1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

GT Sport @ Sebring International 12 hour - Monday- July 26th , 2010

Discussion in 'RACE 07 Racing Club & Leagues' started by Eric Nelson, Jul 22, 2010.

1. [​IMG]

Servername: RACEDEPARTMENT USGT

Class: GT-Sport

Weather: Dry

Start Time: 21:45 EST / 18:45 WST / 01:45 GMT (Tuesday)

Practice: open server

Qualification: 15mins (9:45 EST)

Warmup: 10mins

Race: 2x13 laps

Notes: Click here to read the password and golden rules!

We have a fresh, new way of reporting and punishing incidents in the Racing Club, using an infractions system - read more here

You are actively encouraged to use this system - we like to keep driving standards high - so if you feel you were wronged in any way during an event simply send the event organiser a private message detailing the incident including a youtube video. Do not post reports/accusations in the thread itself - negativity and anger gets us nowhere.

2. Sebring in a real GT machine! No more needs to be said..................

3. Entry List:

1. Eric Nelson
    2. Eric Estes
    3. Larry Stovall
    4. Glenn Petersen
    5. Keith Barrick
    6. Will Marquez
    7. Jarrod Keen
    8. Stefan Werner
    9. Adam Vaughan
    10. Eric Dennis
    11. Sam Mehler
    12. Yves Larose
    13. Bill Kaiser
    14. Bob Luneski
    15. driver
    16. driver
    17. driver
    18. driver
    19. driver
    20. driver
    21. driver
    22. driver
    23. driver
    24. driver
    25. Willie Watt

4. Yes, please, may I have another.

5. LOL are you looking over my shoulder while I type it out? Quickest sign up in history

6. I'm actually still at work - popped on to take a quick look.

This combo will be guaranteed fun!

7. Don;t miss the Sunday event here in the Saleen!

8. Be there if I can be!

One of these days I'll try something other than the 'Vette. Don't know if it'll be this week though.

9. I put up a little practice server. Pick your poison.

10. Glenn Petersen

Glenn Petersen
    Premium Member

hmmmm. I'll be there.

11. Guess I'd better say yes. Glenn, I'm coming for you.

12. Glenn Petersen

Glenn Petersen
    Premium Member

I'm expecting to see you there, Jarrod, - In my rearview mirror! HA!

13. Ok ok! Sign me up please.

Can I cut off the roof so I can make my GT Sport into an "open wheeler"?? lol :)

14. Oh you know ill be there, gotta make up for the event at Silverstone :)

15. Sounds like Spyker for you! (no roof)

16. Unless your mirror is a front view mirror, don't expect to see me! lol

17. So, what are you driving? Care to speculate what should be the strong cars at this track? This is all part of the fun for me. Since I'm not exactly bringing home the hardware every week..... I guess I need stimulation some other way (no comments please) My thoughts are for this track that the Vette will be the car to beat here with the BMW looking pretty strong too as it generally seems a bit more stable and almost as powerful. There is probably too much straightaway track for the mosler to sneak a win here. But that Mosler is quite the technical track guru isn't it??? It was making almost a half second in the turns at mosport until that long straight where it gave it all back!!!

I confess that I know almost nothing about the other 4 cars in this class other than I know someone always shows up in the spyker with the top down, and that I tested the Seat at Mosport and it was quite competitive as it had plenty of power too!!! Where are those stats on this class of car? I'll see if I can provide a link.

See list below and don't hesitate to join the discussion on strengths/weaknesses. And of course add in Sebring to the discussion.

GT Sport

18. http://www.racedepartment.com/gtr-evolution/32909-one-best-gt-sports-2.html

I can't seem to find the technical performance data on this or any gt class and would like to have that as a link in the intro to each week's race. If someone has it, post it hear please. The link above was a discussion that Eric and I had with others here at RD regarding observations on this GT Sport class. Enjoy.

19. http://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/gtr-evolution-misc-6/gt-sport-data-1171/

eh hem...............^^^^^^^^

The vette is always tough to beat and the fact that the top guys always drive it in both class' adds to the mystique. I ran a quick test to determine lap count for the race and ran a 2:08 and there is more time to be had in the BImmer for sure. maybe 2 seconds actually.

So while the vette is the darling of the big boys, you really do look classy in the Bimmer and it gets the better quality girls in the paddock!

20. This will be my first race after a short my little break from sim racing this week. :)

May a propose a change to the format for this event though. Sebring is known in the world of GT's for the endurance race which are held there. Maybe instead of doing 2x13 laps we could do something like 1x40mins with forced pit? Just a thought. :)