GT Sport GT Sport Confirmed to Release "Fall 2017", New Trailer Released

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
GT sport Trailer Reveal E3 3.jpg

On again off again PlayStation 4 racing game Gran Turismo Sport will now be released during the fall of 2017 it has been confirmed at E3, with a new trailer released to mark the occasion.

Probably one of the most eagerly anticipated Gran Turismo releases since the franchise made its debut all the way back in 1997 on the original PlayStation console, GT Sport has been labelled as the most "ambitious undertaking" of the series so far, coming at something of a crossroads in the series franchise long and illustrious history under the control of Polyphony Digital.

As is expected of any AAA console racing game of the budget available to GT Sport, the new game looks set to be absolutely cram packed full of the biggest and best names of automotive and motorsport history, with the now obligatory Porsche licence secured alongside big hitters the likes of Ferrari, BMW, Mercedes, Aston Martin and pretty much every notable performance car manufacturer the world over.

Much like the recently announced Forza Motorsport 7 game that made its public debut over at E3 in LA, GT Sport intends to ship within its target of 60fps in dynamic 4K with HDR effects. It is not known if these targets have yet been reached using the PlayStation 4 platform for the game, however with the experience and might of Sony and Polyphony Digital throwing in their combined expertise into the mix it should come as a surprise if this ambitious target is realised prior to the game shipping later this year.

As part of the E3 events programme the developers have revealed another new trailer of the game, this time showcasing yet more of those impressive graphics already revealed to the world over the last month and debuting the new games signature theme music to be used in GT Sport.

Check out the GT Sport 'Theme Music Trailer' below:

Moving away from the traditional stomping ground of car collection and career points grind, the new Gran Turismo title will be focusing on structured online multiplayer racing for the very first time. Coming as something of a move to replicate the incredibly popular iRacing model on PC, but with an offline single player element for good measure, it will be very interesting to see how long time supporters of the series take to this dramatic change in direction for a franchise very well established over a number of years with gamers across several generations of the PlayStation console.

This new game could prove to be something of a sink or swim experiment for Polyphony and the Grand Turismo franchise. Only time will tell how successful it will be...

Gran Turismo Sport will release exlusively for Sony PlayStation 4 during the fall of 2017.

GT sport Trailer Reveal E3 2.jpg
GT sport Trailer Reveal E3 4.jpg
GT Sport Trailer Reveal E3.jpg

To keep abreast of all the news and discussions regarding the hotly anticipated Gran Turismo Sport release don't forget to check out our Gran Turismo Sport sub forum and join in with the community eagerly anticipating the next blockbuster release from Polyphony Digital.

Looking forward to GT Sport coming out? Can the franchise return to its previous glory? Will you be picking up a copy once it releases later this year? Let us know in the comments section below!

Last edited:
PROS:
Lighting system (hoooly shhhh!)
Landscapes
Atmosphere on the grid before the start
Realistic marshalls waving flags
(can they move away cars like in Geoff Crammond's Grand Prix games? Will they wave flags in the parade lap?)
Flags waving realistically

BUT
Physics, Damage System, Handling, Sound: are they on par with the graphics department? :cautious:

Most beautiful realistic game I have seen in a long time ,
That lighting is incredible ,
I wish all games had these safety cars as well , Its a must ,

Racing cars , Racing tracks , And obviously a ****ing safety car :roflmao::roflmao:

Postprocess and lighting-wise yes, it is superior than Forza, well it's Sony afterall, they know how to make good cameras and lenses.

In actual gameplay ermm... no. Sometimes tracks look like bad rFactor mods, for example flat terrain model with very few grass blades which stick out a lot. Forza modelling is much more solid. And the weather system in Forza is so much more interesting than any we have seen yet imo, the very fact that there are hundreds of actual 360 sky panoramas warping and blending together. Very interesting stuff.

are serious about that? where did you read it? I always doubted they could pull off decent VR experience, even the PS4 Pro has not enough hardware for that game in VR :(
To be fair,consoles in general barely have the power to run the games at 1080 p at somewhat stable 60 fps ,4k or VR is almost out of the equation unless you take a big visual quality hit .

I'm being really skeptical about the game .
Once it's out i will pick it up if it's not good enough i just won't waste my precious time on it .
There are plenty of good sim games available on the pc so i won't be bothered if the game completely sucked in the end.

That realistic lighting. I wish more games would be able to hit that sweet spot.
If one likes television or camera lens like lighting, yes, I agree - it looks stunning.
But I prefer doing racing by myself and not for making screenshots or gaming YT clips - so I prefer a more human eye focused lighting to get a realistic immersion ;)

I don't even own a PS4 so I guess I won't buy the game.
I still played it at the Nürburgring 24h and the physics didn't really impressed me. (Or they just used bad wheels at the promo)
It's still a beta and I really hope for Polyphony to make the physics of this game better since I really enjoyed it's predcessors.
On the other hand, the graphics (especially the reflections) looked pretty good to me.

PROS:
Lighting system (hoooly shhhh!)
Landscapes
Atmosphere on the grid before the start
Realistic marshalls waving flags
(can they move away cars like in Geoff Crammond's Grand Prix games? Will they wave flags in the parade lap?)
Flags waving realistically

BUT
Physics, Damage System, Handling, Sound: are they on par with the graphics department? :cautious:

Physics & handling? Not so much. The GT Academy - the only program that repeatedly turn gamers into real world race winners - confirms it's worthless.

Smoke and mirrors.
Lovely high quality videos.
Gameplay nowhere near...
Still, it will sell millions of copies.
Lovely high quality marketing.
Nothing wrong with that.
Sadly, I think a lot of people are going to be disappointed...
Just like the last two games..
Remember them?

Postprocess and lighting-wise yes, it is superior than Forza, well it's Sony afterall, they know how to make good cameras and lenses.

In actual gameplay ermm... no. Sometimes tracks look like bad rFactor mods, for example flat terrain model with very few grass blades which stick out a lot. Forza modelling is much more solid. And the weather system in Forza is so much more interesting than any we have seen yet imo, the very fact that there are hundreds of actual 360 sky panoramas warping and blending together. Very interesting stuff.

GTS looks way superior to any Forza in the important track details (surface+kerbs).

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 74 7.1%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 109 10.5%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 150 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 286 27.6%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 414 39.9%