1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

GT Sport @ A1 Ring Monday October 4th, 2010

Discussion in 'RACE 07 Racing Club & Leagues' started by Eric Nelson, Oct 1, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. [​IMG]

Servername: RACEDEPARTMENT US-GTP

Class: GT SPORT

Track:A1 Ring

Weather: Dry

Start Time: 21:45 EDT / 18:45 PDT / 01:45 GMT (Monday)

Practice: open server

Qualification: 15mins (9:45EDT)

Warmup: 10mins

Race: 2 x 25 mins

Notes: Click here to read the password and golden rules!

Most important RD golden rules:
    • Only sign up if you are sure you can participate.
    • Sign-ups can be refused by the race director.
    • No cutting in any sessions.
    • If you hit another driver, wait and give back his position
    • No chatting during Qualify or Race. Even sorry isn't needed. Do it after the qualify or race session is completed and all drivers are off the track.
    • No abusive language during any sessions.
    • Listen to the race director at all times.
    • If you feel harmed by an accident caused by another driver you can use the incident report option. Send the Incident report to the race director through PM only.
    • If you sign up for this race we expect you to be there before the qualify starts. If you are not present on the server, the racing staff will confirm the reserves.
    • 5 minutes before the qualify strats the grid is closed!
    • Read and understand the RD rules! Click here
    VERY IMPORTANT!!!

You have to confirm the golden rules if you sign up for this event. The sign up format is:

• Drivername: your name
    • I understand the Golden rules: YES
    If the racing staff don't see this in your sign up request, you won't see your name in the sign up list!

We have a fresh, new way of reporting and punishing incidents in the Racing Club, using an infractions system - read more here

You are actively encouraged to use this system - we like to keep driving standards high - so if you feel you were wronged in any way during an event simply send the event organiser a private message detailing the incident including a youtube video. Do not post reports/accusations in the thread itself - negativity and anger gets us nowhere

2. The reconfigured and renamed OsterreichRing became the A1 Ring.

Wide open and fast!

3. Entry List:

1. Eric Nelson
    2. Eric Dennis
    3. Jarrod Keen
    4. Eric Estes
    5. John Reznik
    6. Rhys Gardiner
    7. ?
    8. ?
    9. ?
    10. ?
    11. ?
    12. ?
    13. ?
    14. ?
    15. ?
    16. ?
    17. ?
    18. ?
    19. ?
    20. ?
    21. ?
    22. ?
    23. ?
    24. ?
    25. ?
    26. ?

• Drivername: Eric Dennis

4. Drivername: Jarrod Keen
    I understand the Golden rules: YES

5. Yes Jarrod I finally got A1 ring in here for ya! he he he

6. Looks like me vs the erics

7. yes it does....

Drivername: Eric Estes
    I understand the Golden Rules: Yes

• Drivername: John Reznik

8. Drivername: Rhys Gardiner
    I understand the Golden Rules: Yes.

I'll be up for this. :D

9. Server is UP!

10. Dariusz Swiderski

Dariusz Swiderski
    Premium Member

I,m up for some GT action....

Drivername: Dariusz Swiderski
    I understand the Golden Rules: Yes

11. Sorry I ducked out of Race 2 - This was a fun track, but I'm exhausted.

Had a really good battle with Eric D. for most of Race 1. Made the pass coming out of the Left-Right sequence before the final turn on (?) lap 2. Thought I might pull away, but it wasn't to be, as he quickly started pacing me. I was quick leaving the hairpin and through that L-R sequence, but his 'Vette could well out-power me in the straights. We seemed to alternate being better through turn 1. After a couple of minor bobbles at the old stadium right which allowed him to gain time, I was passed when I looped it in T1 after braking late. This allowed an 8 sec. lead with 11 minutes to go. I started chewing it down, between nothing and a second a lap, until I was within 2-3 seconds or so with 4 laps left. I started to press a little too hard then, and stuck myself along the wall going into the last turn, pretty much ending the day. Good race Eric. Enjoyed the chase.

12. I had a fun event. Chasing Dariusz for Quick lap in PRactice (.030 gap) he he he

Race 1 went well but clipped the last turn barrier mid race to allow Dariusz to run free and extend. Finished P2 and happy with it for sure.

Race 2 got a good start and a tight battle with Rhys on theopening lap. Then battled with John Reznik and we both get the wors of it coming off the last corner, Others spin as well and its fre for all to get going again. I slide in behind Sam, Eric D and Jarrod with Dariusz in tow. I am lacking force feedback in this race and I let Dariusz go by on lap 4. I hold the car togetehr and eventually pass Eric D and Jarrod but cannot catch Dariusz. HE is reeling in Sam for P1 and I can see Sam now but its a big gap to close in 6 mins.

Then Dariusz goes DISCO gifting an upgreade to Sam and I. That just SUX Dariusz! you were clearly the class of the field tonight and deserve a douboe win!

I go P2 and thats it for me.

Fun racing guys really enjoyed it! Stay tuned! MOre GT action to come!

13. Dariusz Swiderski

Dariusz Swiderski
    Premium Member

I,m sooo fed up with those disco's, have tried everything tp no avail..... :( :(

14. Great track, pretty good car, but the driver needs some work :redface:

Qually Spyker in 5th - pretty happy with that, but I still had a low speed understeer I couldn't get rid of, Overall pretty happy though.

R1 - had an ok start, but manage to bump into Sam as he lifts/avoids someone in the first corner, :redface:. I wait for him to rejoin and I continue. Ran pretty much solo after that, I was managing to keep a vette and BMW in sight for several laps, but I could not make any headway.

R2 - Started at the front, blew the first corner under braking, a vette blasts by me(I think Sam) and I rejoin with Eric Nelson hounding me. He gets inside me on the downhill going into T3, I keep touch into four, and manage to get next to him in the 5-6 left/right, when he went a little wide on entry. Can't out drag the vette up the hill though, and he leads going into the downhill final 7-8 corners.
    I somehow manage to gain on him through these corners, and get a good run into/through 8, right on his bumper, but I just touch him as we exit, and we spin. Rhys was right behind during all of this, and he gets collected. I think Eric got a little loose(from replay) on exit and I just was too close. Sorry guys.
    Anyway, we rejoin, Rhys looks like he was pulling aside to let me pass, which I totally didn't feel entitled to in any way, as the mess was my fault, and I continue to chase him out of one. He pulls over again, so I take it, and he hounds me for the next lap, where I go wide out of 1, and he goes by.
    I chase Rhys until 3, where I gain under braking, but manage to bump into him while trying to go inside, and put him into a slide. He mostly saves it, and continues on. Sorry again. I thought I saw you go a little left, and I let off braking to try to turn inside you, Rhys. Only thing I'm happy about is I didn't completely turn you, and you managed to continue on. Quite annoyed with myself after this.
    Anyway, after that it was mostly lapping and watching gaps to the car ahead. Couldn't make any progress, although I managed to hold the gap for several laps. You guys are just too quick for me to claw back from my mistakes.
    Gonna have to keep working at it.

Thanks to all who showed up. Lovin' the gt cars.

Cheers' and sorry again

John

15. This was a good race but one that shows me that to be competitive, I'll need a bit more work/prep time before 9:00 that night. I know this track as I've lapped here plenty. In practice, I put up a low 1.34 and I thought that may be competitive but then all you fast guys started to show up....

I ran low 1.34 in the BMW and felt that a mid to low 1.33 was possible and by the time quali was over, we had 5 drivers in the 1.33 or better with poll in the 1.32s. As usual, I'm a good bit off pace with the poll but I usually make some ground in race as I've been able to race clean in the past and avoid the big mistakes that end races.

Race 1 I was hustling to keep up with the leaders as I had hoped that this track would keep everyone kinda bunched up and give me a chance to hang around the lead pack. That didn't happen as the leaders were just too fast. I settled into 5th, had a good several laps with Sam after he made a mistake and came back to me. He was just too strong in that vette and i couldn't keep pace but the thing about those vettes and all that power is that sometimes later in the race, they require so much concentration to keep straight and consistent, sometimes that can cause mistakes. In this case, Sam did make a few mistakes but not enough for me to keep him at bay. I didn't have enough power (read power as skill) in my BMW with a 6 wing to keep up with that powerhouse. John Reznik was behind me and was putting pressure on me the whole race. The margin was enough to keep me from watching my mirror but each lap, I watched the margin and tried to manage it to the end. By the end, I had used up all my margin save 2 seconds.

I finished 5th which wasn't a suprise to me.

Race 2: I decided to lower my wing to 4 to see if I could hold off those vettes in race 2. I got off to a decent start but the car in front of me botched the start so I had to slow and swerve around. By the time we got to turn 1, I was in 7th of 7 after starting in the 3rd slot. Bad luck but the race is long enough that drivers will usually make ground to their "righful" spots. I had a great battle with one of the 10 or 15 erics that was in the race. We battled for 2 or 3 laps and I got by on an error when he ran wide. After that, I battled back to 5th where Mr. Reznik and I resumed our usual chase but this time by mid race he was 8 seconds plus back on me. I made a few mistakes that allowed him to get back to our usual 4 second margin and the battle resumed. I was able to hold him off again which I was fortunate since he was significantly faster than me in Quali.

Fun track and good racing guys. Thanks for the fun.

16. Qed at P4 which was respectable for me with the competition that was present.

R1: I get a good start and had to dodge someone braking for T1. I got bumped but didnt take any damage so I moved on and got p5 after Jarrod. Had some great racing for a few laps with him and made a pass at T1. Finished a respectable P4.

R2: I get a monster start and take the lead. Rounding the last corner I hear madness happen behind me. I was able to pull a 6 second gap and then was able to watch Dariusz just close the gap. He made a clean pass as I had one of my notorious drama events. ROADHOUSE is behind me and is able to close the gap a little. I then watch Dariusz DISCO and hand me the lead. I take it!

Fun event on a track that is incredibly difficult to pass.

17. Sam, you certainly deserve a bit of good luck due to the disconnect gods. You've had your troubles in the past so I'm glad that you were the beneficiary here.... not that I'm happy that he disconnected.

18. Dariusz Swiderski

Dariusz Swiderski
    Premium Member

LOL Jarrod, i actually have had 5 or 6 disco's in the last 3 weeks, i wish those gods would forget about me for a while.......

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.