1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

EU GT Sprint @ Balcarce - Sat 24 May 2014

Discussion in 'Automobilista Racing Club & Leagues' started by Nox, May 15, 2014.

1. Nox

Nox
    Staff Premium Member

[​IMG]

Download the Mod here.
    Install Instructions here.

Track: Balcarce (No Chicane)
    [​IMG]

Here are the available cars for the event. Pick a different one for each race.

Aston Martin Vantage
    Audi R8 LMS
    BMW Z4
    Chevrolet Corvette Z06
    Ferrari 458 Italia
    Ferrari F430
    Ford GT
    Lamborghini Gallardo
    McLaren MP4-12C
    Mercedes SLS AMG
    Nissan GT-R GT3
    Porsche 997 CupR

Race 1
    Practice:
    19:00 GMT
    Qualifying: 19:15 GMT
    Warm up: 19:25 GMT (3 minutes)
    Race 1: 19:30 GMT (20 mins)

Leave server and rejoin with a different car!

Race 2
    Practice:
    19:55 GMT
    Qualifying: 20:10 GMT
    Warm up: 20:20 GMT (3 minutes)
    Race 2 : 20:25 GMT (20 mins)

You can join for any number of races, or join in for just a single race. Please indicate which races you'll attend when you sign up.

Server password: click here
    Racing rules: click here

Let's fill up the grid! You can ask other drivers to practice or race with you by using the tag function of the forum. Just type an @ directly followed by the user name and this person will receive a notification.

Our racing clubs are foremost meant to gain online experience so please help other drivers out when they have questions about the event, the car, the track, the setup or a combination. This is not a league race, it's for some fun, so please join us on TeamSpeak and build a little community spirit!

Example of track limits for a track.

1. Joao Fernandes
    2. Andres Redondo
    3. Srinath Sundareswaran
    4. Tobias Liesaus
    5. Theo van den Brink

Last edited: May 24, 2014
  2. Joao Fernandes

Joao Fernandes
    Premium Member

Sign me in. :thumbsup:

3. PaulH

PaulH
    Premium Member

Sign me up plz :thumbsup:

4. sign me up, please!

5. Sign me up

6. i am in

7. Theo van den Brink

Theo van den Brink
    tyzje Premium Member

sign me up please.

8. PaulH

PaulH
    Premium Member

Cant make it tonight, sign me out plz

9. Nox

Nox
    Staff Premium Member

It's really sad to see how we've gone from 30 people on a grid of GT cars down to 5 in just a couple of weeks. Let's hope things improve again (I think the events next week might be enticing!) Thank you everyone who signed up for continuing to support the club.

And sorry to be absent with such low numbers but I can't make it today as I'm just plain exhausted after a hectic day. Please vote to quali when it is time (and only then) and if you spin in lap 1, please please don't just quit and give up. It's even more important with low numbers. Get back on track - others make mistakes too and there's still a chance for some quality racing even if it isn't for first place. And there's always race 2 only 20 minutes later.

Have a good one, and sorry again for my absence.

10. Joao Fernandes

Joao Fernandes
    Premium Member

It was a nice race. :thumbsup:

Race 1 had the pole but had a bad start and Andres took the lead. After a few laps battling with him i had a big crash into the pits. Took heavy damage and a penalty for speeding in the pits(it wasn't like i could avoid it) :D
    Anyway i continued an made it to the finish in third.

Race 2 only three people but more interesting race. Again started first and stayed there until the checkered flag. Since Andres was a few seconds behind i couldn't rest and had to maintain a fast pace while managing the tires.

It's sad to see these GT races loosing people. It may not be the best mod but it is fun to drive and we have several cars to choose.

• Like Like x 3
  11. Bez

Bez
    All the gear, no idea...

i revisited this blancpain mod tonight and it feels like a lot of the gsce car mods in that the feedback from the car is very limited, seems like once the car gets upto speed im loosing all sense of grip/weight...is this just the way this mod feels or do i need to alter some settings?
    has anyone tried the FIA GT3 2010 mod? not as many cars to choose from but the ffb/car feel is pretty much on par with the games stock content.

Last edited: May 25, 2014
    • Agree Agree x 2
  12. Great and my best races!
    In the race 1 i took the lead in the start, I started to push hard because joao was pushing me until joao joao erred. From there got the rhythm and I checked the distance with srinath until the checkered flag.

In the race 2 i started badly lagging behind srinath and joao pulled me over 3 seconds. i overtook srinath and started to pull very hard, cutting the distance with joao something and hoping to joao made a mistake but this did not happen. In the final stretch i was already problems with the tires and joao took more advantage. i finished second ahead of srinath.

Incredible races and a shame that more people did not participate. Congrats Joao and Srinath

• Like Like x 2
  13. Had fun :)...thanks Joao and Andres