GT Sport GT Sport Closed Beta Starts 17th March

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Polyphony Digital have confirmed closed beta testing for Gran Turismo Sport will begin as soon as March 17th, with players offered the opportunity to become part of the test programme.

The closed testing programme planned by Polyphony Digital will allow players a first opportunity to sample the latest Gran Turismo offering from the Japanese gaming giants, prior to a public release tentatively scheduled for some time during 2017.

The developers have promised beta participants will have the opportunity to choose from a select rotation of cars and tracks each day to race online against others during the beta phases. Track and car selections will vary during this period, and will focus on different race class categories and course configurations. The online server will be available at selected time periods throughout the day with more information to follow at a later stage.

The initial phase of the beta programme due to start on March 17th will be open to US PSN IDs initially and rolled out further across Europe in a phased approach.

If you wish to apply for the opportunity to enter the Gran Turismo Sport closed beta programme visit the GT Sport Beta test page HERE.

Gran Turismo Sport Trailer:

Gran Turismo 6 is the current latest title from Polyphony Digital. GT Sport is scheduled for release during 2017 for Sony PlayStation 4.

A GT Sport 2.jpg
A GT Sport.jpg

GT Sport.jpg

Don't forget to check out the Gran Turismo Series sub forum here at RaceDepartment to keep abreast of all the latest news and discussion around these racing games. We have a dedicated section for GT6 and for the upcoming Gran Turismo Sport release, so stay tuned for all the information as and when it becomes available.

Will you be signing up for the closed beta? Excited about the new game finally hitting a public release? Do you think Polyphony can recapture the magic of the old Gran Turismo games? Let us know in the comments section below!

Last edited:
Wow, the trailer is only advertising graphical features instead of any features...

Will you be signing up for the closed beta?

Yes because I want to see if it's any good.

Excited about the new game finally hitting a public release?

Eh, Project CARS 2 looks better.

Do you think Polyphony can recapture the magic of the old Gran Turismo games?

Not expecting a lot to be honest, Gran Turismo sucks at keeping up with the times on things like damage or weather or physics...

GT on a PlayStation, about as realistic as codemasters F1. However it will be one hell of a GAME, so called sim players, stick with PC. Move along. Absolutely nothing here for you!
They only thing I ever envied to Gran Turismo was the lighting system, close to photorealism.
Now that pCARS guys are getting closer and closer in terms of visual beauty and photorealism, there's nothing more to envy.

And the subtitle "the real driving simulator" sounds so... ehm, funny :D

But if Poliphony Digital manage to make something more than pure arcade, I will be happy for all the people who would like to be simracers also on a console, because a SIM is not something impossible to drive, It's just something that doesn't have all the driving aids activated, but under the wood got realistic physics. Unfortunately on console developers never understood this simple idea, if not now...

I am not a fan of the Vision GTs racing with the real world cars, they look too fictitious to my liking while I never had issues with fictional cars in other racing games. Not really a fan too with their fictional GT3s.

The graphics looks fantastic though.

I quite enjoyed GT5 on the PS3, (it's what led me to PC sims afterall), didn't like the AI driver thing though, was pretty pointless imo.

The problem I have with either Xbox One or PS4 at the moment is that neither system are compatible with my wheel so driving titles are firmly on the PC by default with only shooters or quirky indie titles played on the consoles

If Kaz and co put as much effort into the handling of the cars as they do pointless photo modes and other filler they could be on to a winner.

Oh, and putting any effort into ai programming would be really nice for the 90% of gamers who won't ever touch MP.

And having someone with ears take care of sound recording is an absolute must this time.

But, PD have sold billions of copies without listening to what gamers want so maybe they knows best.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 350 15.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 243 10.8%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 241 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 177 7.9%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 299 13.3%