we also have this for track limits around a track as a example Click ME
    as seen i the main club post at the bottom
    when you signed up for a licence there was also a set of rules on display..

1.jpg 2.jpg 3.jpg 4.jpg

hope this help guys have fun on track :)

Last edited: Mar 20, 2014
    • Like Like x 4
  14. Thanks, that clears it up then. I just thought we should maybe make an exception for this line, as it is done in F1. But considering the whole white line as the track limit is probably even better -- less confusion if someone enters the pit or not. It would be great if we didn't need the "entering for pits" messages this time.

15. Sven-Arne Andersson

Sven-Arne Andersson
    Premium Member

Sign me up please.

16. Rupe Wilson

Rupe Wilson

As far as i know that is only used for the Endurance style events and not needed for general club events.
    There is no need either for thankyou's and sorry in a club race, you show this by waiting if you knock somebody off track or tap them..
    no flashing of headlights either.

in practice you can say your hello's and small talk for example.

Once your in qually there is no typing until the session is over for all cars.
    once in the race there should be no need to type at all . after the race is over for all cars then you can start the typing again.

Divers on t/speak
    Talk in practice make a fun night of it
    But
    no talking in qually at all
    And in the race only race related talk, to help guys if needed .. "ive crashed at turn 1 watch out"
    no swearing at the fact you have crashed for example or being crashed into
    mute your mic if you find yourself doing this out of frustration.;)

But get a feel for t/speak with the guys around you if taking is accepted among all you guys then ok but if a guys asks you to be quiet please do so in the race respect all drivers at all times.
    Dont forget its supposed to be about 2 hours of fun so enjoy it, its not the end of the world if things do go as planned:)

17. Rupe Wilson

Rupe Wilson

Server is up

• Love Love x 1
  18. Morne Du Plooy

Morne Du Plooy
    Premium Member

Hi. Please sign me up, if it's not too late :) thanks.

19. Sign me up too please.

20. Joao Fernandes

Joao Fernandes
    Premium Member

This one didn't go so well. :(

Race 1 couldn't avoid the other car that spun and crashed right into is side. Sorry about that. It was the end of my race.

Race 2 my ffb stopped working so it was very hard to drive. I decided to retire.

In the end it was a good practice for the endurance race. Let's hope for better luck. :(