1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

GT Sport Birmingham Gran Prix, Tuesday 23rd Jul 2013

Discussion in 'RACE 07 Racing Club & Leagues' started by Dennis Phelan, Jul 16, 2013.

1. Dennis Phelan

Dennis Phelan
    more about staying on track. Premium Member

[​IMG]
    Server name: RACEDEPARTMENT.COM GTS
    Car: GT Sports
    Track: Birmingham GP [download]
    Weather: Dry
    Games: Evo

19:00 GMT: Practice
    19:30 GMT: Qualification
    19:50 GMT: Warmup
    20:00 GMT: Race (45 Minutes)

RD Club Rules: Click Here
    Server and TeamSpeak Passwords: Click Here

Entry List:
    1. Dennis Phelan
    2. Andrew James
    3. Warren Dawes
    4. Hiroshi Awazu
    5. Justin Swan
    6. Daniel Linder
    7. Tobias Olsson
    8. Eric Stranne
    9. -
    10. -
    11. -
    12. -
    13. -
    14. -
    15. -
    16. -
    17. -
    18. -
    19. -
    20. -
    21. -
    22. -
    23. -
    24. -
    25. -
    utp#10Server is UP!

2. Nox

Nox
    Staff Premium Member

Sign me up please!

3. Warren Dawes

Warren Dawes
    Premium Member

I'm happy to join this one Dennis, however I'm hoping there are enough people join to justify a race. :thumbsup:
    Not keen on getting out of bed in the wee hours to find the race cancelled.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Hiroshi Awazu

Hiroshi Awazu
    Off Topic Moderator

Birmingham sweet! :thumbsup: I'll join in.

Thanks for keeping the M3 GT2's in. I'll more than likely drive the Corvette but at least the option to drive the M3 GT2 is there :)

• Like Like x 1
  5. Dennis Phelan

Dennis Phelan

6. Warren Dawes

Warren Dawes
    Premium Member

Yep Hiroshi, I'm usually a big fan of the American muscle cars too, but I kinda like the look of the little Sunred, maybe it might be kinder on the tyres on this track. ;)

Always good to try something new. ;)

7. Nox

Nox
    Staff Premium Member

Hi guys, this will be my first race with GT Sports class (and my first at this track). I'm putting some practice time in and trying out the different cars, but do any of you have any recommendations for which cars are easier to handle for a noob like me?

8. Dennis Phelan

Dennis Phelan

Vertigo Steif, slow but HANDLES, Aston, a great handling car. BMW's, these are the best of the breed in touring cars. SEAT, a great car on some tracks as is the Sunred. My choice many times is the Mosler!

9. Nox

Nox
    Staff Premium Member

Yeah I found the BMW was nice. I'll try the other ones you mention as well. Thanks!!

I love the track (still learning it) by the way. Some beautiful sections.

10. Warren Dawes

Warren Dawes
    Premium Member

There is no Vertigo or Aston in this GT Sport Class, but the Mosler is usually a good all round car and should suit this track fairly well.
    I'm going to try the Sunred, mainly because I've not driven it before and it looks pretty nimble for this tight'ish track.

11. Dennis Phelan

Dennis Phelan

Dumbme :redface:

12. Justin Swan

Justin Swan
    RD-DVLC

Sign me up please. I'm usually a disaster in the GT cars but I'll have a go :D

13. Dennis Phelan

Dennis Phelan

Maybe I should make up my own group for GT Sports Cars!

The reality for this groups is that all of the cars that are actually in the GTS group shine given the day and the driver. With the real list onscreen :), I have skins for the Mosler and BMW as I drive them so often. For Vette lovers a good setup for the S car works well in the Pro class too, bonus there. I haven't spent much time at all in the other cars, which do seem to end up on the podium more than mine do :(

14. Warren Dawes

Warren Dawes
    Premium Member

Andrew James
    This might help you get started. It's a very quick setup I tried for the Mosler, probably not the fastest but I tried to keep it more stable for this track. You may need to adjust the Steering Lock to suit your wheel (rotation), I was using about 500 deg rotation.

I also included a replay of a lap around Birmingham using this setup. Again, probably not a fast one, but it might prove useful to give you an idea of driving lines, braking points, and gear selections.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/52407178/WAD Mosler Birmingham.rar

• Like Like x 1
  15. Warren Dawes

Warren Dawes
    Premium Member

For anyone interested, here is a much better camera file for this track. The default TV view camera is pretty poor, just replace the existing .cam file with this one. This file is for GTR2 but it still works fine in Race 07.

http://www.nogripracing.com/details.php?filenr=7231

• Like Like x 1
  16. Hiroshi Awazu

Hiroshi Awazu
    Off Topic Moderator

Thanks Warren :thumbsup:

I don't start work during the week until 6pm so easier to join races.

I can't pass up Birmingham, plus the last time i raced GT Sport cars online was back in early 2011 with you, Yves, i think Jimi Hughes and a few others at Mosport.

17. Nox

Nox
    Staff Premium Member

That is super awesome, thank you so much! I'll give it a go and then I think I'll decide between the BMW and the Mosler. Thanks again!! (What directory do I put the replay file for a Steam installation please? Sorry I am a noob, we all have to start somewhere.)

Another thing is when I pick the BMW M3 GT2 and go out on track, the game freezes, my screen loses signal for a few seconds. When I get the picture back, I'm in a wall. Anyone else ever had something like this? It's only for this car. (The M3 GTR, for example, works perfectly).

18. Justin Swan

Justin Swan
    RD-DVLC

Andrew James Not sure whats causing your freezing but your replay file goes here:

C:\Users\YOURNAME\Documents\SimBin\RACE 07\REPLAYDATA

• Like Like x 1
  19. Warren Dawes

Warren Dawes
    Premium Member

Justin has correctly covered where to put the replay file (.vcr).
    Just in case, the setup file (.svm) goes into Documents\ Simbin\Race 07\Userdata\CarSetups\Birming_Long

I can't help with the game freezing, not seen that before.

20. Nox

Nox
    Staff Premium Member

Thanks everyone! Much appreciated.