1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Featured GT Sport Closed Beta Starts 17th March

Discussion in 'Gran Turismo Sport' started by Paul Jeffrey, Mar 9, 2017.

1. Paul Jeffrey

Paul Jeffrey
    RaceDepartment News Editor Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +10,533

Polyphony Digital have confirmed closed beta testing for Gran Turismo Sport will begin as soon as March 17th, with players offered the opportunity to become part of the test programme.

The closed testing programme planned by Polyphony Digital will allow players a first opportunity to sample the latest Gran Turismo offering from the Japanese gaming giants, prior to a public release tentatively scheduled for some time during 2017.

The developers have promised beta participants will have the opportunity to choose from a select rotation of cars and tracks each day to race online against others during the beta phases. Track and car selections will vary during this period, and will focus on different race class categories and course configurations. The online server will be available at selected time periods throughout the day with more information to follow at a later stage.

The initial phase of the beta programme due to start on March 17th will be open to US PSN IDs initially and rolled out further across Europe in a phased approach.

If you wish to apply for the opportunity to enter the Gran Turismo Sport closed beta programme visit the GT Sport Beta test page HERE.

Gran Turismo Sport Trailer:

Gran Turismo 6 is the current latest title from Polyphony Digital. GT Sport is scheduled for release during 2017 for Sony PlayStation 4.

A GT Sport 2.jpg A GT Sport.jpg
    GT Sport.jpg

Don't forget to check out the Gran Turismo Series sub forum here at RaceDepartment to keep abreast of all the latest news and discussion around these racing games. We have a dedicated section for GT6 and for the upcoming Gran Turismo Sport release, so stay tuned for all the information as and when it becomes available.

Will you be signing up for the closed beta? Excited about the new game finally hitting a public release? Do you think Polyphony can recapture the magic of the old Gran Turismo games? Let us know in the comments section below!

Last edited: Mar 9, 2017
  2. Andy 'Mars Bar' Graham

Andy 'Mars Bar' Graham

Ratings:
    +844
    Wow, the trailer is only advertising graphical features instead of any features...

Yes because I want to see if it's any good.

Eh, Project CARS 2 looks better.

Not expecting a lot to be honest, Gran Turismo sucks at keeping up with the times on things like damage or weather or physics...

• Agree Agree x 4
  3. Bram

Bram
    Administrator Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +16,274
    Time to have a look around for a second hand PS4.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Nevini

Nevini

Ratings:
    +39
    GT on a PlayStation, about as realistic as codemasters F1. However it will be one hell of a GAME, so called sim players, stick with PC. Move along. Absolutely nothing here for you!

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • Haha Haha x 1
  5. Andrew Harper

Andrew Harper
    Premium

Ratings:
    +1,104
    Oh their such a tease! :p

Visually looks really nice though. Will be interesting to see what the sales are like once it's released.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Sky

Sky

Ratings:
    +129
    Meh

7. howitzer155mm

howitzer155mm

Ratings:
    +77
    Seems pretty silly seeing those cars at Bristol Motor Speedway, and an LMP1 Toyota being chased by Sci-fi cars at a track in the middle of the Mojave...

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Bram

Bram

Ratings:
    +16,274
    Don't agree. I do 99,99% of my racing on PC but man I loved GT5 on the PS3. Had some epic race nights with @Ramon van Rijn. If GT Sport will be half as good I am sold again.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  9. racelover

racelover

Ratings:
    +9
    I think that line was to sim-players

10. Bram

Bram

Ratings:
    +16,274
    Please enlighten me, what are sim-players?

• Love Love x 2
  11. racelover

racelover

Ratings:
    +9
    I dont know, people playing Sims? (the game)

• Haha Haha x 1
  12. JayJayRaceinho

JayJayRaceinho

Ratings:
    +85
    Too bad its just online beta, would be funny having access and no ps plus-sub hinders to play :rolleyes:

13. delpinsky

delpinsky

Ratings:
    +48
    They only thing I ever envied to Gran Turismo was the lighting system, close to photorealism.
    Now that pCARS guys are getting closer and closer in terms of visual beauty and photorealism, there's nothing more to envy.

And the subtitle "the real driving simulator" sounds so... ehm, funny :D

But if Poliphony Digital manage to make something more than pure arcade, I will be happy for all the people who would like to be simracers also on a console, because a SIM is not something impossible to drive, It's just something that doesn't have all the driving aids activated, but under the wood got realistic physics. Unfortunately on console developers never understood this simple idea, if not now...

14. tlsmikey

tlsmikey

Ratings:
    +86
    I used to love GT. Then I realized how sterile and boring it was with aweful sounds. It was great at first, but now its irrelevant.

15. Cheesenium

Cheesenium

Ratings:
    +25
    I am not a fan of the Vision GTs racing with the real world cars, they look too fictitious to my liking while I never had issues with fictional cars in other racing games. Not really a fan too with their fictional GT3s.

The graphics looks fantastic though.

16. Juliusz Baczynski

Juliusz Baczynski

Ratings:
    +91
    but physics was one of the top features compared to other coonsole titles!

17. thatmotorfreak

thatmotorfreak

Ratings:
    +98
    I find the 2016 PSX trailer rather sketchy. All it does is talk about how great the game looks if you own a PS4 Pro and that it supports VR.

At least let me know if there's a decent SP career mode hidden somewhere...

18. Alex Townsend

Alex Townsend
    Premium

Ratings:
    +354
    I quite enjoyed GT5 on the PS3, (it's what led me to PC sims afterall), didn't like the AI driver thing though, was pretty pointless imo.

The problem I have with either Xbox One or PS4 at the moment is that neither system are compatible with my wheel so driving titles are firmly on the PC by default with only shooters or quirky indie titles played on the consoles

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. Andy 'Mars Bar' Graham

Andy 'Mars Bar' Graham

Ratings:
    +844
    What, back in the day when there was no other competition?

20. FishPapp

FishPapp

Ratings:
    +16
    If Kaz and co put as much effort into the handling of the cars as they do pointless photo modes and other filler they could be on to a winner.

Oh, and putting any effort into ai programming would be really nice for the 90% of gamers who won't ever touch MP.

And having someone with ears take care of sound recording is an absolute must this time.

But, PD have sold billions of copies without listening to what gamers want so maybe they knows best.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1