AC GT Mini Endurance @ Spa-Francorchamps - Thursday October 16th

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
I.m.o. penalties should be disabled in every event. They are the most unnessesary feature of the whole game. Espacially in Spa they can lead to a mass of trouble in the race because Spa is a very very fast track with a very smooth an fast line and you NEED to leave the track in some places to be fast enogh. Anyway, I don't know any real racing league where you have this kind of penalties and i hope, no, I beg that they change the penalty system to something like a caution or a flag system.

you NEED to leave the track in some places to be fast enogh.
The penalty system is only doing it's job. If you're exceeding track limits to get a faster time, then you're gaining an illegal advantage. Besides, if the penalties are ON, then it's the same for everyone, so no one will get an advantage of placing 4 wheels over the white lines, which shouldn't be happening anyway.

This is a sign up thread for the event, please refrain from having discussions that can be held elsewhere on the forum.

[ QUOTE="Jorge Villar, post: 1836903, member: 176093"]The problem is not the penalty to the infractor, the problem is the crash provoqued by the sudden slowdown of the infractor with the car that comes behind at full speed.[/QUOTE]

I agree with that.. I think it will be more useful to trust more on our fellow races and be more strict telling to the admin who doesn't respect the rules while racing. Staying on the forum rules anyone who cross the white line (so who takes a penalty) is an offender of one of the Golden rules But as far as I know, not punishment yet (reasonably) for those people (including me). The problem is that with penalties you can't always get back on the track safely (another golden rule to be respected). So I think they're not that useful to "maintain the order" in races.

I'm sorry for the OT, this will be the last.

Good race everyone!! See you later ;)

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back