1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

GT Pro @ Sachsenring 67 - Monday December 20th, 2010

Discussion in 'RACE 07 Racing Club & Leagues' started by Stefan Werner, Dec 16, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. [​IMG]

Servername: RaceDepartment US-GT

Class: GT Pro
    Track: Sachsenring 67

Weather: Dry

Practice: 45 minutes (20:00 EST / 01:00 GMT )
    Qualification: 10 minutes
    Warmup: 10 minutes
    Race: 2x22 minutes

Notes: Click here to read the password and golden rules

2. ENTRY LIST:
    1. Stefan Werner
    2. Dennis Phelan
    3. Yves Larose
    4. Glen Kabis
    5. Steve Metzler
    6. Ethan Bass
    7. Dariusz Swiderski
    8. Rafael Barbosa
    9. ?
    10. ?
    11. ?
    12. ?
    13. ?
    14. ?
    15. ?

3. Dennis Phelan

Dennis Phelan
    more about staying on track. Premium Member

Well of course!

4. Yves Larose

Yves Larose
    Premium Member

count me in :wink: lets fill up that grid guy's :)

5. Sign me up.

6. Drivername: Steve Metzler
    I understand the Golden rules: YES

7. How easy is it to learn this track?

Love the GT Pro cars, but I'll be a hazard to others if it takes days to learn this track and how to setup a car for it.

8. Dennis Phelan

Dennis Phelan

It's not bad Ethan, long, fast, only a couple of trick corners. The Vette will probably be the car, we've raced here before in this class, Eric has a Vette online.

9. I'll do some TA later and we'll see. I like CCGT the best, but so long as I can find a comfy car for this track, I'll be fine.

10. Server is up! :)

11. Dariusz Swiderski

Dariusz Swiderski
    Premium Member

I just may join up, will see :)

12. Sign me up please.:fwd:

13. Oh dear oh dear me.

Sign me out of this one, (don't remember signing up :confused:) racing round here in a big powerful car like a CCGT, when you've never driven a lap of it ever is madness.

Just tried some TA and oh my god. You ain't serious that people drove this track in what would've been giant biscuit tins back then!

So due to my complete lack of knowledge and fact that I can't even complete one lap of this place, I'll sit it out for the safety of me and others.

Good luck to everyone with the balls to race here (not really scared, but scared of what carnage I might cause) and I hope to race in a GT event in the near future (off from college for a month, so if I get the time to practice, I should be capable of racing).

Cya.

14. Dennis Phelan

Dennis Phelan

I've had lots of laps here before and had a capable car, :inlove: seconds off the pace. I didn't think that all out speed would be necessary here as every pole and haybale has crippling capabilities! I took hits in practice but was very happy.

Q: Yup, put in a couple of laps, kept going till I hit a car stopping pole.

R1: All is fine untill I get just past the first right hander, cars are everywhere and no place to go but into someones door. Pit for aero, tire and suspension damage, back ontrack 1:20 behind....someone[lol]. I try to maintain concentration and not pay any attention to the unnecessary bits that are going on. I've been gaining on the driver ahead but the gap has suddenly narrowed, the track is taking its toll. I wonder where, when Yves will lap me, hoping it will happen in a slow corner. It does[!], last corner and I lose no time. I finish a lpa down on Yves.

R2: A fair launch and I follow Willi around for a lap, staying close. This looks to be a fun race once we get going. Never happens! I tag a pole and I'm out of the race!

Allways a nice track to come to, deadly but fun to run.

Thanks to ALL for attending!

15. I showed up tonight not having done a single lap around this track and only managed to get 1 lap in before we went to qualy. I some how managed to pull a 2:20.8 out of the bag, which was good enough for 3rd.

R1: Didn't get far. Wasn't paying attention and put the car into the first bridge, killing my car and taking out Dariusz and I think Glen as well. Sorry guys, that was a real bonehead moment for me.

R2: Started from second and managed to take the lead. But it didn't me long to make a mistake and drop to thrid and since it was so fun, I ran off track just a couple of turns later and dropped to 4th. lol Eventually found myself all the back up in 2nd after getting past Dariusz, whom seemed to be struggling, but a small mistake on lap 6 saw me retire with yet another DNF.

It was fun while it lasted and in all honesty, I am surprised I did as well as I did in race 2. Next time, I need to get some practice in before the race. lol

16. Yves Larose

Yves Larose
    Premium Member

that was fun, a bit lonely tho apart a few laps in race 2 battling for first place with Dariusz who made a mistake at the fast bumpy left hander before the last straight and ran in the grass hitting the bridge i think and then hitting my side but i managed to keep control of the car on the grass and regain the track. from there it was just managing to finish the race.

thanks stefan and RD

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.