rF2 GT Multi-Class @ Bahrain - Wed 22nd Oct

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
I'll give this a bash! May give camaro a go but seems slower than the gtr but the gtr is bad on tyres?
I think the GTR and Corvette use soft tires and the camaro use hard tires. Drivers with the correct driving style shouldn't have any problems managing tires for 45mins for either GTR or Corvette, especially as Frederic said Bahrain is not hard on tires. I think the GTR will be 4-5sec faster than the corvette and another second or two faster than the camaro.

I still haven't decided class, but GT2 seems to be getting competetive ^^.

Was hoping for a bit more sign ups, but pretty hard to get with all the leauge racing.
Still I am not sure which car to take at the moment :D
Maybe we can hand out some weight penalties after qualy to equal out the field :D

@David O'Reilly I guess you have admin rights in the server. You can use the following command to add weight. I have raced with weight in the BTCC and it provides fun and close races, but you have to put in a chunk to slow someone down so 100 to 200kg

Setmass without a batchfile [manual]

Login as admin on the server
type: /setmass 75 Tim Wheatley
would give Tim 75KG's on his car for the remaining of the weekend.
/setmass 0 Tim Wheatley would clear him again

Last edited:
Was hoping for a bit more sign ups, but pretty hard to get with all the leauge racing.
Still I am not sure which car to take at the moment :D
Maybe we can hand out some weight penalties after qualy to equal out the field :D

@David O'Reilly I guess you have admin rights in the server. You can use the following command to add weight. I have raced with weight in the BTCC and it provides fun and close races, but you have to put in a chunk to slow someone down so 100 to 200kg

Setmass without a batchfile [manual]

Login as admin on the server
type: /setmass 75 Tim Wheatley
would give Tim 75KG's on his car for the remaining of the weekend.
/setmass 0 Tim Wheatley would clear him again
OK Ill give it a go.
If we are 3 or 4 I guess we better all drive the same car. I haven't many laps in the C6 so will try to set one up today and get some laps in case its that car.
That is unless you want to show me how to drive the GTR that is Freddy;)

OK Ill give it a go.
If we are 3 or 4 I guess we better all drive the same car. I haven't many laps in the C6 so will try to set one up today and get some laps in case its that car.
That is unless you want to show me how to drive the GTR that is Freddy;)
Or you take the GTR plus some weight :D

P.S. Dont forget, that the Corvette has no auto-blip. I think in terms of weight 50kg should be around 3 to 5 tenth in laptime, but that is only based on the Civic. I think the maximum you can go to is 250kg, that would be a truck then :D

Hate to do this lads but seeing as there are only the 4 of us and I'm racing with you tmrw night I think I'm gonna try the GSCE club race tonight! Soz to bail on ya :(

Or you take the GTR plus some weight :D

P.S. Dont forget, that the Corvette has no auto-blip. I think in terms of weight 50kg should be around 3 to 5 tenth in laptime, but that is only based on the Civic. I think the maximum you can go to is 250kg, that would be a truck then :D

I remember the Bahrain practice race for VWEC when it took me 6-7 laps to pull a gap on you in the C6.
OK I had excuses I was running full fuel and was saving tyres to do a 1 stop etc etc.
Maybe I have improved? I don't know.
Maybe I give myself the weight of a pair of dice on the rear view and a nodding dog on the parcel shelf and a bag of groceries,

say 25kg;)

I was doing some practice in the GTR GT1 and was just marvelling at how the car moves around under you. On the video its very apparent the little movements and corrections.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 349 15.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 243 10.8%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 241 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 177 7.9%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 299 13.3%