1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

GT Pro @ Le Mans 1977 - Monday January 24th 2011

Discussion in 'RACE 07 Racing Club & Leagues' started by Stefan Werner, Jan 20, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. [​IMG]

Class: GT Pro
    Track: Le Mans 1977

Weather: Dry

Practice: 60 minutes (20:00 EST / 01:00 GMT )
    Qualification: 10 minutes
    Warmup: 5 minutes
    Race: 2x22 minutes

Notes: Click here to read the password and golden rules
  2. Entry List:

1. Dennis Phelan
    2. Keith Barrick
    3. Steve Metzler
    4. Sam Mehler
    5. Marcelo Vargas
    6. Tyler Scurlock
    7. Eric Nelson
    8. ?
    9. ?
    10. ?
    11. ?
    12. ?
    13. ?
    14. ?
    15. Danny Asbury - maybe
  3. If I didn't need to get on a plane to Norway at 6am, I'd be right onto this with the Viper. next time:frown:
  4. Dennis Phelan

Dennis Phelan
    Let's just get out there and RACE!! Premium Member

I have no plan to be on a flight to Norway!
  5. Dennis Phelan

Dennis Phelan

Where is everyone?
  6. Sign me up please
  7. Danny Asbury

Danny Asbury
    Premium Member

Put me down as a maybe. I'll know more about tomorrow.
  8. Sign me up please
  9. Sign me up please
  10. Sign me up! :)
  11. Qualification = 10 minutes = essentially superpole @3:3x/lap I'm thinking. No chance of a second timed lap.
  12. Dennis Phelan

Dennis Phelan

True, but it is a track for endurance racing. Our race won't be an endurance race but we'll have to endure it before we can win it.
  13. Back from Texas and looking to RACE! wondering if I can even finish this event.......
  14. server is up!
  15. Sign me up please.
  16. Thanks, Eric. Hope you had a good trip. :)
  17. Sign me in please!
  18. Tried the server during practice and it's night time with no headlights... can't see anything.
  19. Dennis Phelan

Dennis Phelan

The darkness does seem to present a problem for some. On my screen it's just not that dark and easy to discern all the detail. I know my brightness isn't set that high is this just a due to some monitors?

Well, I had a fantastic car in the garage, untill everyone picked the viper over the vette, lol. I would hurt my performance more by tapping the wall than there was a difference between cars! Crashed into the fence at the chicane, no lap, see!

R1: Tapped the wall at the entrance to the Mulsanne, down 4 mph already[see]. Eric E passed right by me after a small off but on L3 I got back on his mistake. Quite a few times during the race I tried to straighten the bodywork on the front left corner by hitting the same bit of Armco I nailed on L1 but the car never got any better, who'd have thought that? On the last lap Marcelo lost too much time at Arnage and I slipped by.

I really do like the chatter on TS, I think it makes me a better driver. But I have to hear my tires, I wan't mad, just had to raise my voice to be heard above the voices. Thanks for responding!

R2: Bad start but I cleared the esses and the mess on the straight. After traffic at Mulsanne it seemed I lost some stability. Sorry for the multiple contacts there Marcelo, my read on what was happening didn't match with reality I guess. Once recovered I couldn't believe I was seeing people in front of me, life is good! Sam bounced off a wall and I watched the race in front of me, Marcelo was having a very good time on this track. After a while I did catch up with Eric E and on L6 Marcelo stuck at Arnage again.

While the straight can be, tough, it's a fun track to race on. Thanks to all for the races!
  20. Like Dennis said, I crashed at Arnage on both races in the last lap! ¬¬

I hate that corner.... lol.

But I had a great time during the practice and race.. thanks for the tips!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.