1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

GT PRO @ Monza 10K 1970 Monday August 16th, 2010

Discussion in 'RACE 07 Racing Club & Leagues' started by Eric Nelson, Aug 10, 2010.

1. [​IMG]

Servername: RACEDEPARTMENT USGT

Class: GT-Pro

Track: 1970 Monza

Weather: Dry

Start Time: 21:45 EDT / 18:45 PDT / 01:45 GMT (Monday)

Practice: open server

Qualification: 20mins (9:45EDT)

Warmup: 10mins

Race: 2 x 25 mins

Notes: Click here to read the password and golden rules!

We have a fresh, new way of reporting and punishing incidents in the Racing Club, using an infractions system - read more here

You are actively encouraged to use this system - we like to keep driving standards high - so if you feel you were wronged in any way during an event simply send the event organiser a private message detailing the incident including a youtube video. Do not post reports/accusations in the thread itself - negativity and anger gets us nowhere.

2. We bring you the original "long course" of the Autodromo Nacionale di Monza! A truly unique track incorporating the road racing circuit and the oval track in one lap!

So fire up your favorite GT PRO car and get ready to draft like mad!

[​IMG]

Built in Villa Reale park, north of Monza,[5] a woodland setting,[4] the site has three tracks –
    The first track was built from May[5][7] to July 1922[4][5] by 3,500 workers,[5][7] financed by the Milan Automobile Club[5][7] – which created the Società Incremento Automobilismo e Sport (SIAS) (English: Automobile Sport and Encouragement Company)[5] to run the track. The initial form was a 3.4 square kilometres (1.31 sq mi)[5] site with 10 kilometres (6.2 mi)[5] of macadamised road – comprising a 4.5 kilometres (2.80 mi) loop track,[5][7] and a 5.5 kilometres (3.42 mi) road track.[5][7] The track was officially opened on 3 September 1922,[5] with the second Italian Grand Prix held on 10 September 1922.[5]

3. Entry List:

1. Eric Nelson
    2. Jarrod Keen
    3. Eric Dennis
    4. Glenn Petersen
    5. Tyler Scurlock
    6. Eric Estes
    7. Stefan Werner
    8. Philip Brown
    9. Jon Parke
    10. John Amutenya
    11. KEith Barrick
    12. Dragos Haba
    13. Yves Larose
    14. driver
    15. driver
    16. driver
    17. driver
    18. driver
    19. driver
    20. driver
    21. driver
    22. driver
    23. driver
    24. driver
    25. Willie Watt (maybe)

4. Don't know this config... tried to follow in my brain via the diagram but couldnt do it.... as I only know the newer layout.

Sign me up.

5. Around the oval around the road course, around the oval around the road course.

use a pencil it helps!

6. AhHHhhhh so it's basically a combo of monza jr and monza with the front stretch somehow seperated?

7. Count me in. I will be there!!

8. Glenn Petersen

Glenn Petersen
    Premium Member

Another epic track with these epic cars. I can't miss this!

9. aaaaah no sorry man but MOnza Jr is just a cut off of the regular road course.

Around the oval. Around the road course = 1 lap

if you look carefully the straight for the road course and oval are seperated. When you run a lap in game there is a line of yellow cones seperating the two straights.

Try it live and you'll see.

10. Very cool track, sign me up please.

11. YES!

(Photo of Monza Banking as it remains circa 2003 - now in a park - from SpeedHunters)

Attached Files:

12. Practice Server is uP!

13. Sounds like an interesting config. I should be there as usual. :)

14. Maybe. It's a weekday worknight!:sleep:

15. Yes it is cool... and hard to believe they had the nerve to race it...and if you come off the high banking,( like Jean-Pierre Sarti in "Grand Prix,") its over...guess I'm in.

Q. What is the significance of the yellow line on the banking?

16. Looks like a lane marker is about it I think.........

17. I'll give this a go...sign me up please.

18. Alright!!! RJ.... Jon Parke is an old friend of mine from JC Racing days.... Glad you're connected Jon!!!

19. HE's a racer JArrod! HE decided to check into the BRutally fast WTCC87 event at Rouen les Essarts 74 cold!

now thats a real man there...........:tongue:

20. It says that the .hat file is corrupt. Game crashes as track is loading. There are no models or textures folders in either the 70Monza10k or 70sMonza folder. Game crashes every time I try to load this track. What could be the prob?