• “Just being a mediocre driver has never been my ambition. That's not my style” ― Michael Schumacher
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Have a chance to win a copy of F1 2017 The Game (PC) by following RaceDepartment on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Twitch, Steam and / or YouTube.

GT Sport Sound Previews, Pistop Animations and Damage!

Discussion in 'Gran Turismo Sport' started by Paul Jeffrey, Jul 4, 2017.

1. Paul Jeffrey

Paul Jeffrey
    RaceDepartment Editor-in-Chief Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +12,370
    GT Sport.jpg
    As GT Sport comes ever closer to a public release we check out plenty of new footage of the game, with an interesting on-board at Bathurst, an impressive sound comparison and... animated pitstops!

Bathurst Gameplay

Polyphony Digital CEO and original GT creator Kazunori Yamauchi said to IGN "Mount Panorama is one of the few circuits in the world that caters to the driver, being fun to drive with lots of ups and downs much like the Nürburgring. It is also a track that has unique and beautiful scenery around it, equal to that of Le Mans or Monaco. This is the reason why I decided to include Mount Panorama in Gran Turismo.

The difference from other titles regarding Mount Panorama also means the difference of Gran Turismo Sport as a whole from other titles, and the difference of Gran Turismo Sport and other titles is very simple: it’s the quality. We aim to achieve the highest quality in the world, consistently throughout the game from its visuals, physics, and all parts involving its large variety of features".

Audio in Gran Turismo has been at the centre of much criticism from both fans and media over the past few years, and with Polyphony seemingly looking at almost every angle in an effort to engage fans and improve the series over previous iterations, it appears that sound has come in for a bit of a working over for this new title. Check out this interesting comparison from IGN -

GT Sport Sounds Comparison (via IGN)

Furthermore, with the recent E3 Gaming event over and done with, the below footage of Gran Turismo Sport in action has surfaced in recent days and appears to show both animated pitstops and... damage! Now exactly how much damage can be incurred in the game, and if the cars with show visual effects of accidents remain to be seen. Surely as a release draws closer towards the end of the year more info will be made available by Polyphony Digital.

Pitstop Sequence (via YouTube user aderrrm3)

As with many of the current crop of racing games for console and PC, the new Gran Turismo game will feature the likes of many top brands such as Porsche, Ferrari and Mercedes as well as an official affiliation with the governing body of motorsport, the FIA.

The game is expected to launch with around 140 cars and 19 tracks (27 layouts), including seriously epic locations in the form of the monster Nordschleife and British iconic track Brands Hatch. Loose surface dirt tracks also make an appearance in GT Sport with the inclusion of the imaginatively titled "Dirt Track" that takes players from the Rocky Mountains to the Mexican border in America's Midwest. Polyphony promises the new off road location to have plenty of elevation changes to keep sideways sliding fans happily entertained.

The game looks like one of the biggest and most impressive racing series produced by the Japanese developers to date, and should hopefully prove to be something of a hit with fans once it reaches our shelves later this year.

Gran Turismo Sport will release exclusively for Sony PlayStation 4 during the fall of 2017.

To keep abreast of all the news and discussions regarding the hotly anticipated Gran Turismo Sport release don't forget to check out our Gran Turismo Sport sub forum and join in with the community eagerly anticipating the next blockbuster release from Polyphony Digital.

Like the look of GT Sport so far? Excited to see the improvements made to the series since the last release? Let us know in the comments section below!

• Like Like x 2
  2. Mantii

Mantii
    "The speed was ok, but corner too tight." Premium

Ratings:
    +47
    Finally starting to see animated pit stops, long overdue. However, I just think this game is dead on arrival for most people, unless you are a die hard GT fan. There are much better current titles, and even better titles about to be released. I don't even know if this is competing with the likes of Forza, or competing with the more serious sims out there. And the sound is absolutely terrible. Pretty disappointed so far.

• Agree Agree x 4
  3. samcar304

samcar304
    Premium

Ratings:
    +344
    Whilst the sound is "better" its still awful compared to what other games/sims have managed...

• Agree Agree x 9
  4. Bozz.gee

Bozz.gee

Ratings:
    +338
    What on earth is that horrible clacking sound for the gear changes?!

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Haha Haha x 2
  5. Lorenzo Bonder

Lorenzo Bonder
    Wah wah. Premium

Ratings:
    +1,810
    Someone can answer what in the flying hell is that sound during the shift changes in the GT-R? Jesus it sounds like someone keeps opening and closing those hangar bay doors you or those silo door frames you see in movies.

• Haha Haha x 7
    • Agree Agree x 2
  6. Shad3R

Shad3R

Ratings:
    +105
    Polyphony isnt good at making sounds i see, they should contract experienced people in doing great sounds because now, the graphics looks great but the fact that you are driving a V8 and in the cockpit sounds like an Formula E, its just awfull.

• Agree Agree x 3
  7. Azure Flare

Azure Flare
    Forever a backmarker Premium

Ratings:
    +467
    There is a noticeable sound when it changes gear, but it's not that one.

I find it so be sad that even Kazunori Yamauchi drove this car at the Nurburgring, PD STILL can't do sounds to save their lives.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. Karlpeg

Karlpeg

Ratings:
    +21
    hmmm so that is the sound of slick tyres? ok
    What about that gearbox? Looks like they need to check the oil.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Lorenzo Bonder

Lorenzo Bonder
    Wah wah. Premium

Ratings:
    +1,810
    Ok makes sense for the shifters clacker sounds on the cockpit, but I agree it's all wrong. It's sounds much louder and weirder than what it is.

10. Óscar Melero

Óscar Melero
    Premium

Ratings:
    +108
    Gear sound: clap.mp3

• Haha Haha x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  11. PaulH

PaulH
    Premium

Ratings:
    +838
    Pitstop animation looks stunning, but the sounds........:O_o::poop:

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. Bozz.gee

Bozz.gee

Ratings:
    +338
    Crying. Ha

13. Boby Kim

Boby Kim

Ratings:
    +351
    Jeeeej...damage..I like damage...LOTS OF DAMAAAAGE. I only race to see damage...damage here....damage there..."Have u been damaged today?"....kids:cautious:

• Sad Sad x 1
  14. Maximiliano

Maximiliano

Ratings:
    +68
    I've always loved that sound GT3 GTRs make when changing gears, but this is completely wrong. Also, how the thumbs are positioned over the steering wheel is quite odd. I would like to keep on ranting, but I'm not even going to buy this game. So, whatever.

• Haha Haha x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. Rado Kingo

Rado Kingo

Ratings:
    +12
    Sounds better than previous GTs, but......sounds horrible.....sorry Polyphony.
    This is how it should be:

• Like Like x 3
    • Love Love x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  16. badash199

badash199
    Premium

Ratings:
    +1
    Sounds like my vacuum cleaner...

• Haha Haha x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Angry Angry x 1
  17. Ace King

Ace King

Ratings:
    +77
    Either the AI strength is set too low and/or the games slipstream programing is set too strong because the human driver easily passes the AI on straights. I also don't see the AI making better use of a blocking line as we can observe the human can take advantage on nearly every turn with a easy pass!

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. Ghoults

Ghoults

Ratings:
    +233
    The ai is probably the same as in gt5. I played gt5 a lot and the ai did very peculiar things in certain corners and the ai in gt sport does exactly the same kind of moves. One example is the weaving all over the place on nordschleife after the flugplatz. Plus the ai in gran turismos has always been super slow.

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. Markkoenig

Markkoenig

Ratings:
    +6
    This Bathurst track is a lot smoother there than I remember it.

20. Knoxstar

Knoxstar

Ratings:
    +69
    I got weirded-out (not a word?) watching me being watched in the video by some dude in a suit I think.