1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

GT Sport / Porsche 997 / Ferrari F430 @ Monza 1970 - Sunday - August 15th , 2010

Discussion in 'RACE 07 Racing Club & Leagues' started by Eric Nelson, Aug 10, 2010.

1. [​IMG]

Track: 1970 Monza

Weather: Dry

Start Time: 21:45 EDT / 18:45 PDT / 01:45 GMT (Monday)

Practice: open server

Qualification: 15mins (9:45 EST)

Warmup: 10mins

Race: 2x16 laps

Notes: Click here to read the password and golden rules!

We have a fresh, new way of reporting and punishing incidents in the Racing Club, using an infractions system - read more here

You are actively encouraged to use this system - we like to keep driving standards high - so if you feel you were wronged in any way during an event simply send the event organiser a private message detailing the incident including a youtube video. Do not post reports/accusations in the thread itself - negativity and anger gets us nowhere.
  2. The old configuration of Monza before they installed all those silly chicanes to slow down the cars! Well we care about your safety too so we decided to run the Sports class rather than the Pro class for this one!

So help us kick off Italian Week with a race at the world famous Autodromo Nacionale di Monza!

Built in Villa Reale park, north of Monza,[5] a woodland setting,[4] the site has three tracks –
    The first track was built from May[5][7] to July 1922[4][5] by 3,500 workers,[5][7] financed by the Milan Automobile Club[5][7] – which created the Società Incremento Automobilismo e Sport (SIAS) (English: Automobile Sport and Encouragement Company)[5] to run the track. The initial form was a 3.4 square kilometres (1.31 sq mi)[5] site with 10 kilometres (6.2 mi)[5] of macadamised road – comprising a 4.5 kilometres (2.80 mi) loop track,[5][7] and a 5.5 kilometres (3.42 mi) road track.[5][7] The track was officially opened on 3 September 1922,[5] with the second Italian Grand Prix held on 10 September 1922.[5]
  3. Entry List:

1. Eric Nelson
    2. Eric estes
    3. Jarrod Keen
    4. Stefan Werner
    5. Tyler Scurlock
    6. Philip Brown
    7. Blair Scott
    8. Keith Barrick
    9. Yves Larose
    10. driver
    11. driver
    12. driver
    13. driver
    14. driver
    15. driver
    16. driver
    17. driver
    18. driver
    19. driver
    20. driver
    21. driver
    22. driver
    23. driver
    24. driver
    25. Larry Stovall- maybe
  4. In please!
  5. I'll do this one!
  6. Just an event notice for you guys.

I have tested and decided to add the Porsche 997 RSR and Ferrari F430 mod to this class.

Also considering the Ford GT mod but not this week although it is really fun to drive and sounds great on throttle!

So make sure you download the mod from the link in the announcement post.
  7. awesome
  8. Sign me up please sir.
  9. "Volare" ...si, per favore
  10. In as a maybe.
  11. Can you mark me as a probable Eric? Thanks

Anyone driving the Ferrari? In cockpit view, I can't see over the dash and steering wheel. I'm tall in real life, so I am used to having my head up near the roof :p
  12. Blair maybe try hood view?
  13. I did a few laps of the 10k circuit, but at 16 laps / race, I guess we are doing the shorter layout?
  14. yes the 10K is the MOnday GT PRO event. Eselct monza 1970 for this events layout.
  15. Oh great, now I may have to do both, will consult with pit boss...

Also, seems that both mods are a little touchy in the engine life department compared to the other GT's, is there something I am missing?

or short shift the car when its in the yellow on the tach.
  16. yes you need to adjust gearing or drop redline in the "overall" window of the setup option in game.
  17. Sign me up please, GF is working overtime tonite and Ive got a mad racing bug lately!
  18. Yves Larose

Yves Larose
    Premium Member

i'll be there too
  19. Eric, you will need to update that. It seems the detuned version of the add-on was removed. I can only assume it was removed for the lack of a thumbnail. Any ways...
  20. dammit! WTF.