1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

GT-Sport 400k Enduro @ Autódromo Internacional do Algarve - Saturday January 23rd

Discussion in 'RACE 07 Racing Club & Leagues' started by Tobias Kluge, Jan 6, 2010.

1. 400k Autódromo Internacional do Algarve (86laps)

50.0%
  2. 400k Mid-Ohio Sports Car Course (104laps)

13.6%
  3. 500k Rouen-Les-Essarts 1955-1970 layout(76laps)

36.4%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GT-Sport 400k (86laps) Enduro @ Autódromo Internacional do Algarve - January 23rd 2010

If you don't know the track exactly, then watch the following trackvid :)

Autódromo Internacional do Algarve DL -> here

Servername: RACEDEPARTMENT ENDURO
    Track: Autódromo Internacional do Algarve
    Class: GT-Sport
    15:30GMT Practice 1: 120mins
    17:30GMT Practice 2: 60mins
    18:30GMT Qualification: 20mins Superpole
    18:50GMT Warmup: 10mins
    19:00GMT Race: ~400k or 86laps

Please read:
    - Click here to read the password and golden rules!
    - It is a VERY long endurance event. If you tend to leave an event after a minor crash or looking for victory at the expense of a forced overtake, you should NOT sign up.
    - In case if we get a lot of sign ups, I will give priority to whoever took part in the last enduro season.
    - Personal skins are allowed, deadline is Wednesday 20th January to get a skin pack ready.

Important
    Be sure you have installed the latest version of this track (1.1), the DL can be find in th top section of this post, otherwise you might experience some trouble (cutting conflicts) or not able to join the race!

We will start the race with all the participants. If you drop during warmup or while getting on the grid we WILL restart the race. We might need to do a parade lap to make sure everyone has the proper grid position.

Manual Rolling Start Procedure

Please read closely.
    -Every driver places himself on the grid as usual and waits for the red starting lights to go on and off. When the lights go off the formation lap starts; not the race!
    -The leader starts the formation lap first and then every car simply follows him one by one.
    -The formation lap is driven in a single line.
    -The leader will keep the formation lap at around ~100km/h
    -The race starts when the leader enters the final turn
    -No passing is allowed before the start/finish line!!
    -If you spin or go off track, you wait for the whole field to pass and rejoin at the back of the line.
    -Sudden stops, brake tests and excessive swaying are forbidden during the formation lap
    -To avoid any issues in the pits please ONLY use MANUAL pit!

2. Weather forecast:

max 95% humidity

Practice 1: Ambient 11-15°C cloudy
    Track 10-13°C, drying
    Practice 2: Ambient 9-11°C cloudy
    Track 13-16°C
    Qualification: Ambient 11-12°C cloudy
    Track 16-17°C
    Warm up: Ambient 12-13°C cloudy
    Track 19-20°C
    Race: Ambient 12-16°C cloudy, small chances of rain
    Track 18-22°C

entrylist:

1. Tobias Kluge, Vette
    2. João Andias
    3. Stefan Beemsterboer, Mosler
    4. Giorgos Davakos, Vette
    5. Ross McGregor
    6. Henrik Horvath
    7. Martin Bulgin, Mosler
    8. Robert Hutchins, Mosler
    9. Chris Sykes
    10. Kimmo Kokkonen
    11. Bruno Sousa Ferreira
    12. Freddie Besems, Mosler
    13. David Zafiu
    14. Michal Szabo, Spyker
    15. Stefan Werner, Marcos
    16. Abdul Ahmed

Reserve starters:

Skinpack DL

http://www.racedepartment.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=2234

Attached Files:

3. Lol i see my Yellow Vette in those clips. :D
    Btw is there a deadline for the poll?
    Need to check if i can make it before i sign up. :)

4. lol thats a hard one for me to choose betwine Portimao and Rouen wont vote now as i like Ivo cant say if i will have time

5. Rouen, above all the pre-74 version, so got my vote... Algarve is both too near and too new :D

Saturday 23? If all goes well, oki will be there... "Compensates" wife Friday, keeps playing on Saturday :)

6. stefan beemsterboer - Viper GTS

7. I'm seriously considering this. It's longer than I've raced b4 as the RDSTL league races are my longest so far at around 90mins.

Not sure about track preference. I love Rouen and Mid Ohio, but this would make a good excuse to learn a new track.

8. They're all top tracks, Algrave would be the easiest on the mind and body I would imagine.

9. Both Algarve and Mid-Ohio are good tracks but I would like to race in Algarve as it's well known for Safe Roling starts.
    I was wondering since I am a gokart driver and we have rolling starts when we make the formation lap and on as we go to the last corner are we going to be side by side (2 drivers side by side) when we exit the last corner OR one long line? (In karting we are normaly 2 drivers side by side before we cross the line)

I will maybe race if I can get use to drive 2 hours as I have only driven 60min's max with GT-Sport's on R2P and 90min's with F1 cars in RDFOC so I should manage to drive 2 hours without making mistakes like going off the road. (as long as a GT-Sport's car feels like a gokart so will I not crash :) )

Sign me up plz and put a TBA Skin on the list plz.

10. Hi Stefan, sadly there is no Viper in the GT-Sport class. :(

11. Ross McGregor

Ross McGregor
    Premium Member

I would like to take part in this please, not sure which track yet, but i'll have a go at all 3. Corvette C6r for me.

12. I dont get why there are so few who sign up.
    Where is Niklas and the other fast guys.

13. oh yeah, enduro again:) sign me up please

14. I think it is a long time till the race actual happens, I have no doubt that the grid is filling up until next WE. :) Skin photos updated.

15. Ross McGregor

Ross McGregor
    Premium Member

It has to be Rouen-les essarts! What a fantastic track!

16. Martin Bulgin

Martin Bulgin
    Premium Member

This looks good, sign me up please, am I right in saying the Mosler is in the sport catagory, if it is I will drive that, as for the track I voted for The Algarve, I have never turned a lap there but saw some endurance racing there on Eurosport and it looked awsome, I like Mid-Ohio and Rouen is ok.

17. Martin Bulgin

Martin Bulgin
    Premium Member

Just had a few laps around Portimao and while some tracks can be a chore to learn this wasnt imo, a really well made track.

18. Its got to be the Algarve for me as this will suit the GT's the best and I haven't raced there yet.

Mosler MT900R pls.

I will sort out a skin and let you have it before the 20th Jan.

19. Martin Bulgin

Martin Bulgin
    Premium Member

Tobias, when does the poll close so we know what track to practice on and also there have been 12 votes and only 8 sign ups so far so is the poll correct ?

Just realized you can click on the number in the poll and see who has voted, if only sign ups are included it should be 5 votes to 3 in favour of Portimao so far.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.