1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

GT Sport @ Ascari Race Resort Monday August 23rd, 2010

Discussion in 'RACE 07 Racing Club & Leagues' started by Eric Nelson, Aug 17, 2010.

1. [​IMG]

Servername: RACEDEPARTMENT US-GTS

Class: GT-SPORT

Track: Ascari Race Resort special installation instructions in post #2..........

Weather: Dry

Start Time: 21:45 EDT / 18:45 PDT / 01:45 GMT (Tuesday)

Practice: open server

Qualification: 15mins (9:45EDT)

Warmup: 10mins

Race: 2 x 25 mins

Notes: Click here to read the password and golden rules!

We have a fresh, new way of reporting and punishing incidents in the Racing Club, using an infractions system - read more here

You are actively encouraged to use this system - we like to keep driving standards high - so if you feel you were wronged in any way during an event simply send the event organiser a private message detailing the incident including a youtube video. Do not post reports/accusations in the thread itself - negativity and anger gets us nowhere.

2. [​IMG]

We will be lapping the BIG 3 TRACK layout!

In 2000, Ascari began developing a racetrack near Ronda, in southern Spain. The track includes recreations of famous corners from other tracks around the world, and may be set up as one long track, three separate short tracks, or some combination in between. By 2002 the three part track was finished and accompanied by a high-end resort, with several road and racing cars available to visitors to test, including former Formula One machinery.
    In series 10, episode 10 of Top Gear the test track was used to test the BMW M3, the Audi RS4 and the Mercedes C63 AMG.

Once you lap here, its almost a sin to shut down the game..........

When you open the .rar there WILL NOT be a folder called ASCARI. YOu wil need to create a new folder in the locations folder called "ASCARI" only. DO NOT NAME IT ANYTHING ELSE OR THE INSTALL WILL NOT WORK! the ntake the contents of the .rar and dump it in "ascari"

3. Entry list:

1. Eric Nelson
    2. Glenn Petersen
    3. Bob Luneski
    4. Stefan Werner
    5. Keith Barrick
    6. Eric Estes
    7. Eric Dennis
    8. Peter Ross
    9. Tyler Scurlock
    10. Eric Orton
    11. Jeffrey Anderson
    12. Mike Chaney
    13. Sam Mehler
    14. Claudio Caferri
    15. driver
    16. driver
    17. driver
    18. driver
    19. driver
    20. driver
    21. driver
    22. Jarrod Keen - maybe
    23. Willie Watt - maybe
    24. Martin Layfield - maybe
    25. John Amutenya - maybe

4. Glenn Petersen

Glenn Petersen
    Premium Member

It would be a sin NOT to sign up for this!

5. This sounds awesome. Can't wait. Sign me up

6. Let's see if I can't pull yet another "Barrick". :)

7. LOL Stefan, Count me in i wanna see the madness :)

8. Reserve my space, please.

9. I'll be there. So, we're "Lapping the big three", as in, all three tracks together?

10. TRACK NOTE: The RAR file does not have the 'locations' subfolder contained in it. Did some digging (.trk file): the files should be extracted to ...GAMEDATA\LOCATIONS\ASCARI. Tested OK.

11. OOF! I forgot!

YOU WILL NEED TO CREATE A FOLDER IN LOCATIONS AND ONLY CALL IT

ASCARI! nothing else!!!!!!! then drop in those texture/model folders inthe ASCARI folder in locations

12. No way on the planet I can make this event... I'm just dropping in to say I've tried the track, and Eric, we must run a Touring Car event on this track. If we don't, dire consequences will ensue. :wink:

13. OH yes Rhys IT WILL be a FUTURE event!

did my layout test in the Vauhall and it was addicting as hell after 5 laps..........

14. sign me up please

15. I havnt heard of this track before but it looks cool. Sign me up please.

16. Count me in

17. That's 4 Erics for this race so far - we'll need our own server soon. (at least we haven't duplicated last initials yet :). Welcome aboard "O".

18. I would like to join this race also

19. Thank you!

20. That track is wild! I'm going to try to make it.