1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

GT Sport @ Thunder Forest Loop - Monday- August 2nd, 2010

Discussion in 'RACE 07 Racing Club & Leagues' started by Eric Nelson, Jul 27, 2010.

1. [​IMG]

Servername: RACEDEPARTMENT USGT

Class: GT-Sport

Weather: Dry

Start Time: 21:45 EST / 18:45 WST / 01:45 GMT (Tuesday)

Practice: open server

Qualification: 15mins (9:45 EST)

Warmup: 10mins

Race: 2x35 mins w/ a mandatory stop for tires

Notes: Click here to read the password and golden rules!

We have a fresh, new way of reporting and punishing incidents in the Racing Club, using an infractions system - read more here

You are actively encouraged to use this system - we like to keep driving standards high - so if you feel you were wronged in any way during an event simply send the event organiser a private message detailing the incident including a youtube video. Do not post reports/accusations in the thread itself - negativity and anger gets us nowhere.

2. Thunder Forest Loop? Yeah its a man made scratch creation by a Kiwi author so it qualified for the Aus/NZ national week! It's not easy to find a decent track for the GT cars but this should be a hoot!

Can you say Roller Coaster? It's a ride!!!!!!

PLease note the change in race format this week!

3. Entry List:

1. Eric Nelson
    2. Jarrod Keen
    3. Stefan Werner
    4. Eric Estes
    5. Glenn Peterson
    6. Keith Barrick
    7. Eric Dennis
    8. Adam Vaughan
    9. Peter BArtfai
    10. Peter Ross
    11. Yves Larose
    12. Sam Mehler
    13. KOray Can
    14. Glen Kabis
    15. driver
    16. driver
    17. driver
    18. driver
    19. driver
    20. driver
    21. driver
    22. driver
    23. driver
    24. driver
    25. driver

4. Sticking with the sports, we usually alternate? Count me in.

5. Maybe we could run the GT Club cars sometime as well. They would be great on some of the smaller tracks. Any ways, count me in.

6. I'm in for GT whatever!

7. Glenn Petersen

Glenn Petersen
    Premium Member

I'm in

8. Go ahead and try the PRO cars on this track.................can you say "i driving a mIssile?":tongue:

9. Yes indeeeeeeeeeeeeed!

10. I'll be home for this one count me in.

11. 2 tires or 4? (and is there a mandatory caution for a midnight snack? :D )

12. LOL Eric I do not believe we can specify 2 or 4 tires in the server setup menu.

Th event should run about 11 mins more than usual per race so you are finishing around 11:25 EDT.

13. Will be there!!

14. How's prep going here boys? I have hit a 1.20.5 in the mosler. Tried the bmw and I can't seem to keep up with my mosler ghost lap in the bmw in the last quarter of the track. I think I've got maybe another second or so in me in the mosler as that lap wasn't the cleanest. What are you boys finding? How's the vette?

15. lol... I have downloaded the track, that's about as far as I got so far. :)

16. Stefan, it's a really fun track and should be fun to drive. Wish we had way more drivers. Maybe we'll still get our usual crew.

17. I am sure we will get a few more by Monday. I would expect a similar sized grid as last time.

18. (update) - Got it running. In the reverse of normal - extracting to the locations folder worked where copying the folder from my download drive to the game drive did not - curious.

I can't load the track on my main machine - getting minidumped whether local practice or onto the dedi server. (Did load fine on my dedicated server machine, though)

Initially running 1:22's (Mosler/Spyker) with a lot of room for improvement, especially in setup - still bottoming a couple of places and could carry more speed through 5 & 6. Thinking of setting up severely assymetric just for right turns and throwing away the banked left. Race-wise, I think keeping it in one piece is going to be the trick. If you get unsettled and even tap the barrels on the left coming onto the frontstretch - you're toast. Lots of wall to eat you here.

19. Glad your finding some fun in the track! It was a BEAST in a PRO car.

I was thinking it'd be great in a touring car!

20. What's your times Eric? What cars are you guys driving for monday?