1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

GT Legends released on Steam

Discussion in 'GT Legends' started by RaceDepartment, Nov 28, 2012.

1. RaceDepartment

RaceDepartment
    Administrator Staff

View the Post on the Blog

• Like Like x 1
  2. Tom

Tom
    Staff Emeritus Staff

But...money is tight. :(
    Thank you for your purchase!
    THANK YOU FOR YOUR PURCHASE! A RECEIPT WILL BE EMAILED TO YOU SOON!

Damn you, Steam.

• Like Like x 1
  3. I guess this version will be 'Starforce' free then, lol.

Starts searching for credit card.............

4. Tom

Tom
    Staff Emeritus Staff

...so it's not saved in your Steam account?

5. So was the digital version from RaceRoom a year and a half ago.

How did you get that from his post? :unsure:

6. Thank you for highlighting my epic fail at a little bit of humor

:D

• Like Like x 2
  7. Bram

Bram
    Roaring Pipes Maniacs | #27 Staff Premium Member

In 2005, 2006 and 2007 I think there were a million threads started on forums how hard starforce sucked :)Never had any problems with it myself but according to the saga it was hell itself :D

But no starforce with Steam of course. Click and play, easy.

8. Yes, I had a big scare when I first installed the game, the computer wouldn't boot. Ridiculous.
    The solution was fairly easy though, thank god for internet access on cell phones.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Von Butters

Von Butters
    Premium Member

Damn you Steam, DAMN YOU DAMN YOU DAMN YOU!

One of the most heralded games in the history of motorsport, and its brought out ONE week before i go into hospital.

MAN, I'M PEED OFF RIGHT NOW!

So peed off ive bought it as an incentive to get well as soon as i can so i can get to have a good look around/in/through what it has to offer, then get onto multiplayer!

Awesome really!

• Like Like x 2
  10. Von Butters

Von Butters
    Premium Member

Please explain more bud.
    Was that with it originally, or with the steam version?

11. Rupe Wilson

Rupe Wilson
    Keep Yoga real Premium Member

Yes come check us out...today we are at Riverside NasCar and CanAm layouts, guaranteed not to flood, well the only flood with be the floodlights that turn on half way through the race.. and what a race it will be ..you get to drive a BMW-E21-320i-group 5 and yes its fast and tail happy ....oh happy days.. oooh happy days...See you there ;)

12. Rupe Wilson

Rupe Wilson
    Keep Yoga real Premium Member

The old disc version had a few issue's for some. But the steam version or digital download runs so sweet... install and Go..

things we use in the sim.
    (unlock)
    (XD)
    (FFB) guide..
    just post on the forum for more help..:)

13. I could download my digital version from Raceroom for free by showing a photo of me, my original game I bought at €50,- and gamertag in 1??

14. Warren Dawes

Warren Dawes
    Premium Member

I assume Senad was referring to his original disc version (which has Starforce).
    It caused major problems with Win 7 because Starforce drivers were never updated for Win 7, so people had to jump through hoops to use their original discs.

Since the introduction of the digital version ( first by RaceRoom), Starforce has been removed and it is fully compatable with Win 7. I'd be almost certain that the Steam version will be the digital version and therefore a great way to get hold of GTL. This is great because the GTL discs are quite difficult to find these days, and GTL is still one of the all time great Sim Racing games.

• Like Like x 2
  15. Maybe I'll finally pick GTL up after all this time... :)

16. We can play it when you get out :D I am definitely getting this ;)

17. Stefan Woudenberg

Stefan Woudenberg
    Premium Member

When I come home tonight I will pay a visit to to steam and snatch this title to my local machine. :D

Thank you Sinterklaas!!!! Uh .... I mean Steam! :rolleyes:

• Like Like x 1
  18. Stuart Pocock

Stuart Pocock
    I'M BACK... Again :)

So I'm not the only who will be buying GTL :) got to love steam half my wages go through steam :)

19. Von Butters

Von Butters
    Premium Member

Thanks for the reply about Starforce, it had me a little worried. I remember the nightmare i had with Toca 3. I wonder how many of my grey hairs were brought on because of that.

As for money spent on stream, I'd hate for my wife to find out how much I've spent over the years.

According to Raptr, i have 260 games, (ish), but the total is somewhere around 300.
    Oops

20. Von Butters

Von Butters
    Premium Member

Thanks for the reply about Starforce, it had me a little worried. I remember the nightmare i had with Toca 3. I wonder how many of my grey hairs were brought on because of that.

As for money spent on stream, I'd hate for my wife to find out how much I've spent over the years.

According to Raptr, i have 260 games, (ish), but the total is somewhere around 300.
    Oops