1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

GT Sport @Mosport 09 - Monday- July 12th , 2010

Discussion in 'RACE 07 Racing Club & Leagues' started by Eric Nelson, Jul 10, 2010.

1. [​IMG]

Class: GT-Sport

Track: Mosport 09

Weather: Dry

Start Time: 21:45 EST / 18:45 WST / 01:45 GMT (Tuesday)

Practice: open server

Qualification: 15mins (9:45 EST)

Warmup: 10mins

Race: 2x15 laps

Notes: Click here to read the password and golden rules!

We have a fresh, new way of reporting and punishing incidents in the Racing Club, using an infractions system - read more here

You are actively encouraged to use this system - we like to keep driving standards high - so if you feel you were wronged in any way during an event simply send the event organiser a private message detailing the incident including a youtube video. Do not post reports/accusations in the thread itself - negativity and anger gets us nowhere.

2. You've been here before and the racing is always outstanding! One of Canada's premiere racing facilities is on tap this week!
  3. Entry List:

1. Eric Estes
    2. Keith Barrick
    3. Stefan Werner
    4. Glenn Peterson
    5. Jarrod Keen
    6. Larry Stovall
    7. Eric Nelson
    8. Michael Carver
    9. Peter Bartfai
    10. Corey Theman
    11. John Reznik
    12. Sam Mehler
    13. Willie Watt
    14. Marty Pierce
    15. Yves Larose
    16. Adam Vaughan
    17. driver
    18. driver
    19. driver
    20. drive
    21. driver
    22. driver
    23. driver
    24. drievr
    25. Bill Kaiser (maybe)
  4. Sign me up, please.
  5. Wouldnt miss it for the world. Not at my home track :)
  6. Let's see if I can bring the same sort of pace as last time at Mosport. :cool:
  7. Glenn Petersen

Glenn Petersen
    Premium Member

put me down
  8. Yep, Yep, I'm in for my favorite!
  9. I should be able to make this. I hope I am. Loved this track with the WTCC cars.
  10. Still haven't mastered setting up or driving any of the GT's --- however, that won't stop me from trying.... so slot me in. tnx
  11. Doesn't look like a full grid for this one??? OR maybe everyone is just getting back from vacation and will see this and signup. We raced these very cars here not a month ago. If I remember correctly, I was finding some great pace with the BMW and toward the end of practice and warmup I was hitting within a second of the leaders and then 2 laps into the race I had a race ending crash. Hope this one is better.
  12. We got the thread up a little late, so there still might be some last entries. :)
  13. Yea, Stefan, this is usually a popular track and event so I'll bet you're right.
  14. Back to my delima from weeks ago... i can run low 18s with the bmw but high 17s with the moseler BUT in the mosler, it's way faster in the turns and WAY slower in the straight... and so, how in the world would I ever pass someone in the mosler on this track. There aren't any turns where you can pass here. So I'd be slowed up by the other cars in the turns and then left behind in the straight. I think all things point to the BMW.... Saddly too... the mosler is sooo easy to drive here.
  15. The Mosler is extremely fun and fast around Mosport, letting the rear hang out in nearly every corner! My best at Mosport '77 was a 1:16.500. Haven't tried the '09 version yet, but it should suit it even better as the corners, especially T4-5, are much smoother in this version and also, the back straight seems to be slightly shorter. So we will see. I can't really say I had a problem passing here last time in the Mosler as the only place everyone could really get the power down is the back straight and what I lost down the straight I would make up in the Esses. I guess what it really comes down to is driving style and personal preference. I own a two stroke grand prix bike, so obviously I prefer corner speed. :D
  16. I love Mosport, sign me up please!
  17. Same debate as Jerrod. Admittedly about 2-3 sec off of your paces, but (with admittedly high wing in both cars)

Backstraight: Vette= 14.87s TopS:160.0MPH Mosler=15.54s TS:156.4

S's: Vette=13.54s, MinS:68.0, Carried Speed into T1=121.4 Mosler=12.79s, MS:77.8, Carried Speed into T1=124.5

Admittedly, my Vette setup could use some tweaking for a little more mechanical grip, but I'm thinking I can lay down the wing a little on the Mosler as well - I'm carrying the S's flat out in 4th,3rd,2nd.
  18. You're running 1.14 in the vette? And 1.15 in the mosler????? That's 2-3 sec better than my pace!!!
  19. I thought he meant the amount of time it took him to complete certain sections of the track in the Vette and Mosler. *shrug*
  20. Sign me up, my hiatus ends this week :)