GT Power Pack for SimBin's RACE Series

OverTake.gg

Administrator
Staff
Simbin just announced yet another expansion pack to their popular RACE Series. For E4.99 all owners of RACE 07 and/or expansions can download a brand new GT Power Pack on Steam on April 19, 2011

The GT Power Pack is designed for those gamers who can’t get enough horsepower under their right foot.

Three high profile exotic GT sportscars are ready to hammer around new tracks from both sides of the old iron curtain. Also two completely new and exciting race tracks will make their debut in the “GT Power Pack”: “Mid-Ohio” and “Chayka”. “Mid Ohio” is often named as “the best road course” in the USA whereas “Chayka” is the first track out of the former Soviet Union to make it to a SimBin title.

Key features:

• Three of the coolest super cars currently prowling racetracks around the world;
    • Pagani Zonda R
    • BMW M3 GT2
    • Matech GT 1
  • Two new and exiting real race tracks tracks, both recreated in minute details, providing the scene for spectacular racing action:
    • Mid-Ohio
    • Chayka
  • Multiplayer, up to 25 players online or using AI.
  • Ghost racing against own or others lap times.
  • True racing regulations; as real as you want it to be.
GT-Power-Expansion-Logo.jpg
power3.jpg
power1.jpg
power2.jpg

Hmm that makes it a bit better. And guys I didn't mean the 5 euro itself was steep, but more because of the amount of content compared to the price... But it may be ebcause I'm not really into GT, but more into normal touring cars.
Also for some reason I got C++ errors since a week or so.. other vdieo driver didn't help..

Guys, just something I've been thinking about lately regarding new addons..
I'm all for options, but sometimes it can divide the community into smaller communities. Say you have 100 potential racers and new buyers of a certain sim/game. Split that game up into 5 different race categories instead, and you have 20 racers per category. Then consider different time zones etc and you will have fewer online people per division.

Of course, this is way simplified, since I dont take into account that new people joining and others leaving for instance.

The Real Question which I think is an essential feature: if you buy all addons, are all avaible races visible in your server list, regarding of which host you start up? In other words, if you start up Race 07 (and have this GT-addon installed), will GT-servers be visible in the server list?
Please say yes :)

That way, the community is still "held together" and you can choose race by the whim, regardless of which client/game you started...

I think the price is really good for this GT add-on and for STCC 2. It costs on average R400 to puchase a game in South Africa.STCC2 = R91 GT= +/- R50I will pay this any day for Simbin quality.Thanks Simbin.

The Real Question which I think is an essential feature: if you buy all addons, are all avaible races visible in your server list, regarding of which host you start up? In other words, if you start up Race 07 (and have this GT-addon installed), will GT-servers be visible in the server list?

If I understand you correctly, you're asking that if you start the game using the Race 07 shortcut/button, will addon content and online servers show up? If so the answer is yes, they will. It doesn't matter which shortcut/button you use, because they will all start the exact same game. The only thing which will be different is the menu/interface colours, but the content and visible online servers will be exactly the same.

'ello Ross

Thanks for the answer, that is exactly what I was wondering, yes.

In my opinion, it is vital to keep some form of "common ground" in the diversity of options.
It is very good that the user can join any race of whatever addon they have installed, without having to shutdown one game and start up another just to change race class.

Otherwise, you would end up having 10 people watching one server list, 10 watching another and 10 watching a third. In such a scenario, you only have 10 potentional gamers per list.

But if all 30 are watching the SAME server list like it is now, you suddenly have 30 potential gamers...which I guess is the point, and a good point it is :)

It's the way SimBin package their games that makes things confusing, as others have mentioned before. It makes Race 07, GTRE, Race On, etc look like a bunch of separate games, but they're not! The game is Race 07. GTRE and all the rest are merely addons, injecting new content into Race 07.

It might also be less confusing if Steam just used a single button to launch the game instead of having different ones for each addon. SimBin could put an extra setting in the options menu allowing users to choose what theme they want to use for the interface.

This is why signing up to be a licensed driver is nice as you can join in on the scheduled events and know ahead of time what is going on and when it will be happening. This way you don't have to worry about what shows up and how many are going to be online as a lot of the events that are running on a daily basis have at least 6 on and many times up to a full server.

So sign up Reject and come enjoy the fun :)

Also for some reason I got C++ errors since a week or so.. other vdieo driver didn't help..

Are they happening with a full field of STCC 2 cars, on the loading screen? For example when loading the Nordschleife?
We are aware of a memory issue that we are currently investigating. That issue makes a C++ error message appear and the game crashes to desktop.

Any input on that kind of errors is very valuable ! Thank you in advance !

I've solved this problem by applying this tool to the race_steam.exe. The steam.dll from the root steam folder must be copied over to the race07 folder and the game must be started by running a bat file which contains following code to make it work
Code:
start steam://rungameid/8660
The game is now able to use more than 2 gb ram when loading texture-intensive tracks like Nordschleife and more than 10 cars.
I hope that one day Simbin will apply this as an official patch, as it works for alot of people I know. The C++ errors are gone for me at the expense of using a modified .exe and the bad feeling of probably getting false-accused as a cheater/hacker

I've solved this problem by applying this tool to the race_steam.exe. The steam.dll from the root steam folder must be copied over to the race07 folder and the game must be started by running a bat file which contains following code to make it work
Code:
start steam://rungameid/8660
The game is now able to use more than 2 gb ram when loading texture-intensive tracks like Nordschleife and more than 10 cars.
I hope that one day Simbin will apply this as an official patch, as it works for alot of people I know. The C++ errors are gone for me at the expense of using a modified .exe and the bad feeling of probably getting false-accused as a cheater/hacker

Since the latest patch I don't need to copie the steam.ddl in the Race07 folder, only the 4gb patch and it work by starting the Race On shortcut.

PTsims is a different Ford GT and a standalone mod so there won't be any problems. I think.
Oh, its gonna work, no doubt about it...But I actually ment how will they differ regarding the physics and graphics, cause PTSIMS is an really brilliant mod (cars look and feel more then ok), really lookin forward to see how Simbin recreates the physics of those cars ;)

I am sure that simbin will keep to their ideals of making sure that the cars are somewhat similar to the other cars in it's class. If this means that the Ford will be tweaked down, then that is likely to be the case unfortunately. I can see their idea about trying to ensure that races are more than a single car due to differences in power/handling.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back