GT Sport GT Sport Sound Previews, Pistop Animations and Damage!

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
GT Sport.jpg

As GT Sport comes ever closer to a public release we check out plenty of new footage of the game, with an interesting on-board at Bathurst, an impressive sound comparison and... animated pitstops!

Bathurst Gameplay
Polyphony Digital CEO and original GT creator Kazunori Yamauchi said to IGN "Mount Panorama is one of the few circuits in the world that caters to the driver, being fun to drive with lots of ups and downs much like the Nürburgring. It is also a track that has unique and beautiful scenery around it, equal to that of Le Mans or Monaco. This is the reason why I decided to include Mount Panorama in Gran Turismo.

The difference from other titles regarding Mount Panorama also means the difference of Gran Turismo Sport as a whole from other titles, and the difference of Gran Turismo Sport and other titles is very simple: it’s the quality. We aim to achieve the highest quality in the world, consistently throughout the game from its visuals, physics, and all parts involving its large variety of features".

Audio in Gran Turismo has been at the centre of much criticism from both fans and media over the past few years, and with Polyphony seemingly looking at almost every angle in an effort to engage fans and improve the series over previous iterations, it appears that sound has come in for a bit of a working over for this new title. Check out this interesting comparison from IGN -

GT Sport Sounds Comparison (via IGN)
Furthermore, with the recent E3 Gaming event over and done with, the below footage of Gran Turismo Sport in action has surfaced in recent days and appears to show both animated pitstops and... damage! Now exactly how much damage can be incurred in the game, and if the cars with show visual effects of accidents remain to be seen. Surely as a release draws closer towards the end of the year more info will be made available by Polyphony Digital.

Pitstop Sequence (via YouTube user aderrrm3)

As with many of the current crop of racing games for console and PC, the new Gran Turismo game will feature the likes of many top brands such as Porsche, Ferrari and Mercedes as well as an official affiliation with the governing body of motorsport, the FIA.

The game is expected to launch with around 140 cars and 19 tracks (27 layouts), including seriously epic locations in the form of the monster Nordschleife and British iconic track Brands Hatch. Loose surface dirt tracks also make an appearance in GT Sport with the inclusion of the imaginatively titled "Dirt Track" that takes players from the Rocky Mountains to the Mexican border in America's Midwest. Polyphony promises the new off road location to have plenty of elevation changes to keep sideways sliding fans happily entertained.

The game looks like one of the biggest and most impressive racing series produced by the Japanese developers to date, and should hopefully prove to be something of a hit with fans once it reaches our shelves later this year.

Gran Turismo Sport will release exclusively for Sony PlayStation 4 during the fall of 2017.

To keep abreast of all the news and discussions regarding the hotly anticipated Gran Turismo Sport release don't forget to check out our Gran Turismo Sport sub forum and join in with the community eagerly anticipating the next blockbuster release from Polyphony Digital.

Like the look of GT Sport so far? Excited to see the improvements made to the series since the last release? Let us know in the comments section below!

Finally starting to see animated pit stops, long overdue. However, I just think this game is dead on arrival for most people, unless you are a die hard GT fan. There are much better current titles, and even better titles about to be released. I don't even know if this is competing with the likes of Forza, or competing with the more serious sims out there. And the sound is absolutely terrible. Pretty disappointed so far.

Polyphony isnt good at making sounds i see, they should contract experienced people in doing great sounds because now, the graphics looks great but the fact that you are driving a V8 and in the cockpit sounds like an Formula E, its just awfull.

Someone can answer what in the flying hell is that sound during the shift changes in the GT-R? Jesus it sounds like someone keeps opening and closing those hangar bay doors you or those silo door frames you see in movies.

There is a noticeable sound when it changes gear, but it's not that one.

I find it so be sad that even Kazunori Yamauchi drove this car at the Nurburgring, PD STILL can't do sounds to save their lives.

I've always loved that sound GT3 GTRs make when changing gears, but this is completely wrong. Also, how the thumbs are positioned over the steering wheel is quite odd. I would like to keep on ranting, but I'm not even going to buy this game. So, whatever.

Either the AI strength is set too low and/or the games slipstream programing is set too strong because the human driver easily passes the AI on straights. I also don't see the AI making better use of a blocking line as we can observe the human can take advantage on nearly every turn with a easy pass!

The ai is probably the same as in gt5. I played gt5 a lot and the ai did very peculiar things in certain corners and the ai in gt sport does exactly the same kind of moves. One example is the weaving all over the place on nordschleife after the flugplatz. Plus the ai in gran turismos has always been super slow.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 313 15.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 215 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 211 10.4%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 157 7.7%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 273 13.4%