1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

GT Omega Racing Simulator Supreme

Discussion in 'Sim Racing Hardware' started by Andrew Bortz, Jul 12, 2012.

1. Like

100.0%
  2. Dislike

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Andrew Bortz

Andrew Bortz
    GoldenBortz

As the title says, ordered this in the wee early hours on the 11th July can't wait and neither can any of my mates!

• Like Like x 1
  2. Very jealous. I so nearly ordered one this week but the missus vetoed it at the last minute when I decided to be straight with her about how much of the lounge was about to disappear :(
    I did order a triple monitor stand and the GT Omega steering wheel stand as a compromise...hopefully they will arrive before the weekend :)

• Like Like x 1
  3. Andrew Bortz

Andrew Bortz
    GoldenBortz

Just had an email telling me it's arriving tomorrow so not bad under 2 days delivery time. Just hope it arrives before I go to work at 11am otherwise it wont be till my next day off.

4. Rupe Wilson

Rupe Wilson
    Keep Yoga real Premium Member

When i received mine and started building some of the holes did not look like they were in line.. I fitted all bolts through the holes before final tightening .... i think i still had a couple that needed a drill pushing through , nothing serious..:)

5. This looks interesting, seems like a ton of bang for the buck.
    And i thought R-seat was cheap! This is dirt cheap for a cockpit, triple stand etc.

I wonder if the keyboard tray has two pivot points so you can get it closer to you when needed?

Edit: And Rupe probably let us know why the price is where it is..
    I don´t want to have to drill new holes just to put it together.

6. Rupe Wilson

Rupe Wilson

its minor .But you going through 2 pieces of pipe. sometimes the holes aren't the best, you will find this in most products in this price range.. But its not a big problem.. Most will probably just hit it through with a hammer and then the nut will not fit on the thread .. i like to do it correctly that is why i mentioned it

7. Rupe Wilson

Rupe Wilson

[​IMG]

8. Rupe Wilson

Rupe Wilson

As you can see i use the keyboard tray for mouse and coffe cup ..but you can swing it round to go infront of your wheel. restricted movement though not the best.
    I used to use a wheel stand pro and this is so much better.

9. Thanks, yea i can understand that things might not fit 100% at that price point, it was just not something i expected at all.
    Not a deal breaker but definitely something to keep in mind.

How is the seat? Looks relatively comfortable.
    Is it possible to replace? Is it a universal mount so any race seat can be fitted?
    Sorry should probably send a mail to the guys who build it but thought i´d ask you first if you knew.

10. Rupe Wilson

Rupe Wilson

the Seat is perfect fit for me 34inch waist. And very confy.. it also adjustable
    looks like you can fit another seat .. standard runners ..

• Like Like x 1
  11. Andrew Bortz

Andrew Bortz
    GoldenBortz

Well got an email saying I need to phone up UKMail as theres a slight delay, so I ring up and it's a case of only 2 out of 3 packages are on the truck... My next day off happens to be Friday, I really hope I don't have to wait that long...

12. Andrew Bortz

Andrew Bortz
    GoldenBortz

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  13. Nice!
    Could you post a picture with the keyboard tray fully in (towards the driver)
    I plan on having my "gearbox" on the right side (also known as the "proper" side ;))
    So i just want to see if i would have to reach after the mouse, or if i can relax.

14. Andrew Bortz

Andrew Bortz
    GoldenBortz

Ill get you a picture tomorrow. So you want the tray over my lap or sideways beside me or what?

15. That sounded incredibly suggestive!

16. Rupe Wilson

Rupe Wilson

The gear selector unit is a universal fitting so it works on both sides ,and so does the keyboard stand .... so you can put it in any position you like up and down the bottom rail ...;)