1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

GT Races Poll

Discussion in 'Xbox One | World Endurance Challenge' started by Michael Watts, Jan 9, 2016.

1. 2 hr Race, 3 hr race for Le Mans (No Full Course Cautions)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. 2 hr Race, 3 hr for Le Mans (Full Course Cautions for Multi-Car Incidents ONLY)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Keep Laps # to equal 90 mins (Current Setup) no Cautions

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Laps equal to 90 mins (With Full Course Cautions for Multi-Car Incidents ONLY)

100.0%
  1. Michael Watts

Michael Watts
    XB1 Gamertag: michaei watts Premium Member

Let us know what you think.
    Since there is an option to "Lock Cockpit View", same as using Assists it was decided by the Game Developers that it is an Advantage to run Any Other View, compared to other drivers in Cockpit/Helmet View. The Scientific results are still out on this, but I can tell you it's more of a Challenge to run in Helmet or Cockpit view. I've been told my several drivers that they would be interested in running Cockpit view, but only if it was locked in for everyone so not to give an advantage to any one driver. With the advent of the Crew Chief we now have a spotter now, something we didn't have before.

@mcnasty1 @Lucas Gortman @Globespy @2pfspiff @Joe Zarkos @PRT marcioj @EpilepticToast @xXMetalFlakeXx @Ben Wells @Young JP97 @Dalai toma @Alex Hinton @MillsLayne @mdaro @bigdaddvx2005 @docholiday600 @Robert Waddell @crazyspeederdan

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. 2pfspiff

2pfspiff
    2015 pCars World Endurance Challenge AM Champion Premium Member

I've been practicing with cockpit view, but I am definitely about a second slower. If I am forced to race in cockpit mode then it is what it is. I still like nose view better.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Michael Watts

Michael Watts

Well If it's forced, it will be forced for everyone, Spiff. Once you get used to it I think you will like it. With the Spotter you don't really have to worry about wheel to wheel vision anymore.

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. 2pfspiff

2pfspiff

Out of curiosity, why is it an issue all of a sudden with 3 races left?

5. Michael Watts

Michael Watts

Well, BigDaddy was the reason I made all view available in the first place. He's since told me he would drive cockpit view as long as everyone else did. Like you he says he's about a second slower in that view. It's just another challenge to try

6. 2pfspiff

2pfspiff

Like I said, it is what it is.

7. I use helmet cam anyways so this doesn't really effect me lol

• Like Like x 1
  8. Michael Watts

Michael Watts

Please list some Idea's of what you guys would like to see in the future. I had thought about running a Spec Car series (GT1 RUF, Renault RS.01), Possibly an LMP/LMP2, or another Season of GT3/GT4 with different tracks. Perhaps we can incorporate all of these ideas. Like a short series and then a longer summer series bringing the GT cars back.

• Like Like x 2
  9. You not taking a break now Michael? I thought you were out of commission race wise for a while.

10. 2pfspiff

2pfspiff

I would love a short spec series then a long gt series in the summer. Maybe run the spec series with the default setup.

You could even set the short series up as a voting for the car and track. The day after the race pick 3 classes and 2 tracks and we vote on what we want to run for the next race. When a track and car (or car class) is ran it is taken off the list.

I also wouldn't mind running a series with the older historic cars on shorter tracks.

Last edited: Jan 15, 2016
  11. Michael Watts

Michael Watts

May have a couple weeks in between series. And depending on how things fall some races may have flexible dates. I'm still trying to put my house on the market and build a new one.

• Like Like x 3
  12. mcnasty1

mcnasty1
    mcnasty0421

Id like a spec series maybe with thr megan trophy and rs 1 alternating.

13. mcnasty1

mcnasty1
    mcnasty0421

Ts040 toyota is cool too very fast and great handling with no assist

14. I wouldn't mind a LMP2 or GT3 series. I do have a interest in the Spec series also.

15. Honestly I would love gt3 but I need something new. Anything but gt3 or lmp or formula

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. mcnasty1

mcnasty1
    mcnasty0421

Damn gt3 up to 80% if that tirns out to be the car choice I may sit out..real tired of gt3..

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. Michael Watts

Michael Watts

Well I'm hoping for a March or April start date if we run another season of GT3's w/ GT4's. Also it would be different tracks. My hopes are to have some new GT cars to add to the mixx. Meanwhile a shorter series of spec cars would be a much needed break.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. Michael Watts

Michael Watts

Multiple Votes allowed!!!!!!!!!

19. Michael Watts

Michael Watts

I'd like to keep this Group of Drivers together. Some of the best I've raced with. Assetto Corsa is set to come out around April 22nd. That game is going to be Epic, and we may have to create a new series in that game.
    It has Ferrari :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup: and real tracks :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

• Like Like x 4
  20. Providing they sort MP out though... something that I always see guys compaining about unfortunately. Seems an eternal problem :rolleyes:. Looking forward to seeing what it has to offer though and mine is pre-ordered already.

• Like Like x 1