1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

GT Sport @ Dijon Prenois Grand Prix - Monday March 8th, 2010

Discussion in 'RACE 07 Racing Club & Leagues' started by Eric Nelson, Mar 3, 2010.

1. [​IMG]

Servername: RACEDEPARTMENT USGTS
    Class: GT-Sport

Track: Dijon Prenois GP
    Weather: Dry

Start Time: 21:00 EST / 18:00 WST / 2:00 GMT (Tuesday)
    Practice: 30mins
    Qualification: 20mins
    Warmup: 10mins
    Race: 2x20 laps

Notes: Click here to read the password and golden rules!

2. Entry List"

1. Eric Nelson
    2. Yves Larose
    3. Eric Estes
    4. Aleksey Bogatyrev
    5. Bob Luneski
    6. Tim Miller
    7. Dennis Phelan
    8. Driver
    9. Driver
    10. Driver
    11. Driver
    12. Driver
    13. Driver
    14. Driver
    15. Driver
    16. Driver
    17. Driver
    18. Driver
    19. Driver
    20. Driver
    21. Driver
    22. Driver

3. this is not where i put this post... wtf

4. Yves Larose

Yves Larose
    Premium Member

nobody cause it haven,t been race yet :wink: sign me up please

5. ooh! Me too please - new track for me.

6. sign me up as maybe, please

7. LOVE Dijon - Sign me up!

8. sure why not! Had fun at the last event, this should be good....

9. This track will be very suitable for GT cars! FAst flowing circuit will be waaaaaaay fun!

10. this shell be a nice race, 1 day to go, can't wait))

p.s. Eric, may be GT Pro next monday?

11. Dennis Phelan

Dennis Phelan
    more about staying on track. Premium Member

sign me up please

12. Yves Larose

Yves Larose
    Premium Member

server is up guy's:smile:

13. what a start) I'm sorry guys, seems to be not my day
    I will be a better day tomorrow at DTM, I hope so

14. Well we had us a good time as usual! Well except Alex who just had a bad day. Next time Alex it'll go better I hope!

Ha a great opening lap w/ Yves in Race 1 til he overcooked the braking point entering T1 and did a beautiful long GT slide at 30 degrees yaw. HE recovered and maintained a gap of only about 3 seconds for many many laps (10 ( then the car gave up and expired the engine unexpectedly. Too bad Yves we had a great battle going! The slightest missed step by either of us would be the race ender as we were really pushing hard.

R2 I got a slow start trying not to bang into Eric or Dennis. Yves got thru to P1 pretty instantly and never looked back. I ran a lap behind Eric then got past and go tup to Dennis. We are charging up the fast sweeping right and I just caught his rear quarter and he does the GT tank slapper beautifully! Sorry Dennis never intentional. I wait for Dennis to get moving and Eric passes us both. I get past Dennis then Eric and just click off laps til the finish. Loked like Eric and Dennis had a great battle going for at least 1/3 of the race til someone went off.

IN the end I get the overall and Dennis gets P2 overall w/ Yves 3rd.

It's always a great time driving thse machines!

Til next time! Thanks Rd and Yves for the Server to race with!

15. Yves Larose

Yves Larose
    Premium Member

thanks to Eric for setting the event and thanks to RD for hosting it. was great fun, took pole, first race had a not so bad start and got first after the first series of turns but i over did my breaking at T1 on lap 2 and gave first place to Eric N, around lap 10 my engine blew with no warning under braking at T1 end of race. race 2 started second had again a good start and was easely ahead at T1 and was first, after a few lap the gap went to 22 seconds over second place so i decided to be easy on the engine and was careful not to over rev the engine, finally it lasted all the race and took the win :smile: thanks to my crew that made an engine change successfully in about 15 minute, cheers guy's :cool:

16. Dennis Phelan

Dennis Phelan
    more about staying on track. Premium Member

It takes me forever to get used to these cars and I had spent time at two tracks during the day to get a handle. I spent the entire practice session on am 18 lap long run just to see how hard I could push on the track and check tire wear. That proved to be invaluable for me and it made me very comfortable with the car too. Aleksey, laps man, run laps!

R1: I had no idea how to get off the line right so I got a bad start. After a few laps I was trying to put pressure on Eric and yves[which really means] I was all alone and just had a long practice session.

R2: We all got a good start, Yves just left us in the dust, Nelson in pursuit once he cleared us. Estes was right with me and his Vette really had the legs on me on the straight. For a couple of laps I'd seethe time decreasing as we drove down the straight as he would close to within .3 sec of me. Not time to conserve tires or use a plan B shifting strategy, I had to get away! The battle ended when he made mistake and another, even the power of that big motor couldn't help him.

Much more fun than I expected, thanks Eric N and RD, Yves and Eric E also!

17. so what you guys think of GT Pro? all those cars are awesome, especially I like Audi, Aston and Saleen

18. Let's club things up! It seems like forever I haven't drive one of those beasts. Sign me up please.

Vacations are not good for my internal calendar, I'm signing up for yesterday's event :mad:

19. "Vacations are not good for my internal calendar, I'm signing up for yesterday's event "

But they'll be another next Monday! Should be posted soon.