1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

GT Sport @ Zandvoort - Mon February 15th 2010

Discussion in 'RACE 07 Racing Club & Leagues' started by Yves Larose, Feb 9, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Yves Larose

Yves Larose
    Premium Member

Servername: RaceDepartment.com #4
    Class: GT-Sport
    Track: Zandvoort
    Weather: Dry
    Practice: 30 minutes ( 20:00 GMT )
    Qualification: 30 minutes
    Warmup: 10 minutes
    Race: 2 x 15 laps
    Notes: Click here to read the password and golden rules!
  2. Yves Larose

Yves Larose
    Premium Member

Entry list:
    1. Péter Bártfai
    2. Freddie Besems
    3. Ant Creasy
    4. Bert van Jaarsveldt
    5. Stefan Beemsterboer
    6. Driver
    7. Driver
    8. Driver
    9. Driver
    10. Driver
    11. Driver
    12. Driver
    13. Driver
    14. Driver
    15. Driver
    16. Driver
    17. Driver
    18. Driver
    19. Driver
    20. Driver
    21. Driver
    22. Driver
    23. Driver
    24. Driver
    25. Ross McGregor (maybe)
  3. I like Zandvoort, count me in!
  4. to start my new season, please count me in.
  5. Ross McGregor

Ross McGregor
    Premium Member

i'm a maybe for this one again!
  6. Ok count me in, this time I have time to practice. Let's see if someone can beat Yves this time :tongue:
  7. Yves Larose

Yves Larose
    Premium Member

i won't be joining this time i have an Arca league race that day

8. I am on leave so the 0600 start for me should be ok. Count me in.
  9. one more sign up!
  10. Thanks guys. A small grid but it was fun. Had an ok first race. Had trouble with the brake bias and spun out before I could adjust it. Got knocked off the track in flying fashion in the second race and ended up with suspension failure. But that's racing. Looking forward to the next one!
  11. Thx Yves and RD for the event!

Race 1: Started 2nd, passed Ant at T1, he and Michal came right behind me for a few laps when Ant made a mistake. Then a few laps passed and I spun in T3 letting Michal by. Pushed hard and I managed to catch him, he made a little mistake at the back section of the track and I've tried to pass him on the inside. Then I was on the outside of the next turn where we arrived side by side. He spun at the exit and from then I only had to be careful not making a mistake again. Won the race.

Race 2: Start was ok, followed Michal, then I think he hit Freddie and all became chaos in a moment! While regaining control I accidentally hit Ant who was also spinning ahead of me (caught up by the incident). I decided to wait for him as I think I made his situation worse. Then after he passed, I made a few corners and noticed that my car doesn't really want to turn. Retired.
  12. couple of nice fights! shame of race 2.
    Overall i had lots of fun....goodnight all
  13. Race 1:

Had some close racing with Ross and Stefan. It was a very nice battle and dont remember anymore. but it got me 2nd place for starting the 2nd race.

Race 2:

Ross on pole, me 2nd. And went for a run for the Tarzan corner. (it was already a quick start) But then i got a little push from a car that was even quicker.

It was oke for my car but not for some cars behind me. (a saw 2 cars flying/flip over in my mirrors)

Could follow Ross for a moment but was a little bit distracted by what happened and leaving from some fellow racers. So i did not managed to stay on track and lost to much time on Ross. (already 8 seconds)

Ross did well and could even got away for more seconds. Since i was battling with Stefan for 2nd place.

Stefan and i had some close moments and we raced together the whole race seeing Ross ending in 1st place in what i believe was about 28 seconds.

Thx guys for the race and see you next one.
  14. Ross McGregor

Ross McGregor
    Premium Member

Race 1: started from the back, heading into T1 i tagged the back of Bert. (very sorry, i didn;t think i was braking late at the time) Waited for him and was dead last. Had a good race-long battle with Stefan & Freddie, but still finished last of the 6 finishers.

Race 2: started from reverse-grid pole, clean start around the outside of Freddie- chaos behind- manage to build up and maintain a gap over 2nd & 3rd, and take my first RD win. Sory i didn't drop back to have a battle guys, but i had to make sure of that first victory! Big shame about the number of drop-outs, especially those in race 1.
  15. I hope you didn't mind me dropping by, was pretty bored :)
  16. I want to apologize for the collision at start of Race 2, really sorry to everyone... The problem was, that I didn't know, that track is narrowed down around the pit wall. I tried to overtake Freddie, so I was right between Freddie's car and the pit wall. In the race, I thought that Freddie went closer to me, but now, when I watched replay, I know, that Fredie went straight, and it was the pit wall, which was closer and closer.

So sorry again to Ant, Péter, Freddie,... it was my mistake.

But Race 1 was very good, very nice racing.

Thank you Yves and RD :smile:

Attached Files:

17. wow, scary moment! but where are the others guys?? who was flying around........
  18. Michal,

no worries mate. Very good picture by the way, i didnt known that also the track narrows. And i spent already some time on this virtual track.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.