rF2 GT Maserati @ Mid Ohio - Monday June 18th 2012

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
I put up a server using the same settings called Maserati at Mid-Ohio, so we can go there and practice. The mod is just the Maserati All Tracks which we all have. The server will HAVE to be updated by race time or no one will be able to race. It's not even a choice if- everyone is already updated.

You shouldn't even use a RD custom mod, just use the Maserati All Tracks

Kind of difficult to post laps times. A rubbered in track will change the times by several seconds. If you want to improve your lap times, add some AI for 10 mins to lay some rubber down!

I guess if the official RD track doesn't get updated by the race tomorrow we could use my server. The RD server is still running 85. I hope it gets sorted by race time though. But the turn out will be fairly low and my server works great with the same settings so it's not like it'll be a big deal.

I guess if the official RD track doesn't get updated by the race tomorrow we could use my server. The RD server is still running 85. I hope it gets sorted by race time though. But the turn out will be fairly low and my server works great with the same settings so it's not like it'll be a big deal.

It's very much appreciated. I did however need to download an extra six tracks to get on your server to get the mod to work, which I wasn't required to do on the RD server. Just a heads up there, in case the others don't know, and try to jump in last minute.

Last week we had 3 show and this week we only have 4 signed up, so doubtful we'll have an issue. If I make a custom rfmod, then someone will have difficulty getting it. So I'm assuming everyone already has the current rF2 tracks and will have trouble downloading the mod. The Maserati mod I have on there is the standard Maserati All Tracks mod, so everyone should have it anyway.

Let's hope RD fixes the server!

The update has changed these Maserati's. Or to be more correct- the changes that build 90 introduced changes to the Maserati and they handle differently. I just ran some laps and they want to step out mid-corner more now and they seem to brake better. I don't have a very good feel for this thing this week.

Glad I'm not the only one who noticed! I hopped in and ran some laps doing loop-de-loops all the way and I'm like WTF???? It's not a game breaker but does require a slightly different technique in the corners and some setup changes.

Did you install the Maserati mod first? Both components need to be installed from the maserati, and then the game mod.

intaled maserati mod now,and now i get, "mod instaled failed ,try manualy update"i go to mod manager i cant do nothing

sory for beeing such a pain in the ... but i am completly new to rf2

edit: - nvm by some wonder it work,i don't have a clue what i did or did not:)
2nd edit - now i can join server,but game blocks when i enter server,well it look like i am big newb,will try some other time
have a nice one

Okay I caused a bit of a mess there, I'm very sorry. I did a 1:22.7 in Q, but I figured it would be more interesting to start from the back, as the nearest rival was over 2 seconds away from me. So I started from the back and got a lot better start than the rest and went through from the middle, but unfortunately clipped a few cars along the way. rFactor 2 hit detection is quite a bit different to rFactor's so I'm very very sorry about that. So the race went on and everyone seemed to be OK until Guy Moulton stopped and started calling me a cheater and a wrecker. From then on he requested banning me and restarting the event. I tried to explain him the situation but yeah.
I ruined the event and I'm sorry. I didn't think that much drama would come out of a quite simple mistake though.

pics:
http://puu.sh/BTQR
http://puu.sh/BTQt

Well that was a massive waste of my time! I realise some people may feel strongly aggrieved with any collisions that happen and sympathise also, but rules are in place for a reason. Chatting/shouting during the race only puts others off driving.

After a number of restarts, I had to leave to save my time being wasted even more.

I would like to suggest to have this race rescheduled for another date, it could have been fun.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back