1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

GT Pro @ Solitude '64, Tuesday 2nd July 2013

Discussion in 'RACE 07 Racing Club & Leagues' started by Dennis Phelan, Jun 26, 2013.

1. Dennis Phelan

Dennis Phelan
    more about staying on track. Premium Member

[​IMG]

Server name: RACEDEPARTMENT.COM GTP
    Car: GT Pro
    Track: Solitude '64 Download
    Weather: Dry
    Games: Evo

19:00 GMT: Practice
    19:30 GMT: Qualification
    19:50 GMT: Warmup
    20:00 GMT: Race (2 x 22 Minutes)

RD Club Rules: Click Here
    Server and TeamSpeak Passwords: Click Here

Entry List:
    1. Dennis Phelan
    2. Bob Miley
    3. Michael Nelson
    4. Reinis Dreijers
    5. Andreas Scholz
    6. -
    7. -
    8. -
    9. -
    10. -
    11. -
    12. -
    13. -
    14. -
    15. -
    16. -
    17. -
    18. -
    19. -
    20. -
    21. -
    22. -
    23. -
    24. -
    25. -
    utp#10Server is UP!

2. That's a big sign me up please!

3. Michael Nelson

Michael Nelson
    Premium Member

And me please.

4. I may not be able to make this awesome combo so here:

The Zonda, though not the top speedster I found easier to handle, while the Egg was a straightline monster, all the times are pretty similar, but each car has it's own strengths and weaknesses.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 4
  5. Michael Nelson

Michael Nelson
    Premium Member

I'm missing a few of the vehicles, does this require the GT Power pack as well?

6. Dennis Phelan

Dennis Phelan

The cars come in both Race Injection and the Power Pack. I believe that cars will be missing if you don't have the power pack. I've always been fairly up to date with addons so I'm not really sure. If that is the case, unless you really want to drive one of the PP cars you're good to go. Race Injection is available on Steam.The PP cars are at the same performance level of the Evo Cars.

7. Sign me in!

8. Oh question, do i have that track or i need to download it from somewhere?

9. Dennis Phelan

Dennis Phelan

There is a "Download" link near the top of the flyer. Sorry, I had the word there but hadn't installed the link.

10. Ok thanks, got it, now can start to practice.

11. Dennis Phelan

Dennis Phelan

Practicing today, I realized I would never go that fast in real life on a road like that!:confused:

12. Michael Nelson

Michael Nelson
    Premium Member

I bought the power pack just now and everything looks OK. Looking forward to this event, I expect to come dead last, but it'll be good to share a track for my first time. :D

13. I should be here tonight yippeee

14. Forgot to say the Matech uses the same setup as Zonda with 1 click higher for 6th gear.

15. 4 8 15 16 23 42 108

4 8 15 16 23 42 108
    Only the 5th-most famous race driver from Kerpen Premium Member

Count me in. Any problems I bring: Guilty is only the quadruple vaccination today:roflmao:

16. Sorry for last minute notice but i cant make it tonight... some private issues.. sorry

17. Needed more racers, but still an awesome combo.

Congrats to Dennis for the double win and thanks to Mike and Andreas for showing up. I really don't understand not wanting to do an event like this guys.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Michael Nelson

Michael Nelson
    Premium Member

That went... OK.

I had a lot of fun, but made a few mistakes, especially first lap. Definitely gonna watch replays, see what I can learn, but I think mostly I just need practice, practice, practice. :p

Cheers guys for the fun event, I really did have a blast. :thumbsup:

19. Dennis Phelan

Dennis Phelan

I think Bob had the best time, he got to see a lot of events unfold in front of him and he never missed a beat!

I couldn't get my old car to go as fast as I did when we had the time trial here, in fact it was a horrible car for me to try and drive so I had to go completely through it and make it reliable.
    I did remember quite a bit of the oddities about the track that can bring downfall and so worked really hard on avoiding them, at least so the car was driveable after any goofs and I think I got that right!

In the races I just tried to pour around the track and whenever Bob let me by, I went and never made a move to let him by again. He let me by everytime I made a little goof though and while it was a nice gesture it did give me reason to not waste the graciousness and so I did always try to push as hard as I could. In the end I went a full second faster on one lap than I did in quali and no, it was not the lap I spun into the pond and had to drive around in the water looking for the way out!

I think there would have been carnage at those speeds with a full grid!
    But Thanks to all that did sign up and or drive!

• Like Like x 1
  20. 4 8 15 16 23 42 108

4 8 15 16 23 42 108
    Only the 5th-most famous race driver from Kerpen Premium Member

I know you all wanted me to win race 1:inlove: Very kind to park all your cars in the hairpin^^ But yesterday was not my day of all days.
    Maybe the vaccination made me a little jerky, maybe I was just not good enough to compete. Anyway, I spun and wrecked the car so often...blown tire in race 1 after repairs in the pits and lost a full lap, flying over the barrier in race 2 and no coming back from the valley.

Nice event though, I don't understand why there were so few of us. Truck event today and on Monday still has the same problem. And the late times are a downside for me.
    I need to work again next week, so my club racing will definitely step back a little.
    Will have a try now to make my setup driveable for any future events.

Thanks to Dennis and Bob and Michael:thumbsup:

• Like Like x 1